What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH Late Mail - Grothe out tonight

emjaycee

Coach
<UPtheEELS> said:
I'll still be behind em' 100%.

Only 100% UTE? :D

I said to my wife last week that there was no way I was watching another game even on TV until they started catching the ball and playing like a team - her comment "yeah sure, you say that every year."

This time I meant it until I realised at 5.30am today that I havent wired the video properly to record tonights game (we are out) and she caught me staggering around in the loungeroom re-wiring the whole entertainment unit.

I'll still be behind em' 110% :crazy:

Utey

Coach
Ahhhh we need a win!

I had the same sort of fiasco this morning as well with the new DVD recorder! I know your pain!

Gronk

Staff member
Joel Reddy. :crazy: That guy is as exciting as 24hrs of Oprah re-runs. Yet another example that a good PL player does not equal a good NRL player.

Stagger eel

Staff member
emjaycee said:
UTE, if the Telegraph is anything to go by, you are going to be not f**ken happy, disappointed and pissed off. Reddy in, Mateo off the bench and Lowrie in #17.

I wouldn't take it as gospal yet.

Stagger eel

Staff member
emjaycee said:
That's a BIG call - do you really think that Hages is picking teams based on family connections with the club?

anyone who believes that should consult the tooth ferry..we've clutched at some straws in the past week but this is ridiculous.

Gronk,

Joel Reddy was hopeless on the wing in PL in the few games that he played in that position. He was always at Fullback and he went good in that posy. I don't know why hagan is picking him on the Wing.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wait, wait, wait...

A fullback in for the most damaging winger in the game? Mateo gone? And Lowrie coming off the bench in his place?

FMD....I've heard of playing favourites, but this is ridiculous....

eel01s

Bench
Jake the snake said:
Gronk,

Joel Reddy was hopeless on the wing in PL in the few games that he played in that position. He was always at Fullback and he went good in that posy. I don't know why hagan is picking him on the Wing.

100% correct. I think Joel is a solid player, but only as a fullback. Why he is being picked on the wing, I don't know, but Hagan obviously rates him.

Remember when Grothe was injured in the trial match and it was reported he should be right for round one? Well, three weeks in and it still isn't right. Hope he's back next week and stays healthy.

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
Wait, wait, wait...

A fullback in for the most damaging winger in the game? Mateo gone? And Lowrie coming off the bench in his place?

FMD....I've heard of playing favourites, but this is ridiculous....

Wait and see who runs out tonight. I've a feeling that it won't be as doom and gloom as you suggest.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eel01s said:
100% correct. I think Joel is a solid player, but only as a fullback. Why he is being picked on the wing, I don't know, but Hagan obviously rates him.

Remember when Grothe was injured in the trial match and it was reported he should be right for round one? Well, three weeks in and it still isn't right. Hope he's back next week and stays healthy.

mate, i don't think it was ever reported that he'd be right for round 1..but he was apparently hopeful, there's a bit of a difference.

Ant

Juniors
I really don't think Reddy has been that bad.

I will say it again some of you are blinded by pre-meditated opinions not actually based on performances. Reddy has not been our worst winger this year. Hayne has been much worse than him.

Lowrie has not been our worst forward, in fact he has done some good things.

Mateo showed plenty of promise the other day, he also lost the ball twice when we were attacking. With the score 18-6 he lost the ball 2nd tackle on attack, then at the other end did the weakest of tackles to let Faalago score. I use the word solid and I know many of the fans on here don't like that we pick solid player, but until mateo can rid his game of these lapses he cannot command a first grade spot.

In 2 games we are ready to discard Reddy. True he hasn't been amazing, but he has tried and I would give him another go. And the comments that Reddy is a better fullback, well its probably true, but the comments may ring true for Inu. The one game I saw Inu on the wing, the premier league final he was terrible.

Its easy to be on a bandwagon, but often those on it don't take into account every action.

Surely a guy like reddy who has played a lot of good footy in lower grades and played some solid footy in first grade in previous years deserves a chance to try and get a first grade spot.

And Mateo, well for mine I read a lot into that small knock he got on the head. There was not much in that and when he got up he was fine. But he stayed down leaving us a man short. He needs to become stronger mentally before he plays first grade, because at the moment I think he truley is more likely to lose us the game than win it. He has great attacking ability, but he must know when to use it and back it up with solid defence.

Eelectrifying

Juniors
Put Burt on one side, Inu on the other and Hayne at fullback. Hayne would be much more effective at fullback and Burt is a solid winger.

carson

Juniors
Friday night must be band night, any idea were Guju is playing?

So we will have a winger as a fullback, with a fullback on the wing, the Australian and origin winger as a centre and the person everyone wants to see on the wing is a centre. It all makes sense now!!

eel01s

Bench
carson said:
Friday night must be band night, any idea were Guju is playing?

So we will have a winger as a fullback, with a fullback on the wing, the Australian and origin winger as a centre and the person everyone wants to see on the wing is a centre. It all makes sense now!!

Funny but true!