What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Grothe in Origin frame

sportsmad

Juniors
typical of lyon, doesn't wanna be part of a team that get's beat 3-0 so pull's a heartstring.
anyone else see a pattern emerging? :shock:

sorry didn't want to turn this into a Judas bashing thread, but if the cap fits.....

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm more than happy with that Hazam got a jersey, unlike the dick he's replacing atleast the bloke earnt it..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Way to go selector's, blood a young fresh faced 31 yr old in a dead rubber :roll: Mind you i will be cheering for Hazem, unlike the turd he is replacing.

Suitman

Post Whore
Any clown could tell you that if Hasem couldn't kick goals, he wouldn't be in the side.
He is NOT the form winger in the comp and is only there for one reason.
Same thing happened to Eric's dad once. Ross Conlon was selected ahead of him only for his goal kicking in a test vs Gt Britain, even though he was useless as a player.
It is quite unusual at this level not to have a second kicker in the team, thus allowing the selectors to pick the best possible players.
Eric can consider himself very unlucky.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
it'll be sooooo important that we have el masri in the side when we score that try in the closing stages whilst trailing by 30 pts :thumn

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
Any clown could tell you that if Hasem couldn't kick goals, he wouldn't be in the side.
He is NOT the form winger in the comp and is only there for one reason.
Same thing happened to Eric's dad once. Ross Conlon was selected ahead of him only for his goal kicking in a test vs Gt Britain, even though he was useless as a player.
It is quite unusual at this level not to have a second kicker in the team, thus allowing the selectors to pick the best possible players.
Eric can consider himself very unlucky.

Suity

they'd be plenty who'd argue that he is actually in form and deserves his spot, infact if anything it's his goal kicking that's suffered with form resently not what he does on the form.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
they'd be plenty who'd argue that he is actually in form and deserves his spot, infact if anything it's his goal kicking that's suffered with form resently not what he does on the form.

Yeh, and they'd all be Bulldogs fans.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
strider said:
it'll be sooooo important that we have el masri in the side when we score that try in the closing stages whilst trailing by 30 pts :thumn

:lol: :lol:

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
well, isn't it obvious that Parra fans would prefer Guru to Haz in the team??

It was obvious to far more than just Eels fans.
Did you read the papers yesterday?

Suity

Grail

Juniors
I'm actually glad that Grothe hasn't been picked for this game. If there's one thing I fear with Grothe in SOO it's his ability to back up for the Eels. Saying that though, I'm hoping that this doesn't knock his confidence, but fires him up instead and he just runs over the Knights on Monday.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
It was obvious to far more than just Eels fans.
Did you read the papers yesterday?

Suity

to me, what matters most is not what the papers say but what the selectors say tbh...

I would of been happy with either, even more happy than one of them replaced a bloke who got an armchair ride into team.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
i am really pissed off because i made hazim my goalkicker in the fantasy league, he would have ripped plenty against the chooks, and now he's not available...boooo!

but well done to hazim, very well deserved.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
to me, what matters most is not what the papers say but what the selectors say tbh...

I would of been happy with either, even more happy than one of them replaced a bloke who got an armchair ride into team.

Eela.

1. Going into this game, who had the better form on the board?
2. The series is over, why pick a 31 y.o. who may never play Origin again?
3. Why pick a player who has never played Origin, over someone with several games experience?
4. Grothe or El Masri out of dummy half from out own line. Size and strength. Who would you prefer?

It is plainly obvious that they have gone for a goal kicker and a goal kicker only.

And in one breath you say that you are more concerned about what the selectors think rather than what the papers say, and yet you confirm that a player got an armchair ride into the team by those very same selectors.
Make up your mind.

Suity

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Suitman said:
It is plainly obvious that they have gone for a goal kicker and a goal kicker only.

and from the wisdom of captain obvious, i would suggest that in a tight origin games where there is no more than a few points that separate the teams, that a good goal kicker could mean the difference between winning and putting up with belly's crap for another 12 months.

Suitman

Post Whore
Tyler Durden said:
and from the wisdom of captain obvious, i would suggest that in a tight origin games where there is no more than a few points that separate the teams, that a good goal kicker could mean the difference between winning and putting up with belly's crap for another 12 months.

Completely understand that logic, but a 31 y.o. who more than like won't ever play another game?
This selection smacks of tokenism.

FFS??

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
You gotta score tries and stop them for a good goal kicker to have an effect on the game. Who would you rather have attacking against Inglis? Who would you rather have marking Inglis? Who is the more likely to run 100m and score, or bump over three blokes for a try when we need something special. Answer to all; Eric Grothe

Tyler Durden

Juniors
where's this question :who would you rather taking a shot from the sideline in the dying seconds with the scores tied ?

hazim will be able to handle inglis. his defence has never been a target in the nrl games.
if inglis gets the better of hazim, chances are that those inside hazim were already beaten.