What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sledge War

deal.with.it

Juniors
Not the most mature posting, but ...

Did anyone see the war of words on twitter in regards to the Phili 9's?
Marcus Vass was very vocal, and very immature.
Niu and co continued to put the AMNRL out there saying the AMNRL had "real teams".
And Druzik was caught in a war of words with another of Niu's side kicks.
The hostility isn't going to disappear it seams.

Oh well, maybe Dru can enlighten us on what happened, and the whether the 9's was a success, and the future for the USARL?

Evil Homer

Staff member
These guys need to grow the f**k up, seriously. What do they think this will achieve other than making them look petty and stupid?

Last edited:

joshreading

Staff member
It is frankly pathetic. The RLIF should take an official look into the conduct of the AMNRL in bringing disrepute to the game. The Childish antics of Vassy/redstripe guy (the graphic designer - these two in particular and Niu is pathetic.

I guess all the photos of players from the Philly Nines on Druziks facebook are not actually real. I guess it was a fake Axemen and New Haven in 2010 that were the Grand final teams.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I'm starting to think I'd like to see Jamaica make the WC now, at least you can actually see the hard work they have been doing.

The yanks over there fighting is pathetic considering the game isn't even a pimple on a flees butt, yet they are going hard thinking somehow they are all going to make millions out of it.

Wake the f**k up.

Choo Choo

Juniors
Didn't see any of the tweets, but oddly enough didn't see Mr. Niu or Mr. Vassy at the 9's either. Glad to hear they are continuing their positive and supporting nature towards the USARL.

Seeing as how I WAS there coaching the Slayers, there were real teams, and we did play a tournament, unless I was hallucinating throughout the day. Also find it funny that the NZ Fencibles chose to go with the USARL as opposed to the AMNRL for this year's tour. Any thoughts there lads?

Anyway, hats off to all 12 teams that competed. IMHO it was a successful kickoff to the 2011 USARL season. Stay posted to twitter and youtube ladies and gents as the season gets underway this Saturday. You can always to go www.usarugbyleague.com for all updates on RL in the USA.

If you fancy the Slayers, we can be found on twitter, dcslayers; and facebook, washington dc slayers.

Cheers!
Danny

Not the most mature posting, but ...

Did anyone see the war of words on twitter in regards to the Phili 9's?
Marcus Vass was very vocal, and very immature.
Niu and co continued to put the AMNRL out there saying the AMNRL had "real teams".
And Druzik was caught in a war of words with another of Niu's side kicks.
The hostility isn't going to disappear it seams.

Oh well, maybe Dru can enlighten us on what happened, and the whether the 9's was a success, and the future for the USARL?

billy2

Juniors
I don't mind the two comps going hard at each other.

America is a huge market with plenty of room for all.

Two strong comps with a great rivalry - sounds good.

druzik

Juniors
Hi all,

Yes I was at the Philly 9s. It was a great day out, nice and warm and seemed to run well from where I was. So all the teams were there, but the Utah and OC had some players missing as their flight were cancelled due to weather. I spoke with several of them through the day, so they explained what happened. Some teams had extra players that gladly stepped in to help the new comers out.

Over all there were 10 full teams from everyone, it was great to see, the real surprise packets were Rhode Island and Oneida, the new Boston team, they fielded and played some outstanding RL and made the semis much to everyones surprise.

The NZ guys were outstanding in their skills, they really showed what flowing open Rugby league can be like in the 9s. but a great bunch of fellows, very friendly and funny. And their Haka was awesome.

As for what happened on twitter... I was being paid by RL Review to be there, the report on the day with results will be in the next issue... and then later on my website... but redstripe decided to have a pot shot at me for some reason.

We all know that in the past the teams that had problems and never fielded players are actually in the AMNRL at the moment so I think its a case of being throwing rocks at a glass floor. I am also wanting to go and cover the opening round of the AMNRL this weekend, but of course details are non existent and any enquiries, phone, text, twitter and email barely get any reply.

I am in Toronto at the moment, seeing a friend and also to interview some of the CRL guys, but I am in a limbo now because there are no details. Do I drive back to Philly for the triple header... do I attempt to go to Boston for the USARL double header opener? Or do I just cut my losses and do the 14 hour drive back to Illinois and take a couple days off before going back to work.

Redstripe on twitter for some reason decided to have a shot at me, none of the AMNRL guys were there so I don't know how they can make comments on it. The claims of "I want to see team rosters" also applies for the AMNRL, can I see team rosters for the weekend please? These have not been forthcoming yet... and well truth be told I don't really expect want them. As its a non issue. Its not the NRL and I know teams can struggle. But the games better happen because if I turn up and there is nothing then that is what will be going in my article to Terry back in Oz.

Just so everyone knows. I am keeping neutral in all this, I will report on AMNRL and USARL activities equally, I will also do my best to keep as informed as I can on things and the hows and whys. One group is open about their plans the other is not at the moment. Its a tough and frustrating situation not just for me and other media but also for international organisations and any fans out there of the game in the USA.

There is a lot out there, claims and counter claims, its difficult to sift through it all. But at some point things will have to come out one way or the other.

druzik

Juniors
I don't mind the two comps going hard at each other.

America is a huge market with plenty of room for all.

Two strong comps with a great rivalry - sounds good.

But that does not seem to be the situation at all at the moment.

Choo Choo

Juniors
Hi all,

Yes I was at the Philly 9s. It was a great day out, nice and warm and seemed to run well from where I was. So all the teams were there, but the Utah and OC had some players missing as their flight were cancelled due to weather. I spoke with several of them through the day, so they explained what happened. Some teams had extra players that gladly stepped in to help the new comers out.

