What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So far - Who you been most impressed with?

simostorm

Bench
Team and Player.

Which team has impressed you the most after round 1?

and

Which Player you been most impressed with after round 1?

Ill ignore my own bias and not comment on the Storm.

Im going Roosters for Team, I think despite there drop off after they completely
had Souths down and out. They came out of the blocks at a tremendous speed.

And player..Toupu of the Roosters was sensational, he will be so damaging all year.

We'll see how they fare next week...

Inferno

Coach
Thursty and Lockyer were pretty impressive given the injuries they were coming back from.

Butters

Bench
Mark Minichiello, he just kept hitting hole after hole and throwing offload after offload on friday.

paulb88

Juniors
So far from the games I've seen:

The Eels coming back from 20 nil down (yes, thats a bias one)
Four tries on debut for Jordan Atkins
The Broncos performance

And for comparative purposes, I have been UNimpessed with the following:
A cheap shot into the back of Craig Wing
The "Mighty" Eagles at "Fortress" Brookvale ;-)
Sonny Bill Williams (How the hell did he get a Dally M point)

Inferno

Coach
Anthony Minichello was another one who was impressive coming back from serious injury.

A pleasure to watch, and should walk straight back into the blues and Green and Gold if he maintains his current form.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The team that impressed me the most was the Titans.

The player that impressed me the most was Brett Finch, little bias but compared to his previous seasons, he was very impressive.

Slackboy72

Coach
Melbourne tonight showed plenty of intensity and organisation. This will take them to a top 4 finish. Warriors had lots of intensity too but early season fumbles cost them.
Robbie Farah and John Morris showed they don't need Benji to run a football team.
Cronulla look like big improvers.
Bulldogs and Eels look like top 8 material.
Isaac Luke was good. And Roosters were impressive.
Gold Coast look like a formidable unit.
Dragons, Raiders and Knights were disappointing. Manly okay.
Yet to watch Broncos Penrith match.
Bulldogs and Eels Toyota cup squads both look better than Dragons, Raiders and Knights.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I was actually very dissapointed in Melbourne, they seemed very nervous and Folau looked like his mind was else where. His attitude suggested that he was leaving. They still use the grapple ALOT but now they have their back towards the ref so he cant see and alot of the times when Brent Tate got tackled, they have a forearm on his head or neck. I was quiet disgusted with them. The Warriors impressed me even though I think they have alot to improve on, which is kind of a complement.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I wasnt too impressed with many teams this weekend to be completely honest, i know its round 1 but still....

We looked good. (If we had of played the whole game like we did in the first half we would have been one of the worst performers.)

Roosters looked good. (I like what they did, i know Souths werent great but they controlled the majority of the game.)

Titans looked good. (Great game, best preformance of the weekend by any team.)

Thats about it for me.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Finch for me, best I've seen him play.

Most impressed was with the GC stadium. Great atmosphere, full stands, take note Sydney!

mattyg

Bench
- Knights and Brisbane went better than i expected
- Warriors played well given the heat and the fact that Price got injured early on and they were without McKinnon. If Vatuvei could catch, it was anyones game.
- The Dogs first half - gave me hope we can actually go somewhere this year - we simply fell asleep in the 2nd half and Utai couldn't catch either.

edit: Forgot to add Kane Cleal!! I know i'm commenting on my own team here, but why on earth did no club want him? He runs as hard as any forward in the comp if not harder, and he is half the size of most of them. If we had 17 players who played as hard as Cleal we'd be top 4 material

Hutchy86

Juniors
I'm disgusted in myself for saying this.. but the Roosters did actually impress me for once.
Reminded me much like the team of old.. with good hard football, but still lacking a bit of discipline.
The player who stood out for me was Joey G.. it might seem like an odd pick but I thought he had a gun game against the Dogs. His defence was impressive & he kept hitting the line hard.. I still think he's going to surprise alot of people this season & do the Blue & Gold proud.
Was also impressed with Johnny Morris... stepped up when Benji went off & collaborated well with Farah to lead the Tigers around the park.

OVP

Coach
Souths for their incredible whinging ability. Ive NEVER seen a bigger bunch of whingers in my whole life. Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Tupou, Lockyer, Bailey, Slater and Thurston were also very convincing.

Inferno said:
Anthony Minichello was another one who was impressive coming back from serious injury.

A pleasure to watch, and should walk straight back into the blues and Green and Gold if he maintains his current form.
what..he spills a bomb and runs 50 metres to then spill the ball because of poor ball security...minichello is always good for a few good laughs:lol:
the titans were very impresive with their speed across the park

Ice777

Bench
If i had to choose one team i reckon the Tits were the top pick. I'm not really reading into any teams form after just one round be it good or bad. We'll know more as the weeks go on and i'm not writing off any team just yet.

As for my own i was pretty happy with the way we went for the first game and the preparation we've had. We were patchy in parts as most teams were which was hardly surprising, but there's still a heap of improvement there so that can only be a good thing.

Latest posts