What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refereeing - Going Forward

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Guys - I watched the Sea Eagles v Tigers game, and I’am concerned.
the referee clearly orchestrated the result of that game.
Cameras even heard him state he didn’t see the early knock-on but he made a decision against the play.
Now let’s get to Melbourne v Dolphins.
What are the realistic chances of the Dolphins winning. But still……
Which brings us to Sharks v Dragons.
If anybody has watched them of late their skills have taken a back seat to an element of spite and nastiness actions.
Back to the refs.
I’m worried the Sharks get away with Blue Murder on Sunday so they with and give the Dolphins (a QLD side) given a better chance of making the 8 at someone’s expense. And it just so happens- ours!
I write this to be catalogued - now if I’m wrong I stand corrected- but I know I’m right.
Siebold and DCE bit their tongues in a very Man-ly way when they clearly had a grievance that should be heard.

since77

Juniors
Cameras even heard him state he didn’t see the early knock-on but he made a decision against the play.
If anybody has watched them of late their skills have taken a back seat to an element of spite and nastiness actions.
Back to the refs.
I’m worried the Sharks get away with Blue Murder on Sunday so they with and give the Dolphins (a QLD side) given a better chance of making the 8 at someone’s expense. And it just so happens- ours!
I write this to be catalogued - now if I’m wrong I stand corrected- but I know I’m right.
Siebold and DCE bit their tongues in a very Man-ly way when they clearly had a grievance that should be heard.
Orchestrated? Nonsense. Get your tin foil hat off.
The referees and bunker are often incompetent and wrong and contradicting themselves but to say they're deliberately manipulating results is conspiracy theory nonsense.

russell border

Juniors
Back to the refs.
I guess you will get your refs ticket & be in on the rort next season :D

Jersey No 14

Juniors
I guess you will get your refs ticket & be in on the rort next season :D
You can’t reason with dickheads.
Take off you blinkers and watch the current state of RL.
Watch that game (slowly) and see for yourself.
Just don’t whine when the Dolphins are in on so Ref (accident) and we are sitting in some pub with our bottom lips quivering.
And when Annesley pulls some quote out of his arse to justify the above - I won’t be here to say I told you so because I would have switched off.

Dragon David

First Grade
Stephen Crigthon anyone, JDB would have been sent last night !!!
As I have said elsewhere. Free booze and food supplied by the sponsor of the Bulldogs on top of accommodation in the many pubs owned and operated by that sponsor to all officiators and NRL big wigs - that's what it looks like. Crichton's action to show that he likes having his nose up players' mouths and that he doesn't mind giving a shoulder for opposition players to rest their heads onto must be seen by the Judiciary and Match Review Committee to be exemplary behaviour.

This arrogant piece of shit should be rubbed out.

Jersey No 14

Juniors

Stephen Crigthon anyone, JDB would have been sent last night !!!

V’Landy is all about money
The Bulldogs play at the the Olympic Stadium.
The NRL will want that full of screaming “Doggies”
Kogarah, Shark Park, Dolphin’s home, Brookvale their grounds are not cash cows.
So “Truck” those teams.
That’s why Kev Walters sat in that Presser and said the Broncos will make the 8
Clearly he knows something.
And with the help of the Refs - Pete’s dreams can come true.

Trifili13

Juniors
So we have a referee that missed the shoulder to the head - fair enough he might have been unsighted and things happen quickly on the field. You then have another referee sitting in front of a thousand screens see a player that wobbled when he tried to get up after being hit in the head with a shoulder charge and thinks there are mitigating circumstances so penalty sufficient. There's then a huge uproar and the MRC says the incident actually deserves 2 weeks suspension. And the NRL wants us to believe it's a level playing field for all teams.

How can there be so much discrepancy between match officials and the MRC of what they deem illegal play? As Toovey correctly put it "there needs to be an investigation"

since77

Juniors
So we have a referee that missed the shoulder to the head - fair enough he might have been unsighted and things happen quickly on the field. You then have another referee sitting in front of a thousand screens see a player that wobbled when he tried to get up after being hit in the head with a shoulder charge and thinks there are mitigating circumstances so penalty sufficient. There's then a huge uproar and the MRC says the incident actually deserves 2 weeks suspension. And the NRL wants us to believe it's a level playing field for all teams.

How can there be so much discrepancy between match officials and the MRC of what they deem illegal play? As Toovey correctly put it "there needs to be an investigation"
The bunker is broken. Watching as unbiasedly as possible, JDB gets binned last week for a tackle that was far less dangerous than the golden boy's last night. There's zero consistency.
And don't get me started on how much ruck interference the Dog's "wonderful Ciraldo defensive structures" was allowed to get away with last night. Starting to really hate that soulless bunch of mercenaries.

