What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So....It's A Roosters V Eagles Grand Final.

Card Shark

Immortal
Can't get too excited about that. Would love to have seen a different team or 2 in there.

Along with Melbourne, they just seem to know what it takes to get there.

Hopefully we are learning what it takes.

Still can't help think if Carney plays last week, we would be the different team in the Grand Final.

Quigs

Immortal
We are learning what it takes ???????

What it takes

rorting the system.

Not give a rats about who they sign up

Getting dream runs off media (tv and the press)

Dank 5 years at the Hartleys - Chooks with high levels of HGH

--------------------------------------------

It's okay to have a competitive pack of forwards ... will always get you near or into the 8. But you need some X factor backs. The rorters are full of them.

Remember when everyone was going on about Jennings and 600 hundred grand. Watch his two tries yesterday in a matter of minutes. Broke the knights then and there and just repaid the 600 to the Chooks.

Bottom line. Get Fathead into our Squad asap.

Rehab our suspects i.e. Barba style.

We've got to learn how to play the game off the field and how to manipulate the rules to get you to a GF

DJShaksta

First Grade
The media salivating over everything SBW does is downright nauseating.
I agree with Quigs.

DJShaksta

First Grade
The Roosters shit me.
How the fugg they ended up jagging SBW, Jennings, and LOD amazes me.
Jennings has been sublime the last couple of months, since origin pretty much.

Surely

Post Whore
I did notice one thing those roosters forwards are big boys.

Our boys should have been on steggles chickens not danks program for a couple of months.

Card Shark

Immortal
Remember when everyone was going on about Jennings and 600 hundred grand. Watch his two tries yesterday in a matter of minutes. Broke the knights then and there and just repaid the 600 to the Chooks.

We've got to learn how to play the game off the field and how to manipulate the rules to get you to a GF

Gotta agree about Jennings. Thought he'd had a quiet season....but then scores his second (awesome) try last night & it flashes up....19 for the season.

Who scored the most for us & what position does he play, again? ;-)

Since 73

First Grade
We are learning what it takes ???????

What it takes

rorting the system.

Not give a rats about who they sign up

Getting dream runs off media (tv and the press)

Dank 5 years at the Hartleys - Chooks with high levels of HGH

--------------------------------------------

It's okay to have a competitive pack of forwards ... will always get you near or into the 8. But you need some X factor backs. The rorters are full of them.

Watching the eagles the other nite l was thinking how we wouldve played the bunnies.
Thru the guts with a lot of one out.
Gallen drawing in 4 and dying with the ball.
Cross kick on the last.
No fullback trailing runners thru the ruck.
Waiting for Fafita to do something out of the box.

Eagles showed why centres are still a useful commodity.
They tore the bunnies a new one out wide again and again.
Numbers 1 - 5 destroyed a team which everyone thought was unbeatable because it has some 'big boppers'.

Weve had some of the best centres ever play for our club and any success weve had has been built on the back of outside backs.

Weve gone away from that since Langy left and our results have been in the shitter.

Madsharkie

First Grade
...Eagles showed why centres are still a useful commodity.
They tore the bunnies a new one out wide again and again.
Numbers 1 - 5 destroyed a team which everyone thought was unbeatable because it has some 'big boppers'.

Weve had some of the best centres ever play for our club and any success weve had has been built on the back of outside backs.

Weve gone away from that since Langy left and our results have been in the shitter.

Melbourne follow a similar model. No name front row, ok second row, kick ass 1, 7, 9, and big fast strong backs. The evidence is there to show where our recruitment needs to improve...

Card Shark

Immortal
73, we play to our strengths, which is obviously our forwards.

Trouble is, we don't really seem to care so much about buying top notch / developing outside backs because we continually focus on that forward strength.

Forwards set up the situation in games for backs to win It. We just don't have the magic in the backline to do this.....we gotta rely on Fifita (ala Dragons & almost against the Eagles).

I was against Fergo coming but lets face it, we need him badly.

Since 73

First Grade
73, we play to our strengths, which is obviously our forwards.

Trouble is, we don't really seem to care so much about buying top notch / developing outside backs because we continually focus on that forward strength.

Forwards set up the situation in games for backs to win It. We just don't have the magic in the backline to do this.....we gotta rely on Fifita (ala Dragons & almost against the Eagles).

I was against Fergo coming but lets face it, we need him badly.
That's my point Cardy - recruitment.

Our strength is our pack. But the eagles showed there is no substitute for speed and precision.
Their finely tuned backs ripped Souths apart.

Just like we used to.

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
ive been banging on about this exact point since i started and got shot down on numerous occasions. By some of the people here that comment on that we have shit back line.
1, 2, 5, 6 and 7 all hold their own they will only get exposed when we have better centres.

Cowboys, Many. The only time we looked vulnerable or lost is when we played away from our strengths and went sidewards...i.e Gal 5/8.

If we didn't deviate from our strengths i believe we would be playing this week and would have a great chance as we put 30 on the best defensive team in the comp.

Southern Shark

Juniors
Listening to Gould at how great the Roosters are. Makes me think he gifted Jennings to his mate Politis to Penriths expense.

webShark

The Roosters shit me.
How the fugg they ended up jagging SBW, Jennings, and LOD amazes me.
Jennings has been sublime the last couple of months, since origin pretty much.

Maloney too.

They will somehow manage to upgrade Scheck,Cordner, Guerra and Tupou and make a play for Fergo. We must be paying big overs on journeymen.

Special K

Coach
Gallen, Lewis, Carney, Gordon, Fifita, Graham and looking to add in Ferguson. Fair bit of cash there.

webShark

Gallen, Lewis, Carney, Gordon, Fifita, Graham and looking to add in Ferguson. Fair bit of cash there.

Where is this Fergo stuff coming from? I heard Jack Wighton rumoured but didn't he get injured. Raiders may want him now as Fergo sacked. Should try for Brenko Lee (Edricks cousin). Powerhouse winger. Bit of a Vatuvei in the making. 17 but looks 45. Definite back row potential as he is a beast for a 17 year old winger.

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
Tony williams in the making....
You need to previous threads as the chat has been about too many forwards.

We need backs.... and good ones... Bring on fergo........

Latest posts