What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So we are at 5th

despite a hammering..we are going ok..and we still cant get the best team onto the paddock..I think we need one good game to really kick on to gel the team.Id like to think its this weekend but if we keep soldiering on..make the semis then we might just win the tight games.Not to say we are premirship certs but..top 5 finish this year should count as a good year.then..roll on the signing for next year:D

Holla if ya hear me said:
despite a hammering..we are going ok..and we still cant get the best team onto the paddock..I think we need one good game to really kick on to gel the team.Id like to think its this weekend but if we keep soldiering on..make the semis then we might just win the tight games.Not to say we are premirship certs but..top 5 finish this year should count as a good year.then..roll on the signing for next year:D

:thumb

perverse

Referee
Holla if ya hear me said:
yep.

knights7

Juniors
We're doing good if I think...We're struggling at times but still managing to stick in there...

Jono078

Referee
I'm really excited for when Gidley comes back.

He will be all fresh and fired up to pick up from where he left off.

I like that we are the, so far suprise packets of the year.

If you told me at the beginning of the year that we'd lose Johns after he plays 1 game and we are coming 5th half way into the comp.

I would of said, get lost you idiot :p

So when you look at it like that, weve been quite good.

Kazaf

Juniors
Jono078 said:
I'm really excited for when Gidley comes back.

He will be all fresh and fired up to pick up from where he left off.

I like that we are the, so far suprise packets of the year.

If you told me at the beginning of the year that we'd lose Johns after he plays 1 game and we are coming 5th half way into the comp.

I would of said, get lost you idiot :p

So when you look at it like that, weve been quite good.

I'm hoping Kidley can win the Dalley M!!
Better come back quick!

Stuzmeister

Juniors
I'm salivating at the prospect of the lineup:
1. Gidley
6. Mullen
7. Walsh
9. Buderus

If those players can play the majority of the games remaining then we'll challenge a few of the top teams come September. But definitely overachieving with the team we've had so far. Not complaining though. Our young guys have really surprised me. Patto especially. He's easily our number 1 rookie so far this year.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Johns Magic said:
Definitely overachieving.

We aren't as much of a threat as our ladder position suggests.
Nothing like positive thinking eh JM? :crazy:

Johns Magic

Referee
Jobdog said:
Nothing like positive thinking eh JM? :crazy:

I just say what I think.

Our biggest win this season has been by six points, and five of our six wins have come against teams that are 10th or lower on the ladder...the other team was 7th.

All of our wins could have easily gone the other way.

If we'd lost two of those games that we've won, by the bounce of a ball or a missed conversion, all of a sudden we're in second last position, and Nuffy would be having a field day.

This season the Knights have the 4th worst attacking record and the worst defensive record. This is despite having next to no injuries all year.

We're not travelling as well as many would like to think.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Fair point JM.

Maybe I'm just a little too biased for my own good :lol:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I overlooked that part of JM's post. We've hardly had next to no injuries all year.

I put together a team at uni last week of all our players who have missed some time this year. By gee it was a bloody good side, but I can't remember where I put it :(

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Seem to have found the aforementioned team - this is the side of players who have been missing at some stage or another throughout the opening 12 rounds:

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Milton Thaiday
3. Adam MacDougall
4. ?????
5. David Seage
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns (now retired)
8. Mitchell Sargent
9. Danny Buderus
10. Luke Davico (now retired)
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton (though doesn't classify now)
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Todd Polglase
15. Mark Taufua
16. Dan Tolar
17. Terence Seu Seu

Its a pretty decent side IMO.

RABK

Referee
1. Kurt Gidley - Only missed 2 games so far
2. Milton Thaiday - Out for the season after one game
3. Adam MacDougall - Missed only one game
4. David Seage - Yet to get back on the park
5. Todd Polglase - Missed a game through concussion and then 3 due to a hamstring
6. Jarrod Mullen - Missed 1 game
7. Andrew Johns Lasted 84 minutes
8. Mitchell Sargent - Didn't get on the field till round 7 due to Foot injury
9. Danny Buderus - Suspended until round 4
10. Luke Davico Played 1 game
11. Steve Simpson - Only missed 1 game
12. Clint Newton When did he miss a game?
13. Daniel Abraham - Missed 4 games with ankle injury

14. Willie Tupou - Broken leg, has missed 12 weeks?
15. Mark Taufua - Broken Arm, missed one game set to miss many more
16. Dan Tolar - Struggled with same injury as Sargent
17. Terrence Seu Seu - Missed 6 weeks

Johns Magic

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Can't agree with that. God was gone after 84 minutes. Massive blow.

He's no longer part of our squad. What's the point of naming him if he's never going to come back into the side?

Super Sub

Juniors
I'd say that the issue isn't so much quantity of injuries but quality of injuries...

At one stage we had Gidley, Buderus and Simpson all out injured!!! That's basically our 3 best players!!! No coincidence that we got 71 points put on us.

I really couldn't care less about some of the injuries to minor players we have had. The season ending injury to Thaiday for example didn't phase me at all.

But the real issue is that both Gidley and Mullen are injured atm and also the occasional absenses of Bedsy and Simmo has made it even harder.

But with all that being said, I'm really happy with the way the team has pulled itself together even with those losses. The win on the weekend was great. I don't know how we will go against the tigers but as long as we push them to play their best I probably won't mind so much if we lose.

I guess I'm looking forward to both Mullo and Kurt coming back. I think their return will finally be what is needed to push our team into top gear and make a strong case for the finals. And Bedsy was in top form on the weekend, with our other quality players due back soon it's going to get better. I'm excited indeed.

Johns Magic

Referee
Jobdog said:
Seem to have found the aforementioned team - this is the side of players who have been missing at some stage or another throughout the opening 12 rounds:

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Milton Thaiday
3. Adam MacDougall
4. ?????
5. David Seage
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns (now retired)
8. Mitchell Sargent
9. Danny Buderus
10. Luke Davico (now retired)
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton (though doesn't classify now)
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Todd Polglase
15. Mark Taufua
16. Dan Tolar
17. Terence Seu Seu

Its a pretty decent side IMO.

Johns doesn't count.

Thaiday, Seage, Davico, Seu Seu, Tolar, Taufua, Sargent and Polglase struggle to make the side anyway. In fact at full-strength, I think only Tolar and Sargent would make the team.

Abraham's injury was a blessing in disguise for us. Useless at 5/8.

Gidley, MacDougall, Mullen, Buderus and Simpson have missed about 7 games between them through injury.

Newton didn't miss one game through injury.

That is a very kind run when you compare it to the other teams in the competition.

Latest posts