Dragon David

First Grade
The bunker is broken. Watching as unbiasedly as possible, JDB gets binned last week for a tackle that was far less dangerous than the golden boy's last night. There's zero consistency.
And don't get me started on how much ruck interference the Dog's "wonderful Ciraldo defensive structures" was allowed to get away with last night. Starting to really hate that soulless bunch of mercenaries.
Good on you since77. I am waiting to see the outcome of this. The Bulldogs appear to be the favourites of the NRL this year. I'm not saying that the Bulldogs get everything go their way, far from it and it is up to the opposition to do their utmost to win against that team which all have been doing of course. It's the things like Crichton's shoulder butt into RTS's head and RTS having to sit out the game while SC stays on the field and the extra 6 agains given in crucial stages to allow the Dogs to score that swings the games around to get the Dogs on top that I'm concerned about.
In an even competition, a team can really get on top and gain much needed momentum if that help, as little as it might be, is given by the whistleblower unintentionally of course.

since77

Juniors
Good on you since77. I am waiting to see the outcome of this. The Bulldogs appear to be the favourites of the NRL this year. I'm not saying that the Bulldogs get everything go their way, far from it and it is up to the opposition to do their utmost to win against that team which all have been doing of course. It's the things like Crichton's shoulder butt into RTS's head and RTS having to sit out the game while SC stays on the field and the extra 6 agains given in crucial stages to allow the Dogs to score that swings the games around to get the Dogs on top that I'm concerned about.
In an even competition, a team can really get on top and gain much needed momentum if that help, as little as it might be, is given by the whistleblower unintentionally of course.
To be honest I didn't really notice their ruck interference as much when we played them but it sure explains how they're shutting teams down so completely.
Last night I had the luxury of watching as an unbiased observer and the Bulldogs wrestle and ruck tactics were all out of the classic Melbourne Storm playbook. It was so blatant and apart from a few late six agains when the game was over, the Warriors were just choked out of the game in the second half by a defensive system that was allowed to get away with blue murder.
I'd love for Buzz or one of the journos to pick this up and run with it.

Parko1310

Juniors
To be honest I didn't really notice their ruck interference as much when we played them but it sure explains how they're shutting teams down so completely.
Last night I had the luxury of watching as an unbiased observer and the Bulldogs wrestle and ruck tactics were all out of the classic Melbourne Storm playbook. It was so blatant and apart from a few late six agains when the game was over, the Warriors were just choked out of the game in the second half by a defensive system that was allowed to get away with blue murder.
I'd love for Buzz or one of the journos to pick this up and run with it.
They've been getting away with heaps of shit in the ruck all year, and I have no idea how in every single game they play it doesn't get called. Think JAC's blatant flops on our players all the way back in round 10. That's when I first noticed it, obviously because it was against us, so when I watched their games ever since I've kept an eye on it - and they do it every single week with no punishment. It's outrageous considering how badly other teams - including ours- would be penalised to the point of being completely out of the contest if they did the same. On the flip side, it's keeping the dogs in the contest with a less than potent forward pack, and is a huge reason why their points conceded are so low. They just slow the ruck down to the extreme and somehow get away with everything despite how blatantly obvious it is.

They have a ton of serial offenders in there who obviously don't appear on the referee's 'tip sheet' (the tip sheets I think are one of the dumbest things to ever be introduced to the referees), but there are so many other players in other teams who do. For example, one in particular i've noticed from our team is Toby Couchman. Next time we play and you watch on TV, listen to how many times you hear the referee scream out "Toby!", and "Toby get up!", even if they've just hit the ground and Toby has every right to stay where he is for a little longer. Obviously appears on the tip sheets, and so if he makes a tackle, he has to move quicker than a dogs player who doesn't appear on the tip sheet, thus speeding up the ruck to our disadvantage and slowing it down to the dogs advantage in games. They really need to clean the referees up, they're not anywhere near good enough

Trifili13

Juniors
I feel the Tigers have also been shafted all season as most bottomfeeder teams do like us but suddenly on Thursday night they were the beneficiaries with Manly's sin bins. I assume it had nothing to do with the NRL wanting to keep interest up with a playoff for the spoon with Parra in the last round?

Trifili13

Juniors
Watch how the favoured teams lie all over the tackled player, swing around to see if the defensive line is set and then get up.

Latest posts