What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Milligan & Bird want to talk now...

Everyone has the opportunity to learn from their mistakes and except responsibility for them. He (Bird) may or may not have that ability and that is why human beings sometimes turn out like Ivan Milat. Like the rest of you, that realisation sits very uncomfortably within.

But I still think that taboo's are playing a big part in this discussion and that will get the average joe sitting high on the horse. Taboo: You don't hit women... Fair enough too.

Bird imo seems to be a bloke that has problems with his own self importance, maybe this was manifested by the circumstances of his fame and lack of life experience.

She declined her right to press charges, so in this instance who or what are we trying to protect? Greg bird from society? Justice for women? Battered wife syndrome? Morals? General behaviour in society?

“Whenever we seek to avoid the responsibility for our own behavior, we do so by attempting to give that responsibility to some other individual or organization or entity. But this means we then give away our power to that entity.” -Scott M Peck

Maybe we give away too much power to our own taboo's in society sometimes ??

For all we know she could have done it to herself and Bird is actually trying to protect HER from the shame of such an action !! In reality know one really knows. Thats the only FACT of this whole sorry tale.

"declining to press charges" is a myth perpetuated by Law & Order: SVU.

carcharias

Immortal
Bird probably saw what happened to Latu and tried to cover it up.

hey cools.
“Whenever we seek to avoid the responsibility for our own behavior, we do so by attempting to give that responsibility to some other individual or organization or entity. But this means we then give away our power to that entity.” -Scott M Peck

Is this from the road less travelled?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Bird probably saw what happened to Latu and tried to cover it up.

hey cools.

Is this from the road less travelled?

Bingo!

carcharias

Immortal
I read it not long ago.
man...I felt guilty after it.
I started doing all this handyman shyte around the house .

millersnose

Post Whore
For all we know she could have done it to herself and Bird is actually trying to protect HER from the shame of such an action !! In reality know one really knows. Thats the only FACT of this whole sorry tale.

nope

bird is responsible for her injuries

a court found that to be the case

that is a pretty solid 'fact'

but thanks for the chuckle

bird to mate " the missus has glassed herself in the face and to avoid her looking silly for doing so we have told the coppers it was you"

coolumsharkie

Referee
nope

bird is responsible for her injuries

a court found that to be the case

that is a pretty solid 'fact'

but thanks for the chuckle

bird to mate " the missus has glassed herself in the face and to avoid her looking silly for doing so we have told the coppers it was you"

And justice for all. You crack me up.

Unless your a f**kin pyschic you will never know what happened, you can't admit it that though.

I only said it was a possibilty, keep riding the horse millers.

millersnose

Post Whore
And justice for all. You crack me up.

Unless your a f**kin pyschic you will never know what happened, you can't admit it that though.

I only said it was a possibilty, keep riding the horse millers.

i am not riding any horse coolum

i am entirely satified that the police, the courts and the cronulla sharks acted properly here

and i dont need to be a pyschic to work out what happened either

it is now a matter of public record

and carc there is no chance this verdict will be overturned

they have not even bothered to appeal against the verdict

samshark

Juniors
Havent we done this topic to death? Cant believe some of the things still being debated.

I actually think they are appealing the verdict as well as the sentence. In theory it can be overturned but I cant see it happening in this case. It will be off to the big house for Bird. And rightly so, will be a good opportunity for Bird to learn a does of humility. Whilst various things have been questioned and blamed, one big thing for me is the arrogance shown by Bird from day one in this matter to think he could just get away with it all. Time to man up.

Frenzy.

Immortal
For the record

The original appeal was to be a severity of sentence appeal and was set down for August.

Bird changed legal teams and in turn the new team has changed tactics. The severity appeal was shelved and an appeal against conviction was lodged.

PJ

First Grade
Isn't there some debate as well as to whether or not they can admit new evidence?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Isn't there some debate as well as to whether or not they can admit new evidence?

Yes. The debate will centre around whether the evidence is actually new or if it's just different people, Bird and Gilligan, giving it.

The new evidence also has to be in the best interest of justice.

It's doubtful it would be

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yes. The debate will centre around whether the evidence is actually new or if it's just different people, Bird and Gilligan, giving it.

The new evidence also has to be in the best interest of justice.

It's doubtful it would be

I heard it is not possible for them NOT to admit the evidence as she is the "alleged" victim.

carcharias

Immortal
so if Bird somehow gets off does that mean the sharks , the police and the original judgment were all wrong?

They may well find him guilty of being a bullshidder in the flatmate situation...which nobody is denying
However, now having the person he is meant to have assaulted denying he did it could also make it hard for them to convict him of it you'd think.
...or do they just say.... Bird is lying and his girlfriend is now also lying?

Latest posts