What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sleep

bazza

Immortal
Here are tips for getting babies to sleep - they might apply to adults:

1. Have a routine/signals for going to bed e.g. put on pyamas, read a book
2. Make sure the room is a good temperature (around 20 degrees) or have sufficient blankets for the room temperature
3. Make sure that you are not hungry - but not overly full/gassy
4. Take a comforter to bed - when you have the comforter this helps you get to sleep

11Straight

Juniors
Everyone will probably tell you otherwise, but ask your Doc for Temazepam. I use it when I have to travel, etc, and can't sleep well on the road. Just be careful you don't get addicted.
Valium?? do you reckon that shit really works?? I've been on it before and it has done jack shit.I personally struggle to get any more than 5 hours solid sleep at the max as i am a horribly light sleeper.It doesn't take much to wake me up!!! I can hear a mouse fart from a hundred yards i kid you not......

Fire

First Grade
Valium?? do you reckon that shit really works?? I've been on it before and it has done jack shit.I personally struggle to get any more than 5 hours solid sleep at the max as i am a horribly light sleeper.It doesn't take much to wake me up!!! I can hear a mouse fart from a hundred yards i kid you not......

It's not Valium, it's Temazepam. Same drug group though (benzos). It works faster than Valium (i.e., knocks you out instead of sedating you).

I don't use it often, only when I know I have to be switched on the next day and I'm rehearsing things in my head. I haven't got time for taking a warm bath, dark room, all that nonsense. I just pop a pill, lay down, sleep, and get to work on what I have to be switched on for the next day.

If you get only five hours sleep, this will knock you out for eight. Like I said though, don't get addicted, and don't take them every night, because they lose effectiveness.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Sleep is very important because if your not asleep then your generally awake and if your awake then your generally not sleeping

Fire

First Grade
What's cracking folks, just about to pop some Temaze's and call it a night...

...which got me thinking. I once went to a doc and he wouldn't give me any T's (instead I copped an ear full on the dangers of them). Anyways, he gave me something starting with the name Z. So I pop a few of these babies and I'm lying in a hotel room in freezing Melbourne, reading, waiting to go to bed. Next thing I know I start hallucinating. My suitcase started to dance around the room, my clothes started to dance around the room, and the curtains started to motion to me to get up and start dancing with them. Matter of fact it was a bloody good time!

Someone remind me to go back and see that Doc tomorrow and pick up some more of those pills, cheers.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Depending on how long ago you were prescribed this Z drug (which I assume it was. Z Drugs are a class of nonbenzo hypnotics) it was probably either Zolpidem or Zaleplon.

Because all hypnotics are open to abuse most doctors are advised to only prescribe them if the course will take no longer than about 4 weeks. 2 weeks in the case of some of the more powerful Benzos. So as Cliffhanger said earlier in the thread medicating isn't necessarily an answer. Although I guarantee that fast acting Benzodiazepines will put a person out. I have had to use them over the years for various reasons and they work a treat. Just so very addictive. Also there is less quality of sleep. Very good for tapering off other drugs especially alcohol tho.