What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloan

Illusion

Bench
If he has 1 good run, this whole conversation will be reset all over again "i told you so", but there is really noone to take his jersey so he has atleast this year to keep working on his game..

I dont really see anyone competing for his spot in 2025 either mind you, unless we get Talagi.
He is Lucky and so are others , that Cory Allen got injured before the season started , as he would have been capable of slotting into a couple of positions in the backline ........

since77

Juniors
I understand and hear you , not saying he won't make it , but needs to really toughen up and get some aggression in his defense and attack ......... This is what's holding him back , may take some time for him to realize , and that could be his downfall ........ I hope he makes it for us and goes on to plays fullback for a long time ........
I have to say that I get my doubts about him too every time he has a brain fade. I hope for his sake and ours that this is the last season we need to talk about his flaws and that he starts to kill it both sides of the ball. I hope that over the off season Flanno gets to do what he wanted to do to him last preseason.

justadragon

Bench
Sloan should a full replay of the Storm v Dolphins match and keep an eye on Papenhuyzen...there was one play where he made a tackle 10m out from the Storm tryline...in a flash he was up and sprinting to the other side of the field to follow the ball where play was heading...this is what Sloan needs to do..full effort
The little fella Fuller had a pretty good game as well. Sloan has to show more starting from this week.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm just watching Hull v. Warrington and Dufty seems to have gone backwards. Online goal defence is non existent and offering no backup in attack.

Btw- looks like Vaughan is spending more time on the Costa Del Sol than at training.
Well I suppose it is like a holiday to some of our players going to Super League. I don't blame them. But back on Dufty, he has always been hot and cold and his chances of being in the Barba mould is probably poor judgement by me. Barba was a gifted player no doubt and he showed that by helping the Sharks make the grand final and winning it and he excelled in the UK. He just was a bit of a loose cannon in general.

Bin Chicken

Juniors
Sloan should a full replay of the Storm v Dolphins match and keep an eye on Papenhuyzen...there was one play where he made a tackle 10m out from the Storm tryline...in a flash he was up and sprinting to the other side of the field to follow the ball where play was heading...this is what Sloan needs to do..full effort
Then watch the SG Ball grand final and a few Flegg games so he knows just how fast the in house competition is taking over. He has maxed out on where his limit is . Game awareness especially defence is horrible although improved and all he has is speed . At this point he is our Weakest link

TheRev

First Grade
Then watch the SG Ball grand final and a few Flegg games so he knows just how fast the in house competition is taking over. He has maxed out on where his limit is . Game awareness especially defence is horrible although improved and all he has is speed . At this point he is our Weakest link
We would be a 30% better team if we had a fullback breaking tackles from the back.. it feels like we are attacking on 1 leg at times.. and that extra weapon means we get more breaks and confidence to deal with the defensive side.

Fans just need to see it a few times before they will understand, it was the same with Ramsey... they hated his guts for robbing Sloan of his jersey.. but Id be shocked if Allan is going to threaten and BRumble, TPH etc are just so far away from 1st grade yet.

justadragon

Bench
I'm just watching Hull v. Warrington and Dufty seems to have gone backwards. Online goal defence is non existent and offering no backup in attack.

Btw- looks like Vaughan is spending more time on the Costa Del Sol than at training.
I suppose Dufty has really bought into the " no need for defence in SL" suits him down to a tee.

Bin Chicken

Juniors
We would be a 30% better team if we had a fullback breaking tackles from the back.. it feels like we are attacking on 1 leg at times.. and that extra weapon means we get more breaks and confidence to deal with the defensive side.

Fans just need to see it a few times before they will understand, it was the same with Ramsey... they hated his guts for robbing Sloan of his jersey.. but Id be shocked if Allan is going to threaten and BRumble, TPH etc are just so far away from 1st grade yet.
It’s been three years of the same Sloan failures . I honestly believe he is having a red hot go but has reached his capacity . We will get the odd miracle play but it’s like if he makes a tackle he gets a high five . He is our biggest weakness . Allen was going to start at FB in trials . Ramsey was / is 10 times the player Sloan is . I think we would be better drip feeding other contenders now .