What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith has to go

parra pete

Referee
Tim Smith does not deserve a first grade spot. He refuses to run the ball, or take it to the line and his kicking options are poor. His confidence is way way down. Needs a stint in Premier League...He is not First grade standard IMO.
For instance,watch him on the final try scored by Raiders Purtell. He received the ball at least ten metres from a defender and instead of taking on the line, shovelled it out to Tahu or Grothe. He is very very ordinary in my opinion.
Jeremy Smith or PJ Marsh to half back...or even J Morris. Anyone BUT Tim Smith.

dazeely

First Grade
Have been in denial re that Parra Pete but have to agree. He is struggling big time. If he is good enough he will be back. PL for T Smith IMO

-Gurueel-

Juniors
what's this about smith blowing up a tree on the field at other players? ive just come back from the game and they were talking about it on the radio - is this true? not impressed...........

dazeely

First Grade
Smartman said:
The golden boy has gone pear shaped.

The best since Sterlo :lol:

Its more like a pear having been run over by a mack truck Smartman. Thats the shape he is in. Poor.........

parralight

Juniors
God - I actually may have to agree with you Parra Pete !!! - Although Does Peto have to leave his wing EVERYTIME when on the line and leave his winger to score ?
Does Brian have to play someone as slow as Delaney in the centres ?
Why doesnt PJ run from dummy half
.....List is endless...

strider

Post Whore
actually timmy ran the ball more tonight than previous games .... seriously

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Smartman said:
The golden boy has gone pear shaped.

The best since Sterlo :lol:

How's Sherwin going? Rack off Troll, there's plenty of threads in the NRL forum to bash us in.

Jeremy or PJ Marsh to halfback hmm... f**king great idea mate. Jeremy was woeful and PJ isn't a halfback, not on his best day.

Our best hope is to sack BRIAN Smith and get a real coach in who cares about our future. Then forget about signing Kurt Gidley and sign a halfback, Mathew Head if he's still available.

I have no solutions for our halfback problem for this year though, there's nothing we can do. Either Tim fires or we are completely f**ked. Not that we are doing too well now either.

Daneel

Bench
Stick with him, the last thing we need is to be chopping and changing our halfbacks. Most promising rookies drop off in their second season. Just think how good JL will compliment his game if his playing 5/8th next year.

parralight

Juniors
well if Smith did blow up - good on him.... I think everyone needs to blow up and show some passion.
We accept below average performaces too readily.

ParraAds

Juniors
You're right there gurueel....the most disgusting part of Tim Smith's play lately is his attitude towards other players. He gives filthy looks and blows up because he might have had to actually reach for a pass...god forbid you little primadonna.

Get rid of him, hes a joke.

-Gurueel-

Juniors
parralight said:
well if Smith did blow up - good on him.... I think everyone needs to blow up and show some passion.
We accept below average performaces too readily.

well i think he should look at his own game before he has a go at others

Governator

Juniors
Tim Smith is sh*te...

Marsh for half.

We need to buy a halfback,

Sherwin and Finch are on the other from the club

jayman

Juniors
he was blowing up all game... some of the passes.. forward passes were blatant...

his kicks too big..

and fu*k wats with all the hospital passes and short inside passes...

jeremy needed to step up but didnt..

whats different from last yr i believe is the form of morris.. morris took pressure of tim smith.. now smith has to do everything himself.. and hes not reacting well to it...

if we are going to get belted.. least leave morris and smith together so they can work on wateva familiarity they have....

Sean7

Juniors
If Tim Smith does get dropped, I don't want to see PJ Marsh at half. He's not a halfback.

Give someone new a chance to prove themselves.

KevinArnold

Juniors
Tim Smiths head is not screwed on properly for whatever reason. He always seems to be in two minds on the fifth tackle or when he knows what he wants to do, the decision is poorly executed. It's clearly frustrating him.

-Gurueel-

Juniors
Sean7 said:
If Tim Smith does get dropped, I don't want to see PJ Marsh at half. He's not a halfback.

Give someone new a chance to prove themselves.
do we have anyone up to the job?

Avenger

Immortal
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought surely Pete doesn't want Brian Smith sacked. But then I realised it was Tim Smith. I have to agree, he needs to be dropped.

I would actuallly put Blake Green at halfback. He is the type of player that could rise to the occasion. However if Brian is not here next year, what incentive has he to place a player like Green in the side?

Kornstar

Coach
I think you are calling for the wrong Smith's head........Brian has instilled no pssion into that team, blame the halfback, forwards, backs all you like, it all starts with the coach........his performance tonight, along with most of the players was disgusting!!!!!

Promote the P/L forwards.......they show more passion than our lot!!!

Latest posts