What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who agrees with the team of the 80's

mightybears

Bench
Colonel eel said:

You grew up in the 90's right. Kenny and Ella alternated between centre and 5/8 for much of the time they were together. Kenny forced Lewis out of the Test side in 1982. Lewis should have been moved to lock to accomodate Kenny as opposed to the other way about.

i was born the 70's, i saw a lot of parra matches in the mid 80's as a lot of friends were parra fans [saw the peter sterling 10/10 from rlw, against easts in 87 and a match v saints in 86? where i won the first try scorers double of $50, a great day!]

i know lewis and kenny had a titanic struggle for the rep job up until the mid 80's, and that the zip zip man chopped and changed with kenny
but as i would have lewis at no.6 and not as a lock, i'd pick o'connor ahead of kenny in the centres.

brett kenny was a great player, one of the best [rugby union today has a lesser version in larkham] but wally was great every time i watched an origin match, this is based on a sydney raised perspective of never seeing lewis "live" [only the tv in rep matches] until the early 90's,

1. G Jack
2. E Grothe
3. B Kenny
4. M Meninga
5. K Boustead
6. W Lewis
7. S Mortimer
8. R Price
9. B Lindner
10. G Miles
11. G Dowling
12. B Elias