What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloan

BLM01

First Grade
I am finding with Sloan lately (not sure it is just frustrating me) but he is taking the wrong option in attack in respect to not looking what is in front of him. Many times he chooses the wrong direction to run when a potential line break is on offer only to run at the defence. When we made that break in the first half he chose wrong option twice.
Maybe I am being harsh but even last week he was not around the ball enough

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I am finding with Sloan lately (not sure it is just frustrating me) but he is taking the wrong option in attack in respect to not looking what is in front of him. Many times he chooses the wrong direction to run when a potential line break is on offer only to run at the defence. When we made that break in the first half he chose wrong option twice.
Maybe I am being harsh but even last week he was not around the ball enough
Yeah when kflan made a break today eisenhuth was supporting but not sloan... bro come on

Crush

Coach
I'd mentioned elsewhere that I'm Hornby has a dartboard with Flanno's face on it... I think directly adjacent to it he has one of Crush lol
The guys obsessed, dredging up old posts of mine trying to find holes in arguments, FFS get a life.
I post it how I see it at the time.
And I post all the time win lose or draw.
Unlike He’s Hornby who only ever posts one message and only when we lose. Imagine that, if your team wins you don’t post, only get excited about a loss.
Miserable.

TheRev

First Grade
I honestly think a few weeks in reggies would help him get some mojo. He's overthinking everything he does, and still not committed on a lot of plays. You could see he was disappointed in some of his options yesterday.
There really is noone to replace him with bar maybe a matt feagai or a lomax switch.. Its a hard one cause those guys will bring better carries, but they don't bring speed..

Sloan when he played cup last time, looked the same as in 1st grade, only with more random grubbers thrown in. What he rly needs I think is to be told to do 20 carries in a game and make sure he breaks some tackles.. I just dunno if it's in him though.. He can try and use his fend a bit more (he is tall), that has worked once or twice.. Just has to time it so they can't grab his arm.

jay mac

Juniors
There really is noone to replace him with bar maybe a matt feagai or a lomax switch.. Its a hard one cause those guys will bring better carries, but they don't bring speed..

Sloan when he played cup last time, looked the same as in 1st grade, only with more random grubbers thrown in. What he rly needs I think is to be told to do 20 carries in a game and make sure he breaks some tackles.. I just dunno if it's in him though.. He can try and use his fend a bit more (he is tall), that has worked once or twice.. Just has to time it so they can't grab his arm.
Hard to disagree with this. Connor Tracey was a big miss in recruitment for this reason.

Parko1310

Juniors
The guys obsessed, dredging up old posts of mine trying to find holes in arguments, FFS get a life.
Unlike He’s Hornby who only ever posts one message and only when we lose. Imagine that, if your team wins you don’t post, only get excited about a loss.
Miserable.
Mate I'm not sure the bloke knows that opinions are flexible and open to change. At least for people with an open mind, critical and objective thinking ability that is. All opinion is essentially malleable. This cretin is either too stubborn to be capable of changing an opinion (so they've got to stick to it no matter what even if facts don't support the opinion), or they've got some genuine mental problem in which case you've got to feel bad for them really. Holding someone to an opinion they've expressed ages ago is absurd. That opinion may or may not have changed based on evidence that has either supported the earlier opinion or changed the opinion. At the end of the day, he's just an absolute loser (or just sick)

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Mate I'm not sure the bloke knows that opinions are flexible and open to change. At least for people with an open mind, critical and objective thinking ability that is. All opinion is essentially malleable. This cretin is either too stubborn to be capable of changing an opinion (so they've got to stick to it no matter what even if facts don't support the opinion), or they've got some genuine mental problem in which case you've got to feel bad for them really. Holding someone to an opinion they've expressed ages ago is absurd. That opinion may or may not have changed based on evidence that has either supported the earlier opinion or changed the opinion. At the end of the day, he's just an absolute loser (or just sick)
How good was that Eisenhuth ruck control yesterday champion? Giving away six agains and ruck penalties, just pure outstanding 😍

Miserable.
I've said it before - Just ignore the turd
Seriously, when you go to the pub, you avoid the F$%K wit, you don't sit next to him. Why give this moron your time

You don't miss anything - his posts are pretty much identical CODSWALLUP, but you can read them if you wish. He can't respond to you directly - Piss him off - IGNORE!

I've just ignored 1 more poster that gushes every time time 'I'm Hornby' posts. Like a puppy wagging his tail after he's just pissed on your carpet.

Another mental midget!

Crush

Coach
I've said it before - Just ignore the turd
Seriously, when you go to the pub, you avoid the F$%K wit, you don't sit next to him. Why give this moron your time

You don't miss anything - his posts are pretty much identical CODSWALLUP, but you can read them if you wish. He can't respond to you directly - Piss him off - IGNORE!

I've just ignored 1 more poster that gushes every time time 'I'm Hornby' posts. Like a puppy wagging his tail after he's just pissed on your carpet.

Another mental midget!
You’re right mate, good analogy about the pub, so true.
Hitting ignore for both these blokes now.
Cheers bud.

Illusion

Bench
I can cop his defense if he actually broke tackles in attack.. so much broken play tonight, and he gets touched and falls over.. hate it so much.
The kid needs to get aggressive needs Mongrel ........ He has had a couple of years now and is just not doing it for me ....... Is he progressing yes but very slowly ........ If you look at the Souths young fullback (Jye Gray) , first game in top grade aggressive ran hard scored a try set up a try ....... When I look at other young fullbacks getting game time here and there they seem to be doing well for a short time they have had .......

since77

Juniors
The kid needs to get aggressive needs Mongrel ........ He has had a couple of years now and is just not doing it for me ....... Is he progressing yes but very slowly ........ If you look at the Souths young fullback (Jye Gray) , first game in top grade aggressive ran hard scored a try set up a try ....... When I look at other young fullbacks getting game time here and there they seem to be doing well for a short time they have had .......
Completely understand what you're saying but don't forget that in a weird way players like Gray had a huge advantage in development over Sloan. The crop coming through now had time to play against men in lower grades. Due to COVID Sloan went straight from kids footy to NRL and his development / mistakes / learning is on display to everyone on TV every week. Sometimes brutally so.
Not defending him but its easy to overlook just how much development playing against men Sloan missed out on.
In an ideal world he would have probably been eased into first grade for the first time this year. Instead we've literally got a kid learning on the job. Again not defending his flaws but he's had some roadblocks.

Illusion

Bench
Completely understand what you're saying but don't forget that in a weird way players like Gray had a huge advantage in development over Sloan. The crop coming through now had time to play against men in lower grades. Due to COVID Sloan went straight from kids footy to NRL and his development / mistakes / learning is on display to everyone on TV every week. Sometimes brutally so.
Not defending him but its easy to overlook just how much development playing against men Sloan missed out on.
In an ideal world he would have probably been eased into first grade for the first time this year. Instead we've literally got a kid learning on the job. Again not defending his flaws but he's had some roadblocks.
I understand and hear you , not saying he won't make it , but needs to really toughen up and get some aggression in his defense and attack ......... This is what's holding him back , may take some time for him to realize , and that could be his downfall ........ I hope he makes it for us and goes on to plays fullback for a long time ........

Lennyb

Juniors
I think he believes he is better than he is.

Understandable, but he needs a wake up call.

How he takes that wake up call will be interesting and will not stop the Dragons.

TheRev

First Grade
If he has 1 good run, this whole conversation will be reset all over again "i told you so", but there is really noone to take his jersey so he has atleast this year to keep working on his game..

I dont really see anyone competing for his spot in 2025 either mind you, unless we get Talagi.

Latest posts