What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SL Stadium developments

Perth Red

Post Whore
You're totally missing the point, you said they should have sold Headingly and bought Elland rd when it was for sale. The reality is Elland rd needs a lot more money spending on it than Leeds Rhinos could ever afford and the return on that level of investment doesnt make any sense, especially when they have Headingly making them some decent revenue without anywhere near that level of spend. Headingly is one of the best RL grounds for atmosphere and just needs the sth terrace sorting now. Elland road is a sht hole and anyone who goes hates it. So yeh Leeds Rhinos arent moving from the stadium they have owned since they began lol.

Maybe in Southern England, ask any northerner about Headingly and they'll presume you are talking about the Rugby stadium.

Wb1234

Immortal
You're totally missing the point, you said they should have sold Headingly and bought Elland rd when it was for sale. The reality is Elland rd needs a lot more money spending on it than Leeds Rhinos could ever afford and the return on that level of investment doesnt make any sense, especially when they have Headingly making them some decent revenue without anywhere near that level of spend. Headingly is one of the best RL grounds for atmosphere and just needs the sth terrace sorting now. Elland road is a sht hole and anyone who goes hates it. So yeh Leeds Rhinos arent moving from the stadium they have owned since they began lol.

Maybe in Southern England, ask any northerner about Headingly and they'll presume you are talking about the Rugby stadium.
Leeds utd have spent nothing on Elland rd in 20 years

And the rhinos have spent 60 million already on a very average stadium

Away terrace can’t be done unless you buy the houses

Indeed there’s a house on the corner of the ground now as it is

Gordie

Juniors
Leeds utd have spent nothing on Elland rd in 20 years

And the rhinos have spent 60 million already on a very average stadium

Away terrace can’t be done unless you buy the houses

Indeed there’s a house on the corner of the ground now as it is
Where’s the money coming from for the rhinos to redevelop elland rd ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Where did the money come from the rhinos spent on headingly
It was joint funded and Rhinos sold off some assets to pay a chunk of it.
It was small compared to what you need to spend on elland Rd. That place was sht 20 years ago when I was there and I dont suppose its got any better.

'To facilitate the stadium improvement plans, funding will be provided from a combination of public and private funding including Yorkshire County Cricket Club and Leeds Rhinos. Leeds Rhinos will provide the majority of the remaining investment through the proposed sale of two sites for housing development located off Weetwood Avenue, Weetwood and off Old Thorpe Lane, Bradford Road, Tingley. The net receipts from the sale of these sites will be 100 percent invested into the improvements at Headingley.'

Gordie

Juniors
It was small compared to what you need to spend on elland Rd. That place was sht 20 years ago when I was there and I dont suppose its got any better.

'To facilitate the stadium improvement plans, funding will be provided from a combination of public and private funding including Yorkshire County Cricket Club and Leeds Rhinos. Leeds Rhinos will provide the majority of the remaining investment through the proposed sale of two sites for housing development located off Weetwood Avenue, Weetwood and off Old Thorpe Lane, Bradford Road, Tingley. The net receipts from the sale of these sites will be 100 percent invested into the improvements at Headingley.'

Legeal&general pumped £35 million into the redevelopment.

Wb1234

Immortal

Carnegie stand has some weird 30 million pound loan where they gave away part ownership of the stand

And if they had sold all of headingly they would’ve had money left over

Rhinos crowds could be pushing 30k now

Gordie

Juniors
Carnegie stand has some weird 30 million pound loan where they gave away part ownership of the stand

Legal&general own the stand I believe and lease it to leeds rhinos and YCCC.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Have you been to Elland rd? 30k Rhinos fans arent going there.

Wb1234

Immortal
you didn’t miss much as it’s a dump that will need 100’s of millions to upgrade.

The upgrades are great but it’s a shame that it comes with the cost of a reduced capacity.
The old south stand terrace was amazing

Like being in a mosh pit

Leeds was a nice city too good nightlife

Wb1234

Immortal
TBF all the old grounds had amazing atmosphere.

25k-30k in Central Park mostly standing was electric.
Yeh wish I was around for that

Went to Knowsley rd it was dump lol

Jjb for the derby was electric so was the kc for the hull derby

Wigan need to get their own ground
Shame leneghan didn’t just buy the latics last time as it was cheap

I even managed to get to spotland as a friend runs the Rochdale supporters club

Gordie

Juniors
Yeh wish I was around for that

Went to Knowsley rd it was dump lol

Jjb for the derby was electric so was the kc for the hull derby

Wigan need to get their own ground
Shame leneghan didn’t just buy the latics last time as it was cheap

I even managed to get to spotland as a friend runs the Rochdale supporters club
Put 25k in an all seater stadium for a Wigan v saints or hull derby and it’s going to be bouncing but put 25k in the old grounds and it’s off the charts!!

Latest posts