What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloan

Dragon David

First Grade
Latrell Mitchell had some embarrassing moments in the game on Saturday night. Swatting at the ball and conceding one try to Jack De Belin while the earlier one was a close call. If that was Sloan the fingers would have been pointing long and hard at him so even the "best" have their moments of being inglorious. It wasn't Glory, Glory to South Sydney on Saturday night thank you very much.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
He needs to do a few games back in. Park footy. Learn how to tackle learn how to read play - in the slower motion of second grade.
He needs to know there is more to a game of rugby league then being out in the clear and scoring tries with the line wide open.
Unless that is the case he appears to not have much of a clue.
Maybe he should be an Olympic runner.
He’s a quick bugger - he might win a gold medal.

He needs to do a few games back in. Park footy. Learn how to tackle learn how to read play - in the slower motion of second grade.
He needs to know there is more to a game of rugby league then being out in the clear and scoring tries with the line wide open.
Unless that is the case he appears to not have much of a clue.
Maybe he should be an Olympic runner.
He’s a quick bugger - he might win a gold medal.
Once you've had Sloan's experience in first grade you don't learn jack shit in "The slower motion of second grade". I don't know where you get the idea he hasn't got a clue either?
He is showing every sign of becoming a modern great
Not sure what I am missing or whether it's you that's doing the missing. Crazy post! IMO.

RedVee

First Grade
I dont know if I feel totally comfortable with 2 years, if he keeps on improving at the rate he is then we'll have every man and his dog chasing him, not to mention if a new team happens to enter the comp, we would want to hope for a lot of that Dragons loyalty.
I guess they hope that the next contract will be for much more money / year. But didn’t want to write that into this offer in case he doesn’t develop like we want

Despite being devasted with the Cody Ramsay situation, I have always been a Sloan fan. There is just something about his character, his willingness to listen, learn, and commit to improvement that tells me he is a RED v legend in the making.

I like a 2 year deal for both the club and Sloan.

The club has bought another 18 months to assess his growth and improvement. There is nothing to stop a contract upgrade or extension if/when he excels. The coach now can show his value developing Sloan and, when it comes to negotiations, the club should be in the box seat. (see below)

For Sloan it's an opportunity to prove to the doubters and also be the best man he can for his Nan, the community and for his indigenous roots. He has a manager that can ensure Dragons are aware of Sloan's market value. Even so, I believe Sloan will never force Dragon's to pay overs. In fact I think Sloan would accept a fair value to stay put at the Dragons, in the locality he loves, on a much longer deal in the future..

It's a win win as far as I can see.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Despite being devasted with the Cody Ramsay situation, I have always been a Sloan fan. There is just something about his character, his willingness to listen, learn, and commit to improvement that tells me he is a RED v legend in the making.

I like a 2 year deal for both the club and Sloan.

The club has bought another 18 months to assess his growth and improvement. There is nothing to stop a contract upgrade or extension if/when he excels.

For Sloan it's an opportunity to prove to the doubters and also be the best man he can for his Nan, the community and for his indigenous roots. He has a manager that can ensure Dragons are aware of Sloan's market value. Even so, I believe Sloan will never force Dragon's to pay overs. In fact I think Sloan would accept a fair value to stay put at the Dragons, in the locality he loves, on a much longer deal in the future..

It's a win win as far as I can see.
Fully agree with your opinions H of D.

Just adding that it is good to see that Cody Ramsey is out and about doing promotions etc. He looks quite healthy actually so I'm hoping that he is recovering and getting in some fitness programme.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I do hope we get Blaize though, I think he would be our #1 if we could snag him.. not sure we will be able to though, I think Guthos knees have changed the parra landcsape.
The signing of Lomax may cost the Eels Blaize I hope. If Flanno had that in mind to swap the 2, then well played Flanno. Love your work. Serves them right for talking to him last year. Maybe their form has dropped because there are a few with their noses out of joint since the announcement of Zac.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Fully agree with your opinions H of D.

Just adding that it is good to see that Cody Ramsey is out and about doing promotions etc. He looks quite healthy actually so I'm hoping that he is recovering and getting in some fitness programme.

Looking much better Cody. Really happy to see this

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Clearly. And clearly you look through rose covered glasses.
He needs to go back to 2nd grade to reclaim his feet.
Again learn how to read (foresee) the play.
He need confidence to enable his decision making process to be immediate.
How many times has he backed off when a high ball heads his way?
My experience- it would do him the world of good.

A good example- Sam Walker. He cleaned us up on ANZAC day. Ask Robbo.

Sloan needs to accelerate his self improvement immediately. He need confidence in his body contact action. He can’t tackle. - at all.

He wants Fullback money but will more often than not hand the ball off and let someone else hit the line.

Remember- if it wasn’t for a series of unfortunate events beset on Cody Ramsey he wouldn’t even wear the St. George Illawarra jersey.

I stand by my remarks as a Dragons patriot who at 60 has seen all of Saints rises and falls.