What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Where's the Mongrel?

Minh

First Grade
I know of a good German Sheperd cross Rotty.:sarcasm:

But my pure bred Rotty is better.;-)

Father Ted

First Grade
And yet grit may turn out to be at least as good a gauge of future success as talent itself. In a series of provocative new studies at the University of Pennsylvania, researchers find that the gritty are more likely to achieve success in school, work and other pursuits—perhaps because their passion and commitment help them endure the inevitable setbacks that occur in any long-term undertaking. In other words, it's not just talent that matters but also character. "Unless you're a genius, I don't think that you can ever do better than your competitors without a quality like grit,"

Minh

First Grade
I had plenty of grit and still didn't get me far lol.

On a serious note the talented ones don't work as hard as the gritty ones who work hard and eventually catch up to the talented ones but are mentally stronger for the extra hours they put in to get there.

SteVez

Juniors
as much as i hate saying this but watching the roosters on saturday night, they had some inspirational moments with some big hits from Moses and Hargreaves. Not a fan of hargreaves cause he is a grub of a player and should have been sent off on saturday.

Point is, who in our team can pull something off like that since we lost Smith and costigan. Who can get up there and put a massive hit on to inspire when things are down during a match.

if we did that against the roosters and storm, i say we win both.

Agree SteVez. Dan Hunt tries every now and then and comes up with the occasional big hit, but it was JWH and Masoe's running with the ball that inspired their team i think. their carries in the last 10 mins were inspirational; and i dont think we have anyone like that. Saffy used to do that for us off the bench..

Minh

First Grade
I think a player like Hargreaves would be perfect for us to throw in the mix of what we already have in the forwards which in spite of what many think is already one of the best forward packs in the comp.

Latest posts