What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So many people want to go to NRL games...but....

Stewie

Juniors
Have to accept that Monday nights are a rating winner therefore here to stay if we want the big TV $'s

I reckon we have enough interest from seperate broadcasters to take back full control of our game. Hopefully the ARLC has plenty of balls to stop them from dictating when games should be played. If they want our game they will pay for it regardless of whether or not they have control over scheduling. They won't get any less games, just not one on a Monday night. Either that or go back to 1 game Friday night, 1 game Monday night.

Less night games if they want the families back to league. Without the kids our game is dead and buried. Broadcasters only care about NOW but Rugby league needs to think about the future.

docbrown

Coach
1. Any kick that goes over the dead ball line unassisted should be immediately returned to the kicker's position by the opposition for a tap and go. This punishes thoughtless last option kicks and sloppy kicks just to get out of defensive pressure.

Don't necessarily want to quote myself but just for doing it for clarity's sake, on tonight's commentary both Warren, Gould and Sterling commented on the Dragon's tactic of delibrately kicking the ball dead in goal - as Warren called it 'boring football'.

I hate the tactic. Sterling said a kick from furthers than 30 metres out should be brought back to the 30 metres. Gould said that it should be returned to the kicker's position - which is what I would like to see.

Latest posts