What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slater = GRUB

Knightmare

Coach
Slater is an awesome talent when he's on his game, but he is also dirty grub and a little bitch. It seems that once a month he gets especially bitchy...

nz eagle

Juniors
Slater is an awesome talent when he's on his game, but he is also dirty grub and a little bitch. It seems that once a month he gets especially bitchy...

couldn't agree more, whatever slater does is swept under the carpet compared to other players because of his "talent". What about all those terrible feet first tackles he was doing, imagine if that was a different fullback.

He also seems to be a bit of a coward.

skeepe

Immortal
Funny thread.

If it has proved one thing, it's that going to a selective school doesn't stop you from becoming a complete and utter tit.

thorson1987

Coach
Funny thread.

If it has proved one thing, it's that going to a selective school doesn't stop you from becoming a complete and utter tit.

Not true. I went to a selective high school. And im not a complete and utter tit, just a normal one. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Yesterday he was grappled at least 3 times, once badly enough to incite Cam Smith, usually a calm cool customer to interject and start a push and shove... others in very awkward fashion, he was then pushed into metal signage unnecessarily and Slater is the grub?

Im not saying Slater is a clean skin, because he's not, he likes to get under peoples skin and he occasionally steps over the mark and is rightly critised for that, and yes he is probably a bit grubbier than most, but this thread has no right to be started given what transpired on the footy paddock yesterday. Slater cop a lot of grubby treatment yesterday and he responded in the respectful way possible, by carving them up with football in hand.

I also said I didn't think there was much in any of the mentioned incidents. What transpired in that game is irrelevant to my thoughts on Slater. This thread could have been posted in the pre-season with no games to speak of and I still would have written the same type of post.

The guy is a gutless turd, who doesn't need it in his game. I remember a few years ago when Soward played for the Roosters Slater came through when Soward fielded a kick and ran it over the sideline, Slater hit him deliberately with an elbow well after the play and busted Soward open. He's always looking for opportunities to injure players, yet somehow he gets away with it. For someone with so much talent, I can't fathom the reasoning behind why he would want to play the game the way he does. He is a cat, and to be honest I'm kind of amazed that any non-storm fans are actually supporting him. I thought he was universally despised by those who didn't wear rose-coloured glasses.

Last edited:
I also said I didn't think there was much in any of the mentioned incidents. What transpired in that game is irrelevant to my thoughts on Slater. This thread could have been posted in the pre-season with no games to speak of and I still would have written the same type of post.

The guy is a gutless turd, who doesn't need it in his game. I remember a few years ago when Soward played for the Roosters Slater came through when Soward fielded a kick and ran it over the sideline, Slater hit him deliberately with an elbow well after the play and busted Soward open. He's always looking for opportunities to injure players, yet somehow he gets away with it. For someone with so much talent, I can't fathom the reasoning behind why he would want to play the game the way he does. He is a cat, and to be honest I'm kind of amazed that any non-storm fans are actually supporting him. I thought he was universally despised by those who didn't wear rose-coloured glasses.

Keep ranting..it will make you feel better (or bitter)...

kbw

Bench
I am not impressed with some of the things Slater has done.
But geez as a grub he is not in the class of people like Gallen, Ennis, Quinn and that little sh*t Sandow.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
I am not impressed with some of the things Slater has done.
But geez as a grub he is not in the class of people like Gallen, Ennis, Quinn and that little sh*t Sandow.

Slater is 1000 times the grub Sandow is.

Infact I can't think of anything grubbish Sandow has done. At all.

Stremo

Juniors
Slater is the biggest grub in league pitty his head didnt ram into the signage maybe other players push him around because they have no respect for him cause he is a grub like the rest of his team mates.

Slater is the biggest grub in league pitty his head didnt ram into the signage maybe other players push him around because they have no respect for him cause he is a grub like the rest of his team mates.

Another flame thrower...

Can we just start a flame room for all of these tools...

Ulysseus

Bench
Hahaha....Ive seen invitations on here and other RL forums to sort out differences of opinions before, the old way.

IQ tests....bwahahahahah :lol:

Its different I give it that :?
The last time I offered to sought out a difference of opinion on a forum, with some tool called Broncosrock or some sh*t on the old DAF site, I turned up, he turned up, he ran.
I claimed victory by default :D, little f**king pencil necxk trolley pushing merkin, if your reading the invitation still stands valid, don't let fear hold you back.

Anyway, this IQ thing, is this just a closed competition between you two or can anyone throw there hat in the ring?

Ulysseus

Bench
Find Locky and get a room.

LOL, I have heard a few rumblings about that particular gents sexual preference.
Rather than being unfounded sh*t which I initially dismissed, I have had it confirmed by 4 others, who don't know each other :shock:

So can anyone confirm if its true, does Lockyer take it up the jacksy?
And more to the point, did he cop it up the jacksy by a certain former first graders brother, this former first grader being married to the daughter of a prominent coach and also held a position on channel 9 before walking out?