What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simply awesome

Since 73

First Grade
Totally dominant display.
We ran the risk of being flat as tacks after last week's huge effort in NZ.
But we actually continued to raise the bar for forward dominance over a more fancied pack.

kearney - outstanding
Dougie - inspiring
Bird - relentless. Could've been the talking point for selectors except he was overshadowed by this bloke...
Gallen - human wrecking ball. Rack the memory to find a more dominant 40 minute display by one man than his first half. Reputations meant nothing as he almost single-handedly tamed the Broncs.

Go Nulla

Bench
True S73 but we still have to learn to score more points. You have to score points against the Storm, Eagles and even the Doggies to be a chance. The defence is sensational but getting the ball over the line is still atrocious.

jc155776

Coach
Only issues was Bird then Gallen bombing trys goin to the line themselves instead of passing.

But after a 2 week period like we had this is unreal.

We bomb as many as we score but!!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Best performance I've seen from a sharks side in years

The only problem we had was putting them to sleep... Although we were pretty tired also but geez we should have scored a few more meat pies.

Shayne Hayne has no idea also.

jc155776

Coach
Shayne Hayne is shocking.

Refereeing this time of the year comes down to who bloes the less penalties to win the Origing gig.

Watch the other games and see some notorious whistle blowers go quiet...

RockyShark

Juniors
Yep - it was fantastic to watch. Defence was awesome. Made ground without the ball numerous times.

DJDL

First Grade
Absolutely 73.

Before this place falls into the usual "Kimmorley's kicking game" or whatever negativity about the performance I think we should take time to be happy about what we saw tonight.

Coming into this match after the shedule they've just had and to perform as they just did is surely one of the finest wins in this club's recent memory.
The absolute relentless defence, the enthusiasm, line-speed and just complete dominance of the Broncos pack was awesome to watch.

I don't know what Ricky Stuart did as far as training schedules etc. over the last 11 days, but to get the guys out and perform like they did is a huge effort.

There is still a loooong way to go, but I am really starting to like what I see about the direction we are headed.

chili pepper

Bench
DJDL said:
Absolutely 73.

Before this place falls into the usual "Kimmorley's kicking game" or whatever negativity about the performance I think we should take time to be happy about what we saw tonight.

Coming into this match after the shedule they've just had and to perform as they just did is surely one of the finest wins in this club's recent memory.
The absolute relentless defence, the enthusiasm, line-speed and just complete dominance of the Broncos pack was awesome to watch.

I don't know what Ricky Stuart did as far as training schedules etc. over the last 11 days, but to get the guys out and perform like they did is a huge effort.

There is still a loooong way to go, but I am really starting to like what I see about the direction we are headed.

Very true mate.

But I do believe that Noddys kicking was very average for the most part. Dykes for that matter too.

I can recall 3 quality lon kicks that found space and turned the broncs around (2 by BK - by AD)

Dykes short kicks were slightly better than BK.

We have a lot of improvent in this area.

Must kill Ricky - if we had a kicking game as 1/2 as good as his we'd be a massive chance this year given our defence is the best in the league

Inferno

Coach
I hope people were giving it to Hayne, he was f*cken ordinary at best.

A lot of Gallen's good work is ruined by his sh*t hands.

While we continue to win matches I am not overly worried about our attack. It will come in time, and we might just peak at the right end of the season for a change.

Since 73

First Grade
How come we can't put a bomb up that comes down near our chase?
Is it that hard?
Bombs used to create pressure for a fullback once.
Now - thanks to Noddy and Anasta - they are becoming a kick to relieve pressure.

Inferno

Coach
The chase tends to be very sh*t for Noddy bombs, and height is not always an issue. I am starting to wonder if they ever know it is on.

Also what the hell is the point in hoisting up a centre field bomb when the only 2 decent catchers of them are on the wings?

Quigs

Immortal
Yeppers them thar Donkeys was a hurtin' and a hurtin' in all the right places.

First it was Massacre Monday and now this

I am one very happy Sharky living north of the Tweed. Might have trouble finding half the population of my town this week. Yuck yuck Yuck.... They go into hiding when the Donkeys loose.

Why did we have to drop the game we were meant to win at the start of this compressed run. Tis a wierd game, this following the sharks.

Bon Appetite you Sharkie supporters, especially those that live in Qld. Find your local loud mouthed Donkey supporter and give him some for me. The Sunday Mail will be an interesting read this week. just a shame the Tits arn't winning more then the Donkeys... now that would really piss them off.

Oh well I am off to the bathroom to rinse my face - i am having trouble wiping the smile off my face.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
My local rehydration station - the place where I am often open to public ridicule because of my sporting religious beliefs was

vewy, vewy quiet at about 9.30pm tonight.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

The first 10 minutes were shyte.

Pretty good for the last 70. I would have like to see the Sharks put away a Broncos side without Lockyer. Again we socred no tries in the last 22 minutes.

Malonez

Juniors
Just came on cause I watched rather than listened. I know ... but I have this thing, maybe a superstition, if I stand for the whole game, yell a lot & don't sit (+ if I don't bet) we win). Which I did tonight.

How good was:
Gallen's hit on Carmichael early,
Stapo's break for the first try & Stapo's work for the time he was on,
Gallen,
that boy wearing 21,
De Gois,
the defence - outstanding!!!

Stick said we had no credibility, & I agreed - well, bring on anyone who thinks we're easy.

Anyhow, what a great night! What a great start to a great weekend! I don't give a f**k what else happens, it just feels goooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts