What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Eels tell Vella he can go to Hull - but only if they get their new man

The Colonel

Immortal
eloquentEEL said:
Darren Mapp might fit the bill of being at another NRL club and maybe being interested in ESL, but I'd much prefer to hang onto Vella.

He has already headed overseas, released by Cronulla. Absolute waste of time that bloke...

I hear from a mate in England that they are reporting that Iafeta Paleaaesina is unhappy in the ESL and is looking to return to the NRL.

Linked backed to the Warriors but could this be our man?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tonga would be awesome to have. At least he goes forward...None of that backwards sh*t some of our forwards do.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It seems unlikely we'd be willing to release a prop to sign a lock forward...Or maybe that's exactly what Hagan would do...Who knows?

stuke

Bench
at the moment we have plenty of young talented juniors coming through the ranks. we do appear light on for experience and leadership, particularly in the forwards.

i can understand the idea of letting Vella go, especially financially for him (much in the vain of M. Gidley at Knights), but we must replace him with some experience to help the new blood come through without being rushed.

none of the guys that we seem to be viable options would help the cause. they are either 'promising' players or do not have the experience that Vella offers.

we have already let Morrison go under similiar circumstances without fully replacing him, lets not allow Vella to go unless we can sign a viable alternative.

ParraAds

Juniors
Carlaw...Williams....Mapp...Brideson..LOL

Yeah I'd much rather see one of these blokes running around in a blue and gold jersey than Vella. :sarcasm:

Fair Dinkum... Considering the blokes that Hagan rated as props at Newcastle it doesnt seem entirely unreasonable that he would pick up some more of a similiar standard.

D

Deleted member 10972

Twizzle said:
no thanks

too fat and slow

Tonga isn't slow at all. He has a tremendous burst of spped. It's his lateral defence that is a worry, but he has improved that greatly. Watch Round 26 v Dragons. He was defending stoutly from marker & in the line, hitting hard & clean, made lots of metres, lots of hitups, plenty of gametime. Just needs oppurtunity, much like Tookey when he got it at Warriors.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Avenger said:
Let Vella go. He is way past it.

he is past his best, but handy for depth if we have injuries

no point in replacing him with a nuffie, we'd be better keeping him

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Might as well throw in Woolnough's name into the mix, he is about the same calibre of player as Vella.

Bit younger though and seeing as he is from newcastle, as with Hages, it wouldnt surprise me really..