What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skeepe's halftime spray?

Paullyboy

Coach
The refs were diabolical in the first half, absolutely criminal in their support of the Panthers. But spitting on someone isn't cool.

The reality is, the calls switched around in the second half though, so there are going to be degenerates out there that think they can intimidate refs into changing their bias, could open up a bigger can of worms.

(For the record - I don't think that's what made the refs swing, I think they must have realised they made some absolute shockers in the first half when they sat down and had a chance to think about it, but doesn't mean others won't form a different conclusion).

OldPanther

Coach
The refs were diabolical in the first half, absolutely criminal in their support of the Panthers. But spitting on someone isn't cool.

The reality is, the calls switched around in the second half though, so there are going to be degenerates out there that think they can intimidate refs into changing their bias, could open up a bigger can of worms.

(For the record - I don't think that's what made the refs swing, I think they must have realised they made some absolute shockers in the first half when they sat down and had a chance to think about it, but doesn't mean others won't form a different conclusion).

Load of rubbish. The refs weren't out to get you and had a pretty reasonable game.

Radical Rat

Juniors
The kid spat at an official
I don't view that at a minor harmless crime.
The lesson it will teach him is that one dumb act can have lasting impact on your life.

Being young isn't an excuse for that sort of behaviour. f**k him, life ban

Geez you must have lived a clean skin life to be so comfortable up on your high horse.

nick87

Coach
Geez you must have lived a clean skin life to be so comfortable up on your high horse.
Not at all
Made plenty of mistakes. paid the price.
That's life.

No one is saying the give the kid the death sentence. He can live a long, very successful life if he never steps foot in Canberra Stadium again... also the logistics of such a ban is impossible anyways, he could walk into the stadium next week, sit on the otherside of the park and no one would ever know. It's not like they have face recognition technology and a wall of shame at the entry points hhaha

Life bans aren't actually about keeping people out of the park for life. It's about sending a message. Christ how many times did that Hore pest manage to get into a ground?

So in a sense i can see the value of the 12 month ban he got, trying to police it beyond that is pointless anyways, but i still think there is value in sending the message

Run to the tunnel and spit at an official, or anyone for that matter, you're banned for life
The message you want to send to spectators

Radical Rat

Juniors
Not at all
Made plenty of mistakes. paid the price.
That's life.

No one is saying the give the kid the death sentence. He can live a long, very successful life if he never steps foot in Canberra Stadium again... also the logistics of such a ban is impossible anyways, he could walk into the stadium next week, sit on the otherside of the park and no one would ever know. It's not like they have face recognition technology and a wall of shame at the entry points hhaha

Life bans aren't actually about keeping people out of the park for life. It's about sending a message. Christ how many times did that Hore pest manage to get into a ground?

So in a sense i can see the value of the 12 month ban he got, trying to police it beyond that is pointless anyways, but i still think there is value in sending the message

Run to the tunnel and spit at an official, or anyone for that matter, you're banned for life
The message you want to send to spectators
That's a very well constructed view point and hard to argue with.

So true about the "life ban", I don't see how that could ever be policed, especially at a huge venue like a stadium. I got a life ban from a club in the ACT after getting into a fight when I was younger, I was back there a couple of months later with no hassles. I just didn't become a member again.

franklin2323

Immortal

What calls were they? I thought the refs were pretty good they could of cracked down on the ruck speed but both teams were guilty there. We were behind in the penalties at halftime. 88% of completion rate is why we won. 14 errors is why Canberra lost simple

Paullyboy

Coach
What calls were they? I thought the refs were pretty good they could of cracked down on the ruck speed but both teams were guilty there. We were behind in the penalties at halftime. 88% of completion rate is why we won. 14 errors is why Canberra lost simple
The fact that Penrith literally knocked on three times and none were called springs to mind.

That and the fact that Penrith were square at marker one in every three tackles. yet weren't ever punished for it.

But as I said, the Raiders had our chances and should have won, but to say the refs weren't horrid is just ridiculous.

OldPanther

Coach
The fact that Penrith literally knocked on three times and none were called springs to mind.

That and the fact that Penrith were square at marker one in every three tackles. yet weren't ever punished for it.

But as I said, the Raiders had our chances and should have won, but to say the refs weren't horrid is just ridiculous.

They weren't. I just re-watched the game and it didn't happen like that.

Latest posts