What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Eels tell Vella he can go to Hull - but only if they get their new man

Stagger eel

Staff member
douglasallen91 said:
tonga would be a good bet (not to be mixed with a good player)

craig smith may come out of retirement!

the player that we're talking to is still under contract with his club...

eelavation said:
the player that we're talking to is still under contract with his club...

the anti tampering deadlines haven't come off yet!

and wasn't tonga still on contract with the roosters for next year. now that the english contract is null and void will the roosters one still be counted.

Stagger eel

Staff member
douglasallen91 said:
the anti tampering deadlines haven't come off yet!

and wasn't tonga still on contract with the roosters for next year. now that the english contract is null and void will the roosters one still be counted.

what anti tampering deadline??? and it's not anti tampering unless the club he is contracted to is aware of it ;-)

I'll say it again...the player we are talking to is still under contract...

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
eela....you seem to have an idea of who it is.....are you pleased we are in negotiations with him or is he coming just for depth?

eelavation said:
what anti tampering deadline??? and it's not anti tampering unless the club he is contracted to is aware of it ;-)

I'll say it again...the player we are talking to is still under contract...

????????????????
anti tampering ie you can't talk before june 30 (it doesn't come off until 1 january 2007)

how can you be talking to a player if hes still under contract.

strider

Post Whore
douglasallen91 said:
????????????????
anti tampering ie you can't talk before june 30 (it doesn't come off until 1 january 2007)

maybe his current club is ok with it :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
douglasallen91 said:
????????????????

how did Brett Finch sign with Parra when he was still under contract with the Roosters?? How did Rangi Chase sign with St George when he was still contracted to the Tigers??

generally it happens when the player is allowed or has been given permission to negotiate with another club...it's only been happening for years.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Prodigal Eel said:
eela....you seem to have an idea of who it is.....are you pleased we are in negotiations with him or is he coming just for depth?

the only thing I know is that he'll be a replacement for Micky V, if Micky decides to hang around, the deal won't be happening...in fact i don't even know if there will be a deal even Mick leaves, we'll see what happens i guess.

but as mentioned in the SMH yesterday we're definitely talking to someone.

Stagger eel

Staff member
tbh, i don't know who it is but I am aware that he's still under contract, I wouldn't imagine it would be Lance Thompson either.

Latest posts