What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Where's the Mongrel?

13Dragons

Juniors
Absolutely agree with Jono.. we got owned all over the park last night, but only lost by 6. If I was the Sharks I would be more worried that they can be that dominant and only win by 6.
In Wayne we trust.

Red_Vee

Juniors
meh, it's round 2. move on. next...

also, much like souths on charity shield game day, it was their grand final so of course they were going to play their best game this season - unquote.

easy to be upset when you get used to winning but no need to worry. we'll come good, we support a very professional mob who know how to get the job done when it matters most.

InThatNumber

Juniors
I grow more confident by the day that Bennett is re-signing with the Dragons. Bunnies are reported as having given up hope of securing him, who knows what is happening at Newcastle with Tinkler and now that the season has started and Wayne starts working day in day out with the players (especially the emerging talent) I think he will realise how good he has it as leader of the Dragons setup.

I just think it was a loss that had to happen, End of Story. The boys have lost before and they will lose again at some point. But they know how to respond. As champion teams do. Win.

RedVDave

First Grade
People need to chillax, Sharks played their absolute best, we played poorly and they only beat us by 6. I am not saying that Costigan & Smith are not losses to our team because they are but thats on top of Young & Weyman being out as well, the boys even though they were outplayed continued to try their hearts out till the final siren, people can't expect these kids (young forward to pack) to instantly fill the void.

bris_panther

Juniors
Godz speaks the truth. It's round 2 people, not round 22.

Same side next week, give the boys a chance to redeem themselves and I guarantee you we'll be looking angry against the Warriors come the weekend.

why does your signature image have three x L in Illawarra?

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
You want mongrel bring on Tommy Raudonikous don't know if i spelt that right, but he'll have them slapping each other silly, or better still bring back Browny to slap Trent LOL.

djdragon

Juniors
Finally got to view the game after not being able to watch on Monday night. Looking for the positives - there was a great fend by Merrin on Smith which flatten Smith :D

djdragon

Juniors
Again on the positive note - Merrin in a beaten pack had the best stats after the amazing figures for Gallen.
Comparing Merrin to the touted Origin prop Snowden:

Stat Snowden Merrin
Minutes 55 51
Tackles 25 35
Penalties con 1 0
Missed tack 6 3
hit ups 16 18
metres 134 141
errors 1 0
offloads 1 2

hardbaby

Coach
I've had my rant, downed some rohypnol and smashed a few bottles of penfolds. I'm ok now. So basically I can't wait for the Warriors. We always do well against this team and the fact that we are down on troups and playing away from home makes me feel even more confident. Backs against the walls and up against a big, mean pack. Righteo let's see how our forwards go this time. Rip in boys!!

hardbaby

Coach
They were great. Very happy with Cuthbo and Gower. Merrin and Hunt were awesome. Great effort by the forwards. And let's face it Morris and Nightingale got in there and helped them ruck it out all game.

InThatNumber

Juniors
I grow more confident by the day that Bennett is re-signing with the Dragons. Bunnies are reported as having given up hope of securing him, who knows what is happening at Newcastle with Tinkler and now that the season has started and Wayne starts working day in day out with the players (especially the emerging talent) I think he will realise how good he has it as leader of the Dragons setup.

I just think it was a loss that had to happen, End of Story. The boys have lost before and they will lose again at some point. But they know how to respond. As champion teams do. Win.

That is it for me making bold predictions....

Latest posts