What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky Cam

Does Sky Cam suck?

• Yes, it stinks!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it rocks!

• Give it another chance

• Total voters

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That sky cam is the most overated camera ever. I felt confused, I didnt know they were that close till Rooney scored. :?

Hass

Juniors
When I saw skycam in the Chellenge Cup Final the picture quality seemed a lot better.

They also kept it directly behind the attacking play as though you were 10 metres behind the play and 10 metres in the air. It allowed for a much wider view of the field and worked quite well.

I think there is room to use it in general play, however it needs to be done a little smarter. I agree that it would be great for replays. Either way it wasn't a perfect debut, however it's got potential and I'd like to see it in action again before getting rid of it.

Cheers.

El Diablo

Post Whore
When I saw AFL highlights of it on the news the picture looked terrible.

Blimp cam was better.

gaterooze

Bench
Total waste of time. The regular shots were almost always better, except the silly SkyCam itself kept getting in the picture!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
To be honest I think it shouldn't be there at all - sure it's a great innovation and could have it's positives given some obvious improvements, but I see it as an impediment 1 to the normal camera, it impeded the shot and confused me a lot, and also, it can actually have an effect on the game should a kick hit the wire that it's running on, therefore f**king things up big time on the field. Can it. NOW.

t-ba

Post Whore
It needs some working, that's for sure. It just absolutely ruined the viewing experience!

El Diablo

Post Whore
Blind Freddy said:
The only time it looked ok, was during the Lewis try when it followed him up the sideline.

I thought that was when it was at it's worst. I had no idea they were that close to the tryline.

rugged

Juniors
It was annoying at the stadium too.

But worse on the television replay. Not much use having digital and an LCD TV if they are going to do try replays with that blurry system.

axie

Juniors
The Skycam it was proved useless in the Superbowl, redundant in the FA Cup Final, futile down at the Telstra Dome a few weeks ago and, finally, ineffective tonight at the second State of Origin.

It's a promotional gimmick pure and simple and, to that effect, it's a success. The media hype surrounding the use of the camera has surely made its developer a happy man, and will continue to do so for some time.