What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skando is back...

super_coach

First Grade
What other coach in the NRL would continue to snub Gower. Sheens picks two pensioners on the bench. The impact will be explosive. I dont care if we win the holy grail this year Sheens has to go. What fringe player will ever come to the tigers looking for a break.

Skando will go okay,straight up and down but why??? As for Fitzy, its all been said

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gower is an absolute handful in defence and attack in NSW Cup, just watching him play you can tell that he's too good for that comp. He dominates his opponents.

Skando is MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILES away from Gower as far as form and ability is concerned in the present time.

I'd love to see Gower, Moors and Fifita on the bench

super_coach

First Grade
Gower is an absolute handful in defence and attack in NSW Cup, just watching him play you can tell that he's too good for that comp. He dominates his opponents.

Skando is MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILES away from Gower as far as form and ability is concerned in the present time.

I'd love to see Gower, Moors and Fifita on the bench

Madnut--like me winning lotto its not going to happen--sad but true

gronkathon

First Grade
Guys he signed with the Dragons.

He, like the majority of the guys in Balmain-Ryde Eastwood this year, have stopped falling for the Tim Sheens con job of "I am watching you closely" "You are in my plans" and all of the other rubbish.

If word is correct more than half of the team is sorting through more than one contract for other NRL sides.

I hope they all go well as they deserve better that Shines, Fat Mac & the useless Gnome

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like a dumb move going to the Dragons, he's as likely to get a gig in FG there as he is here.

gronkathon

First Grade
He is the replacement for Jeremy Smith & Costigan by my reading of it.

He is actually a backrower who is just also capable of tearing up at prop.

If he plays I await the "Props just get better the older they get" line from the media team. Props like Petero get better with age. Skando on his best day was not as good as 70c on his worst and that remains the case

Last edited:

braz

Juniors
This is pretty funny.

I am a massive Skando fan too and he won't let us down but this doesn't make much sense.

I watched Wests in the NSW cup last Sat and Skando definitely pulled his weight and played well but there is a big difference to NRL standard.

Moors was the standout so he better get picked.

gronkathon

First Grade
Moors outplayed him by a country mile on the weekend in the same side.

The uber love for this has been is offensive

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Dragons hey? f**king hell.

He ain't the biggest guy around but he hits the ball at pace. Got a pretty good offload. Good pickup by George. Can't wait till farkwit leaves this place.

gronkathon

First Grade
If Skandalis plays on Monday night you can almost guarantee that barring injury we have seen the last of Fifita & Moors in the top grade for 2010

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Do either (Moors or Fifita) have match payments included in their contracts?

I'm sure Skando would so I don't understand why the club would be prepared to outlay additional $$$ in match payments for similar production that would be achieved from players that are on a fixed income, and counts towards the cap irrespective of the number of performances.

Bricey

Juniors
Just had a look on the wests magpies website for stats and things for skando's year to date, and found the team sheet for this weekends game against Balmain.

Skando is in the side and interestingly, no Moors

NEXT GAME
Round 19 - Western Suburbs Magpies v Balmain Ryde Eastwood
Saturday 17th July - Leichhardt Oval - 3pm
TEAM LINE UP:
1 George Kepa
2 Rhys Pritchard
3 Andrew Everingham
4 Nu Akeripa
5 Gus Aiga
6 Ben Falcone
7 Nathan Waters
8 Alex Ranieri
9 Kurt Kara
10 John Skandalis
11 Andrew Pearn
12 Josh Davis
13 Jamie Sharkie

14 Troy O’Sullivan
15 David Harris
18 Duan Poaneki
19 Micheal Stolk

Coach. Leo Epifania

CoachMan

Juniors
Yeah mate, but Leo picks a side each week to go to print, it rarely looks like that come game day. Once Sheens makes up his mind, it'll change.

Late Mail

Juniors
Expect Skandalis to be on the bench, and Moors to NSW Cup. Supercoach reckons Moors needs more game time to improve fitness.

Das Hassler

Bench
May or may not be a little more to this than meets the eye....the Cowboys at Leichardt might be as easy as it gets for the rest of the year and this may be the right time to get him warmed up with the side just in case.. he may not get called up again for the remaining rounds but come finals time having a little extra experience to call on (in real pressure games) mighten't be such a bad thing...i wouldn't have a clue if this is what he's thinking, it's just a thought.
Also..brings to mind how Warren Ryan used Kerry Hemsley (experienced but in and out of reserve grade) and Steve Edmed through the '88 finals