What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sketch comedy

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Is it just me, or has sketch comedy these days gone way down hill. Like some of the shows are just a bit ordinary when it comes to sketch comedy. The jokes/sketches they come up with just get lamer and lamer each time. Skithouse, Comedy Inc, Big bite, some of Rove's sketches. Mind you Big Bite which is also the same people of Hamish and Andy is kind of funny. Yet none of those shows arent as good as Fast Forward and Full Frontal.

Ted Emery was the producer of both of those shows, and is now the producer off Kath and Kim, and has also done Russell Coight. Those shows were quite funny. Maybe we need to bring back Ted to produce sketch comedy shows.

But as I said, Sketch comedy hasnt been as funny since Fast Forward and Full Frontal finished. :cry:

andrew flap

Bench
yeah, I agree with your sentiments, a lot of sukky stuff about.

The problem, IMO is that is is very expensive to make (locations, writers, sets, props, lighting, makeup, cast) and often is driven by current affairs. As a result, it has a high cost and a limited shelf life. It is also often character driven, that means you have to make up heaps of funny lines for actors to play a character (eg, Con, Kylie Mole, Kath and Kim) and this is a hard thing for even the best writers to do.

That means a lot of filler or in more blunt terms, unfunny crap gets aired as a result.

They are funny.. It is typical aussie and british humour..

A lot of people are getting used to unfunny american sitcoms nowadays.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
andrew flap said:
yeah, I agree with your sentiments, a lot of sukky stuff about.

The problem, IMO is that is is very expensive to make .

If it is Comedy Inc. has certainly wasted a lot of money. :lol:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Is that the Uk Version, cause thats pretty funny its got that girl who used to be on Full Frontal.

Jimbo

Immortal
Skithouse should be renamed sh*thouse.

Fast Forward was the last decent comedy show ever made. Everything since has been a very poor imitation.

Paullyboy

Coach
Full Frontal was better than Fast Forward in its hey day. When Eric Bana, Kim Gyngell and Shaun Micallef were all on Full Frontal it was some of the best TV ever made.

I also had massive raps on Micallefs show on the ABC, before it moved to 9.

Skithouse is the most embarrasing thing ever to make TV screens though, its directed at 10 year olds and has the most pathetic attempts at comedy Ive ever seen

MEE

Juniors
half said:
the micallef show and the late show have been the best in my opinion. actually, make that fo sho
word.

the late show made full front and fast forward look like shite in comparision.

the miccallef show was also delightfully funny though had a short life span.

The best part of micallef was whenever he was in that room on an angle but it was filmed so it looked flat.. Those bits were hella cool

MEE

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
The best part of micallef was whenever he was in that room on an angle but it was filmed so it looked flat.. Those bits were hella cool
remember that skit he would do, i think he played a doctor or something. he would always get his lines mixed up or say other peoples lines and miss his camera mark. and he said 'iiiieeeeeeee' all the time.

hehehehehehehehehehhe!!!!!

Houdini

First Grade
Fast Forward was definitely the best

I haven't seen any of these new comedy shows, the adds alone look pretty bad.

The Micalleff show was ok, I don't think it appealed to many people, but I found it funny. Especially those quizzes where they won really stupid prizes

my eagle eye said:
Chicken_Hunter said:
remember that skit he would do, i think he played a doctor or something. he would always get his lines mixed up or say other peoples lines and miss his camera mark. and he said 'iiiieeeeeeee' all the time.

hehehehehehehehehehhe!!!!!

hahah.. GIVE ME 20 CC's OF STAT! :lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know of an awesome comedy show that hasn't made it big time yet.

It has a cooking show as well. Some live acts are going to be incorporated, as well as animals.

It is absolutely hilarious.

Only a select 2 people know about it :D

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Dirk DIGgler said:
Saturday Night Live would be up there...allthough Will Ferrell carried it in the 90's.

yeah......Norm McDonald, Adam Sandler, and David Spade and Co, all used to be good.

The new SNL cast is really crap

IF you ever get a chance to watch the really old ones, on video DIG, with John Belushi, Dan Akeroid (sp) and Eddie Murphy, they were also pretty cool.

Latest posts