What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings

The Colonel

Immortal
Angry_eel said:
how many f**kin people are manly gonna buy. As i see it kennedy is staying, they have orford, monagham, kite, they were said to getting judas and now wing, someone even said they are getting K hunt.

Can we please stop avoiding the word censor.

Kennedy may not yet stay. It is unlikely that Manly will sign everyone they are trying to. More often than not it is player managers trying to boost contracts or Manly trying to price players out of the market so they can sign others at cheaper prices.

I think you'll find the Wing link was tongue in cheek. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
eeladdick said:
I can't wait for saturday............
and its not the game in canberra i'm looking forward to.........

don't expect the June 30 Santa to come knocking on the door, you may well get disappointed.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Creagh down to Manly and Saints (wants to stay at Dragons if they can put in a reasonable offer), manly have offered him mega dollars to replace BK ie over 300k a season.

Personally I think he'll join Manly with Jamie Lyon, Saints won't fork out that sort of money.

How good will the eagles be next season if they get both of these blokes.

sooperdooper

First Grade
MrT said:
That's great, now we have 1.5 million to spend and no one to get. If we have to pay 500k to get Simpson, it would have been easier to retain Morrisson for a couple more years for 300k a year.

I have a real bad feeling about all this. We're gonna get no one and have let players go that won't be replaced. We're going to pay overs for the sake of signing someone.

The timing of the cap rise killed us. If there was no cap rise Parra would have been in the best position to sign players. It won't be till the year after now before we sign better players
Well its not past June 30 yet so i wouldnt worry!

parra pete

Referee
Wobbygong said:
Creagh down to Manly and Saints (wants to stay at Dragons if they can put in a reasonable offer), manly have offered him mega dollars to replace BK ie over 300k a season.

Personally I think he'll join Manly with Jamie Lyon, Saints won't fork out that sort of money.

How good will the eagles be next season if they get both of these blokes.

I'd rather have my principles than win with a sook like him...

Bigfella

Coach
Nothing fancy's gonna happen on saturday

Yep. Announcing 9.30 Saturday morning that you have signed 12 players since the deadline expired won;t really wash will it?

By the way, I think that St George's recent form has been / will be a big factor in them hanging on to some players for less than they could get elsewhere. They are clearly a premiership force this year and probably for a few to come.

Too bad the dealine didn;t come during their traditional slow start to the season, or the end of year choke!

Bigfella

Coach
Just as pure speculation, without any inside knowledge, I think 3 players who M Hagan would be interested in would be:

Seage; of whom Hagan has a massive opinion.

The McDougall brothers, one of whom has a link to Hagan and both of whom are keen to leave.

Of course, all 3 happen to play positions that we are relatively strong in.

I wonder if Jarrod Hayne could be considered a long term prospect as a 5/8?

Phillips

Referee
Bigfella said:
.he McDougall brothers, one of whom has a link to Hagan and both of whom are keen to leave.

Luke MacDougall would be are more than handy replacement for McKinnon

spiderdan

Bench
luke mcdougal???

have you not seen a young bloke by the name of jarryd hayne?

we have more than enough quality and depth for our back three.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Grothe, Tahu, Smith, Inu, Hayne...I think we're OK for backs.

We need GOOD forwards. None of this soft running, spinning and then taking a soft hit-up sh*t our forwards currently do.

spiderdan

Bench
apparently hunt he re-signed with brisbane. i guess if we do buy a 5/8 it makes the club's decision between hunt and hill easier.

Stagger eel

Staff member
spiderdan said:
apparently hunt he re-signed with brisbane. i guess if we do buy a 5/8 it makes the club's decision between hunt and hill easier.

Hill is still a big chance but don't rule out Burns.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Grothe, Tahu, Smith, Inu, Hayne...I think we're OK for backs.

We need GOOD forwards. None of this soft running, spinning and then taking a soft hit-up sh*t our forwards currently do.

What happens when grothe and tahu play origin? and if one is injured?

Who is left?
Smith
Hayne
Burt

we do need 5 outside backs in a game.

Delaney and Williams look to have left.

will we be blooding Josh Davis. Surely he wouldn't be ready?

The Colonel

Immortal
parra pete said:
I have a feeling Mick Witt might be brought back also...

The only people contacting Witt's manager at this point in time are those people being polite and returning his messages....

spiderdan

Bench
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
What happens when grothe and tahu play origin? and if one is injured?

Who is left?
Smith
Hayne
Burt

we do need 5 outside backs in a game.

Delaney and Williams look to have left.

will we be blooding Josh Davis. Surely he wouldn't be ready?
josh davis (if he gets over that sh*t of an injury he got)
kris inu
ben farrer (i haven't seen a lot of him but from all reports he is pretty impressive)