What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So boyd is going as well then ??

Dragon Dave

Bench
This is another thing that has been beat up by the media. Darius said once, when he and Wayne both first came to St George, that he has always been coached by Wayne and would like to continue to be coached by Wayne.

Who wouldn't? I'm sure every player would want to be coached by Wayne.

People seem to have resigned to the fact that where ever Wayne goes Darius will go. Darius is now considered one of the games elite, and would not come cheap anywhere.

broncos2010

Juniors
broncos could afford boyd with no issues with lockyer gone and the inglis deal that failed they have heaps of cap space. I guess boyd could be a option at 5/8...

Father Ted

First Grade
broncos could afford boyd with no issues with lockyer gone and the inglis deal that failed they have heaps of cap space. I guess boyd could be a option at 5/8...

Not sure I'd want to go back to a club that sacked me, but who knows what Boyds thinking

KKW

Juniors
If wayne goes I go.................LMFAO. I wonder if darius realised how lame that sounded when he said that.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Manly: the club of choice for mercenaries.

Surprised they haven't thrown another lifeline to John Hopoate.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Darius will leave. Although i would hope that wayne has told him to stay. The kid can't follow Wayne everywhere. I would be throwing large sums at Boyd to stay. But he just doesn't seem like the kind of guy that wants to be stuck in the gong.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Darius will leave. Although i would hope that wayne has told him to stay. The kid can't follow Wayne everywhere. I would be throwing large sums at Boyd to stay. But he just doesn't seem like the kind of guy that wants to be stuck in the gong.

Not to all put Boyd down I like him as a player and a St.George fan I say this critically.

He has to honestly think twice and grow up you can't act 5 and walk around following someone your whole life. Yes it would be great to be coached by Bennett he is a super coach but you can't always get everything your way.

If Benny retired what's he going to do? It's a matter of fact of thought. I'm sure Bennett was wise enough to tell him to think about staying and see what Doust offers. However our Salary Cap too takes a stand.

And Broncos rejected him in '08 with Bennett telling him to come to the dragons with him.

chris_el

Juniors
I wonder if Boyd even knows how to play if he is not under Bennett? I agree he needs to grow up and stop following someone who eventually will retire. I am slightly concerned if Wayne does retire and Boyd does stay, will his heart still be in it?

I think its time we get the young kids more involved in the starting line up Goodwin, Stanley.

Godz Illa

Coach
Contributed hugely to our success and I'll love him forever for it.

Will be difficult to keep him regardless. Came to us as a winger who fluked an Origin spot through injury, and is now one of the elite fullbacks - elite players - in the game, a Clive Churchill medallist and a representative staple. Will be worth huge coin, and clubs in his home region, Brisbane and Gold Coast, will have the cap space to offer it. We'd struggle to keep him. My pick is he'll go to one of those clubs regardless of where Bennett ends up.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I wonder if Boyd even knows how to play if he is not under Bennett? I agree he needs to grow up and stop following someone who eventually will retire. I am slightly concerned if Wayne does retire and Boyd does stay, will his heart still be in it?

I think its time we get the young kids more involved in the starting line up Goodwin, Stanley.

Not the smartest post I’ve seen mate!
Boyd under Meninga has done pretty well wouldn’t you say??

Bronx Goodwin was born in 1984
Old Man Boyd born in 1987 may be past his prime at 23 years old but I’m guessing that he still has a little to offer

possm

Coach
Boyd will follow Bennett you can be sure of that. Goodwin will do the job fine and hopefully be a great fullback for us.

13Dragons

Juniors
Old Man Boyd born in 1987 may be past his prime at 23 years old but I’m guessing that he still has a little to offer

Gold :lol::lol:

On a serious note.. he is his own man, and if he wants to follow Bennett, then so be it. I would hate it though because he has been great for us.

Latest posts