What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So far - Who you been most impressed with?

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Impressed: -Well from souths Obviously Isaac luke but moreso from Michael Greenfield...gee that kid can offload.
-Tupou have never really rated him and thought he was a little overated but he proved me wrong and killed us last week.
-Finch don;t like him and he is a sook but went well very very well.

Disappointed: -Vagana...and he's been rested this week now but that's not a good thing cause hegarty is back (who will no doubt be on this list hopefully on the impressed side) and in general our defensive structure wasn't there
-Penrith...I expected them to have improved a little but they continued where they left off last year...silly penalties, drop balls and crap defence.
-The Roosters winning duh..

mongoose

Coach
Shorty said:
Who has said that about the Roosters? I don't see it.
It was said about the Titans.

For me it was the Titans,if they play like they did last week they'll be a pretty big contender for premiership.

Eels,for that sort of comeback.

Thurston and Lockyer,these fellas coming back and their bodies fine must make poor old Benji even more down.

The Titans were impressive but how much more can they improve? You don't want to be playing your best footy in the first few rounds.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Anthony Laffranchi

How this guy is not playing for Australia and NSW is mind boggling to me.

This is dead set Nathan Hindmarsh when he had a running game with an offload thrown in for good measure.

The best back rower and most underated player in the game.

Roosters and Broncos...the Broncs looked very composed.

Impressed with Anthony Tupou...

Also impressed with Manu Vatuvei and his ability to allow the ball to bounce through his hands consistently !!.

shiznit

Coach
kia ora storm said:
Roosters and Broncos...the Broncs looked very composed.

Impressed with Anthony Tupou...

Also impressed with Manu Vatuvei and his ability to allow the ball to bounce through his hands consistently !!.
how ordanary were melbourne when he actually handled the football though....

his 1st try was pretty poor defence by a side thats defending there crown. he had 3 or 4 players all over him with next to no space and still scored...

thats bloody Manu though... the guy drops balls with two hands and no one around him yet the bugger can dot the ball down one-handed with 4 guys on his back...

who knows how his mind works...

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
kia ora storm said:

I actually thought that the try he scored was very classy. Top try.

effnic

Bench
mattyg said:
edit: Forgot to add Kane Cleal!! I know i'm commenting on my own team here, but why on earth did no club want him? He runs as hard as any forward in the comp if not harder, and he is half the size of most of them. If we had 17 players who played as hard as Cleal we'd be top 4 material
He just looked good in a team surrounded by crap players, kinda like Ashley Harrison at souths.:lol:

super_coach

First Grade
Without doubt the star of round one Benji--the best two minutes of footy I have seen in years.Made a pass (miss timed) and a tackle.

Cant wait to see him in ten weeks--the poor bugger will celebrate his 100 FG at the age of 37.

From a serious note now the Bronks have a no7 in Wallace they could do anything been a long time since Alfie

the_eel

Juniors
I thought Titans , Roosters and the Broncos were the most impressive teams of the round and as far as individuals went: Laffranchi looks set for a big year as does Prince, Thurston, Mateo, Farrah, tupou and Slater.

I was unimpressed with the Dragons and the Panthers and the Eels first half was the worst performance by any team that i've seen in a bloody long time.

Latest posts