What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky Cam

Does Sky Cam suck?

• Yes, it stinks!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it rocks!

• Give it another chance

• Total voters

ngunity

Juniors
My biggest gripe was the colour was WASHED out, the grass was more light khaki than green (or some kinda light green) on Sky cam

I don't think the should abandon it, but they MUST scrap it for 'live' play. It's cool for replays though

oh yeah I didn't like seeing the Sky cam being picked up in the regular Cameras either, it was a bit distracting seeing a camera flying along above play...

supermario

Juniors
Here was the real use for sky cam !!!!

other-lurking2.gif

salivor

First Grade
Beaussie said:
The AFL were the first to introduce Sky Cam to Australian TV audiences.

Yeah but it's originally American technology so no wonder AFL aren't jack shit on the International sporting scene. Crawl back into the hole you came from troll.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
You idiot.
The AFL don't even own a single camera.
The system did not arrive in time for Origin 1 so "CH9" started using it on the AFL ASAP.
AFL needs it more than league because it is a terrible television sport.
Round feild on a square box, 100 players & 20 referees.
they are working big time on making it more palatable & less distressing on the viewer with thousands of camera cuts every match.
The system used in Brisbane is the one that is used on the AFL.
You idiot.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Beaussie said:
The AFL were the first to introduce Sky Cam to Australian TV audiences.

You obviously missed the story ACA did on Sky Cam before either code used it.

Eelectrica

Referee
Skycam has potential. In game 2 it was a new toy for channel 9 to play with and they didn't know what they were doing. Hopefully they learn how to use it for game 3.

Nugby

Juniors
would have given anything for Slater's kick to have hit i and gone into the hands of minichiello

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Just plain stupid, the worst invention ever. Why did they use it?

Twice they showed tries on that stupid angle, I felt like I didnt know where I was.

P1ss it off its hopeless, just like Channel 9.

ngap

Juniors
At least they kept it out of main picture most of the time tonight. Image quality still wasn't good.