What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith has to go

Suitman

Post Whore
TheParraboy said:
I dunno about that,
Tim Smith came into first grade start of last year, and we were quite poor first 6-7 rds our confidence was terible (thrashings to souths/bronocs) Tim Showed signs in PL he could play, and showed promise early in first grade before going on with it for the rest of the year. He was given a go when the side was crap also........

Could be the same with Blake Green, Or do we just blood new guys when we are doing well? That doen't sound right to me.......

Yes, that all makes theoretical sense.
But Tim was already there last year when we were playing poorly.
It was a team effort to drag us out of it, not just one player.

I don't see that putting Blake in now, is solely going to drag the team out of our douldrums. I fear more, the damage it may do to him if it doesn't work.
In saying that, if Tim end's up being the answer to all our prayers, Blake won't be around here anyway.

Suity

Redback71

First Grade
yeah i know that theory .... i just wonder if the actual "getting dropped" thing might knock timmy around a bit???
seemed to work for brett finch.

but any way cant believe you guys r talkin about new half backs we know what his capable of and if he his not performing and his confidence is down i think the coach has to shoulder alot of the blame

Suitman

Post Whore
Redback71 said:
seemed to work for brett finch.

but any way cant believe you guys r talkin about new half backs we know what his capable of and if he his not performing and his confidence is down i think the coach has to shoulder alot of the blame

:thumb

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
(1) Lack of go-forward;

(2) STUPID, STUPID errors;

(3) Tim Smith playing a style of football that doesn't relaly suit him.

Have to address these. And they may explain Tim's poor form.

damo72

Juniors
Maybe bring Jeremy Smith in as half back and push Tim out to 5/8 just to give him a bit more time with the ball without him being as rushed as he is now.

parra pete

Referee
Resurrected this just to remind you that this is not a new idea by me...
His form did not improve after this thread was created way way way back in May....

cardinal

Juniors
parra pete said:
Resurrected this just to remind you that this is not a new idea by me...
His form did not improve after this thread was created way way way back in May....

Yes Pete you were not alone, but Hagan has said Tim will start the year as our 1/2 so lets hope he performs. Maybe Hags can't forget that half of footy Tim played against his Knights, you know the one he set up 4 tries in the first half before breaking his collarbone and we won by 40, maybe you did'nt see it as I have never heard you mention it

parra pete

Referee
The moderators can put this thread back to sleep now. Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been consistent...
I don't think it serves any further purpose....