What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skeepe's halftime spray?

The Great Dane

First Grade
I sit near the tunnel and saw security come and take him away (though I didn't see the actual indecent) and the kid looked to be between 13-16 give or take, so we might want to lay off name calling and calling for life bans cause he's just a kid that's done something stupid.

A public apology or something like that would be a better result for everyone.

_snafu_

Immortal
5796889deeb8c_2016_07_25t21_31_53.433z_640x360-1bpd24t.jpg

nick87

Coach
I sit near the tunnel and saw security come and take him away (though I didn't see the actual indecent) and the kid looked to be between 13-16 give or take, so we might want to lay off name calling and calling for life bans cause he's just a kid that's done something stupid.

Na f**k that
Ban him for life. Teach the little merkin a lesson about consequences of his actions

Front-Rower

First Grade

Watch the video and tell me it was a spur of the moment young bloke brain explosion. Not only does he spit towards the officials he gives them all a gobfull and the middle finger.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...ent-directed-at-referees-20170820-gy04s4.html

carcharias

Immortal
Still not as bad as one of our fans punching out a female cop.
Surely that is worse
Although that spitting is about as disgusting as you can get.

JamesRustle

First Grade
The young fella knows the viking clap is dead and was just trying to start something else he's seen at foreign sporting stadiums.

papabear

Juniors
To be fair to the kid, whilst most calls went our way in the second half.

half time came right after two obvious knock ons were missed and papalii and austin put on a shit show of defence to let mansour in.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Still not as bad as one of our fans punching out a female cop.
Surely that is worse
Although that spitting is about as disgusting as you can get.
Didn't I bleed monthly take a squat and piss on the seat she was at during an origin game.

Passion

The Great Dane

First Grade
Na f**k that
Ban him for life. Teach the little merkin a lesson about consequences of his actions

And exactly what lesson would that teach?
That Rugby League is vengeful and will punish some nobody kid to it's full extent for a comparatively small harmless crime, while at the same time letting blokes that have beaten their wives, drug cheats, people that have cheated the system, gone to jail, etc, etc, be written up in the newspaper as redemption stories the next day!

Shouldn't this kid have a chance to redeem himself as well, or do we only maintain that right for people we think will win us a premiership!?

Watch the video and tell me it was a spur of the moment young bloke brain explosion. Not only does he spit towards the officials he gives them all a gobfull and the middle finger.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...ent-directed-at-referees-20170820-gy04s4.html

Every time I did something stupid when I was his age that I regretted afterwards like fighting or whatever, it started relatively harmlessly until I (or somebody else involved) let it spiral out of control, so yeah I will tell you it was a spur of the moment young bloke brain explosion for him to spit at the refs, the gob-full and the finger on the other hand.... But we don't plan on banning yelling things out and giving the finger do we? Cause if we do we're going to ban 3 quarters of our audience from attending games, and make the crowds very bloody homogeneous and quiet.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Reminds me of when a posse of raiders fans on here hunted down Joel Monaghan after he signed with the roosters and got in a fight with his family members.

The Great Dane

First Grade
To be fair to the kid, whilst most calls went our way in the second half.

half time came right after two obvious knock ons were missed and papalii and austin put on a shit show of defence to let mansour in.

Most of the calls did go our way yes, but it was things that weren't called (against both sides) that were upsetting me.

Maybe it's only me that finds it sad to see the game being slowly turned into a sh!t fight of wrestling, players offside, forward passes, etc, when all it would take is the refs to get really hard on these things for a few weeks and the coaches would stamp it out.

nick87

Coach
And exactly what lesson would that teach?
That Rugby League is vengeful and will punish some nobody kid to it's full extent for a comparatively small harmless crime, while at the same time letting blokes that have beaten their wives, drug cheats, people that have cheated the system, gone to jail, etc, etc, be written up in the newspaper as redemption stories the next day!

Shouldn't this kid have a chance to redeem himself as well, or do we only maintain that right for people we think will win us a premiership!?

The kid spat at an official
I don't view that at a minor harmless crime.
The lesson it will teach him is that one dumb act can have lasting impact on your life.

Being young isn't an excuse for that sort of behaviour. f**k him, life ban

The Great Dane

First Grade
The kid spat at an official
I don't view that at a minor harmless crime.

Spitting by its very definition is harmless!

It's incredibly disrespectful, quite disgusting, and a low thing to do, but it cannot actually do any physical harm to you.

Lets put things into perspective, the kid didn't jump the rail and punch Kline, he didn't throw a projectile at Kline, he didn't raid the pitch and decapitate him with a machete (that's actually happened at Brazilian soccer games before), he didn't put a hand on him in any way!
All of which would justify bans because an attempt to physically harm Kline would have occurred.

All he did was spat at him, a disgusting thing to do, and something he should be reprimanded for, maybe even banned for some period of time, but a life ban no, for a life ban somebody needs to be put in danger of injury at least, some long lasting damage needs to have occurred, that didn't occur.

The lesson it will teach him is that one dumb act can have lasting impact on your life.

Being young isn't an excuse for that sort of behaviour. f**k him, life ban

Apparently that's only true for no name kids and not for professional football players that have stolen, cheated, assaulted people, spend time in jail, etc.

And besides one dumb act of a serious enough nature can impact your life, but in the grand scheme of things nobody was hurt in this case, nor could anybody actually ever be hurt by his actions, no matter how many times he spat at them.