What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snippet on Albert Kelly from Big League

salvy71

Juniors
Maybe it would be best for him to go down to Melbourne and be guided by his cousin?

Seriously, Inglis is not only one of the best players in the game but is also a great role model.

How is he not the face of Rubgy League?????????

Anyways, i would not blame him if he went to be with his cousin and also if he is trouble now, probably best he is out of the Sydney media's spotlight.

I thought he was ? Didn't he get the the starring role in the NRL ad after Stewart got the a*se ?

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Without knowing the guy or his personal situation I really have no time for young players in any team sport comming through who lack respect or any sort of humility or professionalism. I know he's only young but some of these players need to learn that they are part of a team and a club and that they themsevles arent bigger then it. If he or any other player cannot realise that then he can go. He can count him self very lucky that the Eels havent already cut him.

You need players that represent the attitude and culture of the club and from the sounds of it Albert doesnt have that. If he rejects the offer so be it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
you know what the sad part about all this is? we have a kid named Tim Auremi who suffered, what could be a career ending injury, Parra have reportadly put a hold on their offer to him next year based on upcoming medical reports, he's a quiet unassuming lad who's been putting some long hours as an apprentice greenkeeper before his injury and has always turned up to training and dosn't act like a lair...

as for this kid????...150K hey????..the tigers can have him as far as I'm concerned, I'd much rather spend the money to help Tim through his rehabilitation this snotty nosed prima dona who showed more promise with his off field antics than he has on it...

am I harsh?? maybe, but just ask Tim Auremi about what he's going through and he'll be able to answer how tough it is as a young sportsman on the rise..

sh*t. I love Timmy Auremi - all heart and passion.

I sure hope he's OK.

hybrideel

Bench
You know all this stuff about Tony Williams and now Albert Kelly makes me think we need to start talking about our juniors in places where reporters can't see. I can't recall as much being written about any other players yet to make their first grade debut as has been written about those 2 and that was more than likely only through trolling on these forums
And that is terrible newws about Tim. Looked like a very promising kid. Hope he recovers well

You know all this stuff about Tony Williams and now Albert Kelly makes me think we need to start talking about our juniors in places where reporters can't see. I can't recall as much being written about any other players yet to make their first grade debut as has been written about those 2 and that was more than likely only through trolling on these forums
And that is terrible newws about Tim. Looked like a very promising kid. Hope he recovers well

I agree, I'm surprised that Reporters are using Fan Forums to get info.

muznik

Juniors

On the up side it will be good when The Tele run a story on young Tim Auremi. Maybe a fund raiser ?

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Can't help but feel that for Club Harmony sake - we might be best to let this guy go...
He may well turn out to be a special talent, but if keeping him means we lose others (both salary cap wise, and personalilty wise) - i don't know...

planeteels

Juniors
kelly isn't the answer to parra's requirements pure and simple.

he has played a handful of games where i would deem him being remotely effective. The hype around him results in his bloodlines and a few glimpses of what may be...

Sure, offer him what our club thinks he is worth, but don't go paying the overs for something that is as yet unproven in Top line footy and is at best a 50/50 chance of working. If others want to pay that much at this stage, let them be the heroes or zeroes.. open the door and shake his hand as he walks out the door

born an eel

Bench
if we have to match the tiges offer to keep him now, we are paying for potential. I assume we offered him a reasonable amount and hope loyalty now comes into play from his point of view.
If he just takes the highest offer now, when his contract comes up again it will be a similar case. You are always paying top dollar and can't afford to do that because of salary cap and team morale.

The best teams are made up of the top players who don't always take the best offers but are a team with a certain amount of loyalty.

With his troubles, Obviously the Club rates Kelly as they made a decent offer.So they must see something in him. Anderson must see a future for him otherwise they would not be putting up good money.

I agree with others, we don't want to pay overs for Juniors. Also, we want players that actually want to play for the team e.g. Feleti, Hindmarsh, Keating.