What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So far - Who you been most impressed with?

Bigfella

Coach
What was interesting to me was that some of the game's best players of say 2-3 years ago, after injury or slight drop of form, or even just a new crop of players pushing them at the highest level, stood up to remind us they aren't finished yet:

Lockyer, Hindmarsh, Toupou, Prince, Bailey all made massive statements I thought.

voltron

Juniors
gidley, wicks
prince, bailey
pearce (BIG improvement from last year), topou, issac luke
petro, sammutt, both pretty impressive in a very very beaten side (well in the last 10 minutes i saw)

D

Deleted member 10972

Roosters, Titans & Broncos

Tupou, Bailey & Sims.

How about Setaimata Sa catching that bomb? Looked like he caught it with one hand, planted it & picked it up in his giant mit without dropping it.

Any Knights fan should be fully aware their team played very scrappy & didn't deserve a mention as most impressive team, however the individual performances of Wicks, Fa'aoso & Kidley definitely rate a mention.

Noa

First Grade
Player - Peter Wallace, really impressed with his game against the Panthers. Looks to be the perfect partner for Locky. Doesnt overplay his hand and has alot of poise.

Team - Sharks. Went to a place teams struggle, lost a prop, didnt start with their best player, where entitled to be behind alot more at half-time and still won.

philstorm

Juniors
Slaaaater!

But the Titans and Roosters really impressed. Moreso the Titans given the quality of their opposition.

roosters and broncos. i didn't catch the titans game because i was at ANZ but they sound like they were impressive

anthony tupou, mitchell pearce, pini paea, darren lockyer and petero civoneciva - dead set what is doing in the 78th minute chasing after a kick 20 metres out from his own goal. leading by example as always

i love how everyone says "not the roosters because of the quality of their opposition" too hard to admit we shut down souths completely considering the majority of you tipped souths for atleast top 8. jealousy is a bitch

paulb88 said:
And for comparative purposes, I have been UNimpessed with the following:
A cheap shot into the back of Craig Wing

who's up on grapple tackle charges again?

philstorm

Juniors
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
i love how everyone says "not the roosters because of the quality of their opposition" too hard to admit we shut down souths completely considering the majority of you tipped souths for atleast top 8. jealousy is a bitch

The majority of people in this thread have said the Roosters, yet you choose to take the fact that not everyone complimented the Roosters as a slight.

Insecure much? :lol:

philstorm said:
The majority of people in this thread have said the Roosters, yet you choose to take the fact that not everyone complimented the Roosters as a slight.

Insecure much? :lol:

read what i said again skirt ... i was pointing to where people said "the quality of opposition". move along

Grail

Juniors
Melbourne. The intensity they showed and the clinical way they play is impressive, even in Round 1.
Hindmarsh, he's always doing it, but the resolve he showed to save a number of tries and always be the man on the spot says a lot.

Shorty

Staff member
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
read what i said again skirt ... i was pointing to where people said "the quality of opposition". move along
Who has said that about the Roosters? I don't see it.
It was said about the Titans.

For me it was the Titans,if they play like they did last week they'll be a pretty big contender for premiership.

Eels,for that sort of comeback.

Thurston and Lockyer,these fellas coming back and their bodies fine must make poor old Benji even more down.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Most impressed with Titans. I didn't think they'd be as good as they where.
For my most impressive player, you can't go past Atkins. Freak, especially that second try.

kimmorley's kick chase.

the manly bloke who knocked out ross. he played pretty good to be honest. also, how he stayed on his feet after that collision is beyond me.

adam peek

finchy for exposing utai's lack of height and non existent vertical leap on the wing.

hindmarsh was good too.

Lewis Hamilton. he was in a class of his own on sunday. f**k me that bloke can drive.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Titans: Really look like a good unit this year after a decent first year. Seem to have a great squad.

My Eels: due to the comeback, we are known to fold in those sort of games.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Player- Michael Sullivan

Team- Parra, just coming back from that deficit gets the vote for me.

Latest posts