Over all there were 10 full teams from everyone, it was great to see, the real surprise packets were Rhode Island and Oneida, the new Boston team, they fielded and played some outstanding RL and made the semis much to everyones surprise.

The NZ guys were outstanding in their skills, they really showed what flowing open Rugby league can be like in the 9s. but a great bunch of fellows, very friendly and funny. And their Haka was awesome.

As for what happened on twitter... I was being paid by RL Review to be there, the report on the day with results will be in the next issue... and then later on my website... but redstripe decided to have a pot shot at me for some reason.

We all know that in the past the teams that had problems and never fielded players are actually in the AMNRL at the moment so I think its a case of being throwing rocks at a glass floor. I am also wanting to go and cover the opening round of the AMNRL this weekend, but of course details are non existent and any enquiries, phone, text, twitter and email barely get any reply.

I am in Toronto at the moment, seeing a friend and also to interview some of the CRL guys, but I am in a limbo now because there are no details. Do I drive back to Philly for the triple header... do I attempt to go to Boston for the USARL double header opener? Or do I just cut my losses and do the 14 hour drive back to Illinois and take a couple days off before going back to work.

Redstripe on twitter for some reason decided to have a shot at me, none of the AMNRL guys were there so I don't know how they can make comments on it. The claims of "I want to see team rosters" also applies for the AMNRL, can I see team rosters for the weekend please? These have not been forthcoming yet... and well truth be told I don't really expect want them. As its a non issue. Its not the NRL and I know teams can struggle. But the games better happen because if I turn up and there is nothing then that is what will be going in my article to Terry back in Oz.

Just so everyone knows. I am keeping neutral in all this, I will report on AMNRL and USARL activities equally, I will also do my best to keep as informed as I can on things and the hows and whys. One group is open about their plans the other is not at the moment. Its a tough and frustrating situation not just for me and other media but also for international organisations and any fans out there of the game in the USA.

There is a lot out there, claims and counter claims, its difficult to sift through it all. But at some point things will have to come out one way or the other.

Thanks for the neutrality. We'd welcome having you in Boston on Saturday, note kickoffs are 7:30 and 9pm respectively. I will be posting our team selection on Friday.

druzik

Juniors
Thanks for the neutrality. We'd welcome having you in Boston on Saturday, note kickoffs are 7:30 and 9pm respectively. I will be posting our team selection on Friday.

We'll see, Terry wants me to be in Philly for the AMNRL... so that is the priority for me at the moment, but if it does not come off then I'll look where I am with things.

Evil Homer

Staff member
We'll see, Terry wants me to be in Philly for the AMNRL... so that is the priority for me at the moment, but if it does not come off then I'll look where I am with things.
If they aren't responding to your enquiries then f**k them, it's obvious that they don't want you there. IMO it's becoming more and more clear that AMNRL is a 'boys club' with no real interest in developing the game outside of personal glory. At this rate it will be dead within a couple of years.

druzik

Juniors
If they aren't responding to your enquiries then f**k them, it's obvious that they don't want you there. IMO it's becoming more and more clear that AMNRL is a 'boys club' with no real interest in developing the game outside of personal glory. At this rate it will be dead within a couple of years.

I am not in a position to make that kind of Call... I am getting paid to do a job and keep neutral, thus that is what I will do. Till thats situation changes I will do my best to bring both sides of the story.

Sharks game is scheduled for 11am Saturday morning. We were originally scheduled to be a part of the triple header but we had to move our game up do to one of the boys getting married later in the afternoon.

Message me if you want the details

Welcome to summer footy....bring your sunblock!

Choo Choo

Juniors
Sharks game is scheduled for 11am Saturday morning. We were originally scheduled to be a part of the triple header but we had to move our game up do to one of the boys getting married later in the afternoon.

Message me if you want the details

Welcome to summer footy....bring your sunblock!

Let's keep this to the topic at hand. Please move this discussion to another thread. Thanks.

Sharks Forever

Juniors
Hi all,

Yep, unfortunately for Utah, a number of our players, including our captain (traveling with the uniforms), had cancelled or delayed flights. Combination of Memorial Day and the weather. Thanks to the teams and local players who helped us out through the day, particularly DC Slayers who gave us a spare set of jerseys to use.

Aside from the results, was a good day all round, nice to meet players from the other teams. NZ were a great bunch, and well done to them on the victory. Their No. 13 was the star of the day.

Next year I am sure we will be a lot more prepared (on the field too). We are looking forward to playing Denver Wolverines in a home-and-away series on June 18 in Utah and July 9 in Denver.

Last edited:

druzik

Juniors
Yep, unfortunately for Utah, a number of our players, including our captain (traveling with the uniforms), had cancelled or delayed flights. Combination of Memorial Day and the weather. Thanks to the teams and local players who helped us out through the day, particularly DC Slayers who gave us a spare set of jerseys to use.

Aside from the results, was a good day all round, nice to meet players from the other teams. NZ were a great bunch, and well done to them on the victory. Their No. 13 was the star of the day.

Next year I am sure we will be a lot more prepared (on the field too). We are looking forward to playing Denver Wolverines in a home-and-away series on June 18 in Utah and July 9 in Denver.

Yeah, I know the Mid west storms were horrendous last week. I had two Tornado evacs last week as well.

I spoke to several of you that were there at the start, not sure if you were in that group.

The Denver game sounds great but unfortuantley I wont be in the USA so cant make it out, however I will be in Salt Lake city in november and love to catch up.

Last edited:

Latest posts