What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who is the worst coach in the NRL?

Timbo

Staff member
kooriguy said:
dont these weasal raiders fans come out of the woodwork first chance they get to stick it to matt elliot, give it a rest sound like a bunch of whinging ex's.

Try reading some old posts. Most of us were sticking the boot into him well before his tenure in Canberra was over.

sydraider

First Grade
kooriguy said:
dont these weasal raiders fans come out of the woodwork first chance they get to stick it to matt elliot, give it a rest sound like a bunch of whinging ex's.

Not whingin, just pointing out facts, I would be whingin if elliot still had tenure at the club.

Nook

Bench
Tim Sheen's split personality Tyler Durden equivalent who spends Monday nights frantically trying to find a spot for Jason Moodie in his top 17.

sydraider

First Grade
Nook said:
Tim Sheen's split personality Tyler Durden equivalent who spends Monday nights frantically trying to find a spot for Jason Moodie in his top 17.

Thats bullsh*t, sheens won you a comp, how can you complain?

Nook

Bench
I can complain because he keeps selecting Jason Moodie, who clearly just is not up to it.

Sheens is a great coach, has done great things for the club, I'll be eternally grateful for 2005 etc - since when does that mean we aren't entitled to question an extremely dodgy series of selections?

sydraider

First Grade
Nook said:
I can complain because he keeps selecting Jason Moodie, who clearly just is not up to it.

Sheens is a great coach, has done great things for the club, I'll be eternally grateful for 2005 etc - since when does that mean we aren't entitled to question an extremely dodgy series of selections?

Well at least he has a comp to show for his inept selections. Elliot never did for his bulgarelligaffe!

miccle

Bench
_Johnsy said:
Considering Benny has taken the premiers to equal last and no improvement in sight, he is in the top 4 easily.

Definitely having a sh*te year, but nowhere near being the worst coach in the comp IMO. Probably had four really bad years (2003, 2004, 2005 and 2007), but has managed to still make the top eight in three of those (somehow) and the finals aren't yet out of the question in 07.

Moffo

Referee
themanonthehill said:
Nathan Brown has this title sewn up by the length of the flemington straight, the randwick straight, the aintree straight and sha-tin straight combined. What a clown. My mother could have coached that lot to at least one comp in seasons past

i have to agree, brown is a f**king shocker

sheet_ed

Juniors
Anderson, was the best coach for many seasons, but I can only guess that he has signed a "I must behave / gagg" contract with the Roosters.

Can anyone remember when as Anderson been so quiet for so long, he has long been touted as a coach that players admire, then BAM he is quiet as a church mouse and his team goes from high to low in zero seconds. Something is SCREWY at the Roosters - I thing there are too many has been experts in management that want to coach the the team as well.

I feel sorry for coaches as they cop the bunt of bad administration. Look at the worst run clubs (ie idiocy, backstabbing, etc) and look at their teams performance, eg.

Parra, Cronulla, Roosters, Knights, St George, Doggies.

If they left their coaches alonge - they might actually live up to their potential / price tag.

legend

Coach
Brad Drew
Jason Bulgarelli
Tyran Smith
Matt Gafa
David Howell

All proudly brought to you by Matt Elliott.

I simply refuse to believe the rumour about Carney going to Penrith after all the Raiders have done with him and the fact his career was screwed with by Elliott big time, electing to go with Withers over Carney in the halves except when Jason Smith was injured.

Mal Meninga

Bench
The Jason Smith tutoring plan would've been perfect for Toddy if not for the fact they barely played together. Supercoach hand was forced through injuries in mid 2006, and magic we made the finals.

Raider_69

Post Whore
The Elliott myth has been exposed, he and Anderson who is out-dated as a coach, are the worst easily

Moffo

Referee
elliott took a bunch of nuffies through some hard times. id argue that 06 raiders were worse then 07 on paper

who do you think looked after all the current good players at the raiders? of course elliott has an influence in their upbringing. he did very well in the UK as well, to suggest he is the worst is incorrect

Frailty

First Grade
Moffo said:
elliott took a bunch of nuffies through some hard times. id argue that 06 raiders were worse then 07 on paper

who do you think looked after all the current good players at the raiders? of course elliott has an influence in their upbringing. he did very well in the UK as well, to suggest he is the worst is incorrect

If 06 side is worse on paper, thats because Elliot put them on the paper... and besides, Stuart Raper was successful in the UK as well.... Like players, ordinary coaches can succeed over there, but would struggle (as Raper has done).

tbone10

Juniors
obviously Ivan Cleary because Michael Witt is still playing first grade. You just don't win games with him as a 5/8.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Moffo said:

I'd like to hear that arguement!

We're not arguing that Elliot brought some decent players through to first grade. The likes of Purtell, Thompson, and Tongue were developed through the Elliot persistance/policy of never dropping anybody.

Legend : How could you forget the "quality first grader" Kris Kahler.

Yosh

Coach
Waow amazing how no one has mentioned Hagan. Sure everyone at the moment is blinded by Parra's form, but he is a crap coach. Can do with a good team that has been prepared for him, but one or two years, shows what he is really capable of, F**K all...

badav

Bench
_Johnsy your a laugh.

Brian Smiths been around for 23 years. His teams have always been successful to a degree. I know your a St George fan and to most of you guys success is measured absolutely in premierships won, which is surprising to see you dont rate Steve Folkes and Wayne Bennet. But then again i guess anyone who rates a coach on half of this season probably has no idea whats going on.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Yosh said:
Waow amazing how no one has mentioned Hagan. Sure everyone at the moment is blinded by Parra's form, but he is a crap coach. Can do with a good team that has been prepared for him, but one or two years, shows what he is really capable of, F**K all...

Your a f**king idiot, he won you a GF, would've taken you to another 2 in 2002 & 03 hadn't it been for key injuries to Johns etc. One year decimated with injuries and he's crap?

Brian Smith has had sides prepared for him too you tool, he had Mc Craken, Pay, Smith,Bell, Dymock, Raper, Simon etc in the Parra side when he took over, he then went onto buy half the comp ( yeah sign of a great coach:roll: ) and then still couldn't succed.

Smiths coaching as is a myth, how hard is to relase players then pay overs to sign anyone? that's all Brian Does..buys of the shelve, releases 3/4 of them in 2-3 years down the track then does the same thing again over and over.

Latest posts