What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Eels tell Vella he can go to Hull - but only if they get their new man

cardinal

Juniors
I believe we might be after Charlie Tonga, he was going to England but it fell through and the roosters have not signed him from what I heard, if we can get him fit he might be ok.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The Colonel said:
Well Ronny from what I can gather from the Ryude Eastwood site he was named to play in and played in at least ten games during the regular season (taking into account I can't find all team lists)

10 + 12 = 22 plus two byes = 24 games. Included as part of that is the fact that he was eligible for the PL finals so he would have had to played during the last five weeks.

How long was he out for again?

You got me there, the problem is he was injured at the start of the year..then maybe he wasn't fit enough to be in firsts due to over coming an injury, understand what i mean?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Bazal said:
I'd be looking at Newcastle and Roosters players as the most likely to be honest. The way I see it, there must be some Knights players keen to stick with Hagan, and there must be some Roosters players pissed off that the coach they signed on to play under has gone and been replaced by Chris Anderson. Now, other than that piece of logic, this is pure speculation so take it as such, but I'd be looking at perhaps David Shillington, Shane Shackleton, Josh Perry, Adam Woolnough or (more likely) some Knights and Roosters junior props...just a thought...

You reckon teh Roosters would just release Shillington and Shacks for a 31 year old Beattie to Parramatta.

Wishful thinking, even though i'd love to have both.

not to mention, why would we sign a Knights player now but not earlier on?, from what i've heard B S has a big rap on Woolnough and Perry.

Paul Gallen=Parramatta
Anthoney Topou=Sharks

The Colonel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
You got me there, the problem is he was injured at the start of the year..then maybe he wasn't fit enough to be in firsts due to over coming an injury, understand what i mean?

Well by the end of the season Ronnie he was a PL regular which suggest to me that he wasn't up to scractch in firsts. I know O'Hara didn't have a great year but it was obviously better than Keith.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Both were as bad as one another Colonel, the whole tigers side didn't play well all year, and hasn't O'Hara played Origin?.

At the Sharks he looked th egoods, i'm willing he can turn it around.

The Colonel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
Both were as bad as one another Colonel, the whole tigers side didn't play well all year, and hasn't O'Hara played Origin?.

At the Sharks he looked th egoods, i'm willing he can turn it around.

One game doesn't really make him an Origin player. I thionk it was more through good luck than anything.

We'll agree to disagree Ronny. I don't think he's worth the hype.....

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I've been doing some thinking, here's who i think it may be:

Ben cwizloski ( please no, the guy is terrible)
Kurt Reyonldson ( i'd ok with that)
Carl Webb( love it, but highly doubtful
Shane Tronc ( see above)
Galloway ( I'd be happy)
O'Hara ( see above)
Woolnough and Perry ( " ")
brent Kite( i'd be happy, wasn't he thinking about England?)
Jason King ( Maybe)
Paul Gallen ( love it)
Frank Puletura ( no thanks)
Dane Carlaw ( yes please)
Ash Simms ( yes please)

There just some i could think off

strider

Post Whore
hehehe .... i don't think we'll be replacing micky with a current aussie rep player under contract to max "I can help u out on the side" delmage ... and simms was resigned by the drags

i'm wondering if charlie tonga might be on the money??? (fui was probably considered fat and useless by many a few years back too - but that changed)

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Darren Mapp might fit the bill of being at another NRL club and maybe being interested in ESL, but I'd much prefer to hang onto Vella.

D

Deleted member 10972

A player who's contract is not wrapped up is Jaiman Lowe.