What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Great Britain? Sorry, Brian, your lot are average at best

deluded pom?

Coach
ShadesOfTheSun said:
It helps Gould's argument more than yours that the sole example you're able to come up with in refutation of his argument occured more than 14 years ago.

Not really . It says that Gould can't even be magnanimous in defeat , even when those defeats are few and far between . Gould is a Pom hater , simple as . He doesn't like to let us enjoy our moment in the sun without whining that we only won because the ref was biased and played to the crowd . I can't believe they have this guy on national tv decrying the efforts of fellow professionals and the international game in general .

adamkungl

Immortal
Regardless of whether you like Gould or not, the fact remains that the British competition lacks the intensity of ours, and until this changes international League is gonna stay the same. By pointing it out Gould isn't damaging it. If GB were a truly competetive team then Tests would be more like State of Origin. That would be the ideal level of competition in the future.

deluded pom?

Coach
That's true Adam but can we at least have the inquest AFTER the Australia v G.B. matches rather than before them ?

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
Phil Gould was commenting on the cricket ??

And the point is what I mentioned before.. he didn't say "On the basis of that game, I'd pick Carney and Gleeson." He's actually rated 13 players with some degree of individual ability. He's faulting the entire system of poor coaches who instill poor habits and coach poor tactics.

Close ?? GB will be lucky to get within 30.

This might explain why everyone loses to Australia.

NZ fans got all excited about kidwell concussing Mason.. depsite being on the losing end of a 30-12 scoreline.

You lot then banter one about belting the Kiwis despite losing.

RL isn't about how much pain you inflict, it's about the scoreboard.

And Lockyer, and Hornby and Gasnier, Hodges, Hunt, King. Anyone wearing a green jersey will trouble GB.

Very few of the GB team would make a top 8 side.

Mate if you were allowed to spend your pocket money on gambling id have a big wager (thats more than a dollar) that it will be very close, but alas your a child as your responses show.

1) Phil Gould is twat who was bullied at school...anyone who agrees and defends his rantings were either bullied or, like you are currently experiencing school bullying....

2)Most of the coaches in SL are now Aussie..so dont knock your own boys, theyre doing their best...i readily acknowledged that the NRL is faster and more skillful but GBs best plus a number of others would succeed in the NRL. IF you take out foreign imports then you have approx 40%-50% of SL that wouldnt make the grade. But I think all the GB 13 would make top 8. Since top 8 changes every year in Aus its difficult to know who that might be if and when more brits do play there. In SL the top teams are there every year (wigan excepted) so we dont have the strength in depth. Which is a problem.

3) I cant wait to laugh at your prediction...no why wait :lol:

4)Who wouldnt get excited about Mason getting concussed...hes yet another big, very ugly, talented Aussie sportsman who is a complete arsewipe of a human being....

5) I acknowledged its not about the pain by saying that I thought the superior skill and speed of Aus would nick it....and yes your actually correct...Aus have a number of exciting players...Im a fan of Gasnier and King is full of ability...but dont you just know it..hes got that Willie Mason wank Fro goin on...so you know the guy has similar serious problems...what is it about Aussies and offensive looks?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
deluded pom? said:
Not really . It says that Gould can't even be magnanimous in defeat , even when those defeats are few and far between . Gould is a Pom hater , simple as . He doesn't like to let us enjoy our moment in the sun without whining that we only won because the ref was biased and played to the crowd . I can't believe they have this guy on national tv decrying the efforts of fellow professionals and the international game in general .
Gould is just using his position to drum up some interest in the series and hopefully fire-up the Lions at the same time. He does this kind of stuff all the time, talking sh*t to try and improve the amount of footy in the media. I've got to say he's pretty good at it.

nqboy

First Grade
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
Mate if you were allowed to spend your pocket money on gambling id have a big wager (thats more than a dollar) that it will be very close, but alas your a child as your responses show.

1) Phil Gould is twat who was bullied at school...anyone who agrees and defends his rantings were either bullied or, like you are currently experiencing school bullying....

2)Most of the coaches in SL are now Aussie..so dont knock your own boys, theyre doing their best...i readily acknowledged that the NRL is faster and more skillful but GBs best plus a number of others would succeed in the NRL. IF you take out foreign imports then you have approx 40%-50% of SL that wouldnt make the grade. But I think all the GB 13 would make top 8. Since top 8 changes every year in Aus its difficult to know who that might be if and when more brits do play there. In SL the top teams are there every year (wigan excepted) so we dont have the strength in depth. Which is a problem.

3) I cant wait to laugh at your prediction...no why wait :lol:

4)Who wouldnt get excited about Mason getting concussed...hes yet another big, very ugly, talented Aussie sportsman who is a complete arsewipe of a human being....

5) I acknowledged its not about the pain by saying that I thought the superior skill and speed of Aus would nick it....and yes your actually correct...Aus have a number of exciting players...Im a fan of Gasnier and King is full of ability...but dont you just know it..hes got that Willie Mason wank Fro goin on...so you know the guy has similar serious problems...what is it about Aussies and offensive looks?
This is one to bookmark for Sunday.

deluded pom?

Coach
Lockyer4President! said:
Gould is just using his position to drum up some interest in the series and hopefully fire-up the Lions at the same time. He does this kind of stuff all the time, talking sh*t to try and improve the amount of footy in the media. I've got to say he's pretty good at it.

Talking $hit or drumming up interest ?

The Clan

Juniors
Phil Gould is a sanctimonious Pr!c* who obviously has a major problem with the English.

I can only think that he has been traumatized at some time in his life by stories of how his great grandfather was treated by the British judiciary system.
Maybe his wife or mother was sleeping with an English League player and Phily boy has never come to terms with his own inadequacy.

Or maybe Phil himself has had a sexual advance rebuffed by an English player who had become the subject of Phils affection, as they say Hell hath no fury like an Ausie Puffta scorned!

I do sometimes agree with the tainted views of the so called League expert but then again a broken clock is right at least twice a day, as they say

macavity

Referee
PRIDEOFLIONS said:

hes got that Willie Mason wank Fro goin on...so you know the guy has similar serious problems...what is it about Aussies and offensive looks?

he speaks very highly of you.... :roll: