What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith has to go

Glenn

First Grade
Tim is down on form and confidence, but he is not alone in that regards

Avenger

Immortal
parra pete said:
What were the lower grade scores.
I had a very good mate who was Blake Green's manager. He told me at least two years ago that Blake Green was the next big thing at Parra.

I just spoke to eela on the phone and he told me that Green played well at halfback. He also told me that Reddy had a good game. I forgot to ask the score.

pk76

Juniors
strider said:
frankly i think this is a f**ked thread .... tim smith might not have had a blinder but he wasn't utterly sh*t either ... infact if a extremely marginal pass from timmy which put j smith in under the sticks wasn't called forward just before halftime things could have panned out very different.

1) Tim Smith DID run a few times tonight - broke the line once and could have setup a try with another run IF someone had supported him

2) No halfback is gonna look good when his team is f**king up like we did tonight .... yeah timmy f**ked up a few times himself, but lets not crucify him alone

3) We've gotta stick with him and live with some poorer games .... he's still our best 1/2 option ... and if the team lifts he'll get some more time to do his stuff

1) Agree that he ran more than any other games this year.
2) Very true. But equally true is the lack of leadership to build a foundation for a win
3)Agree that he is our best option. I just think he needs some time off.

Avenger

Immortal
Sorry guys but Timmy has been pretty crap all year. I feel for the kid but he has been quite awful.

jayman

Juniors
pk76 said:
I am not advocating that partnership for the remainder, only during Tim's stint in the reserves to get his head screwed back on. Smith/Morris combo is something I would like to see/support. IMO Brian Smith will bring this combo once both Tim and Morris find form.

morris / smith should be stuck with for the rest of the yr...

it took us to the minor premiership... i cant believe people cant rem that far back...

ParraAds

Juniors
Tim Smith must go....not just for the way he plays, but the disgraceful attitude he shows towards he team mates...I was embarrassed, he is a little punk who has let it go to his head.

parra pete

Referee
strider said:
frankly i think this is a f**ked thread .... tim smith might not have had a blinder but he wasn't utterly sh*t either ... infact if a extremely marginal pass from timmy which put j smith in under the sticks wasn't called forward just before halftime things could have panned out very different.

1) Tim Smith DID run a few times tonight - broke the line once and could have setup a try with another run IF someone had supported him

2) No halfback is gonna look good when his team is f**king up like we did tonight .... yeah timmy f**ked up a few times himself, but lets not crucify him alone

3) We've gotta stick with him and live with some poorer games .... he's still our best 1/2 option ... and if the team lifts he'll get some more time to do his stuff

Its a case of what came first, the chicken or the egg???
Is the team's bad form the cause of his problem, or is he the cause of the team's bad form? Is it from the lack of direction he should be providing?
I think the latter. He shovels passes out INSTEAD of running to the line and then delivering. He looks scared to me..His kicking options are very ordinary - and without his kicking game he's got nothing.
PJ Marsh came to the Club as a half back. He was signed to work the scrum when he came back from New Zealand. Give him the opportunity. He was the Eels best in the final series of 2001 when he played half back.

shiftysmith

Juniors
he really should be just guiding the forwards around the park,and not cramping his outside men..he seems to be wanting to create something on every tackle..

ParraAds

Juniors
jayman said:

it took us to the minor premiership... i cant believe people cant rem that far back...

you're kidding! a year in football is a long time, hell, a week is a long time!

I'm not saying we should sack the guy, but just because he was good last year doesnt mean he shouldnt be dropped to premier league NOW.

jayman

Juniors
ParraAds said:
Tim Smith must go....not just for the way he plays, but the disgraceful attitude he shows towards he team mates...I was embarrassed, he is a little punk who has let it go to his head.

dude hes a kid....

if hes blowing up that means hes passionate.. not merely vindicating others.. sure hes angry there playing crap.. but u cant just go.. ' crap oh well' for every mistake..

if his team mates have a problem with that.. then iam sure they will let him know...

they are big boys u know..;-)

parra pete

Referee
That is exactly the line I have been pushing for several weeks. How long can the team carry him?

jayman

Juniors
tim smith has more chance of returning to form.. then sticking in someone new like green...

or putting widders at 5/8 or marsh at 7 or wateva... coz if we loose... ure gonna say... give them time.. why not just give tim smith some time and let him get back to form...

strider

Post Whore
parra pete said:
Its a case of what came first, the chicken or the egg???
Is the team's bad form the cause of his problem, or is he the cause of the team's bad form? Is it from the lack of direction he should be providing?
I think the latter. He shovels passes out INSTEAD of running to the line and then delivering. He looks scared to me..His kicking options are very ordinary - and without his kicking game he's got nothing.
PJ Marsh came to the Club as a half back. He was signed to work the scrum when he came back from New Zealand. Give him the opportunity. He was the Eels best in the final series of 2001 when he played half back.

I agree he looks scared at times - but I think he at least tried to run tonight - things just didn't work out for the entire team.

And I agree he's not playing great .... but I think we are still expecting too much of him to be our standout onfield leader this early in his career.

Re: PJ to halfback ..... yeah PJ did great in 2001 at halfback ... but its now 2006 - he's older and hasn't been a regular 1/2 for a while ..... I think timmy is still a better option.

Re: Blake Green ... I don't think we'd get a onfield leader any quicker with him.

parra pete

Referee
jayman said:

I remember Tim Smith's effort against the Cowboys in the preliminary final too..It hasn't improved since then either...

Avenger

Immortal
strider said:
I agree he looks scared at times - but I think he at least tried to run tonight - things just didn't work out for the entire team.

And I agree he's not playing great .... but I think we are still expecting too much of him to be our standout onfield leader this early in his career.

Re: PJ to halfback ..... yeah PJ did great in 2001 at halfback ... but its now 2006 - he's older and hasn't been a regular 1/2 for a while ..... I think timmy is still a better option.

Re: Blake Green ... I don't think we'd get a onfield leader any quicker with him.

The Australin schoolboys coach said that when Mullen played at 6 and Green at 7., he never saw a better halfback and halves combo. He also stated that Green was the best natural leader that he saw for his age.

ParraAds

Juniors
jayman said:
dude hes a kid....

if hes blowing up that means hes passionate.. not merely vindicating others.. sure hes angry there playing crap.. but u cant just go.. ' crap oh well' for every mistake..

if his team mates have a problem with that.. then iam sure they will let him know...

they are big boys u know..;-)

passionate my arse...hes a little punk....hes the one playing crap so he tries to shift the blame.

strider

Post Whore
Avenger said:
The Australin schoolboys coach said that when Mullen played at 6 and Green at 7., he never saw a better halfback and halves combo. He also stated that Green was the best natural leader that he saw for his age.

well maybe i'll be proven wrong ... BUT there's a big difference between NRL and PL/schoolboys ..... I just don't know if another kid is gonna be a better option???

Kornstar

Coach
Well i guess we have found this week's scapegoat!!

Poor Timmy......i didn't know that one player could lose the game for a team.......he must be as good as Andrew Johns if he has that effect on the team!!!