What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer international outrated by 4 NRL games this week

butchmcdick

Post Whore
im guessing the edit because you had to mention f**ktard.

good use of the edit function

I thought it was appropriate.

I don't think anyone is disputing that league is bigger than soccer in australia but really, internationally, league is a minnow compared to soccer. Which one is more important.

I thought it was appropriate.

I don't think anyone is disputing that league is bigger than soccer in australia but really, internationally, league is a minnow compared to soccer. Which one is more important.

im happy with RL being number 1 in australia hence this thread.

if people around the world like soccer good luck to them

i couldnt give a sh*t what people in italy like.

people in france like to eat snails, does that mean we should copy them

the nrl is far and away a fantastic spectacle.

if we have equivalent level RL in every country in the world i daresay RL would probably be as big as soccer.

vlad

juniors
geez some people are clutching at straws here ... wait until the real qualifiers start and not Australia C v Ghana ... then you'll see more of this ...

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/56973...tv-record.aspx

Japan Game A TV Record

Staff Writer

Jul 23 2007 12:54

The Australia v Japan match on Saturday created a new Australian pay TV record audience with an average of 419,000 people watching the game on Fox Sports.

The Asian Cup quarter final clash had a higher average audience than any program in the history of Australian pay TV, as well as a peak audience of 515,000 during the penalty shoot out.

The match, which saw Australia knocked out in heart-breaking circumstances, also attracted a total audience of 1,029,000, according to ratings recorded by OzTAM Data.

“This is a watershed result for Fox Sports and subscription TV,” said CEO David Malone. “To achieve audiences of this magnitude is a clear indication of the significant growth in subscription TV and further evidence of the viewing numbers we can deliver.

“It also reinforces Fox Sports' investment in Australian sport and the fans are reciprocating by embracing the Socceroos, NRL, AFL, Wallabies and the other sports and teams we proudly broadcast.”

The previous pay TV record was 415,000 (an innings of a New Zealand v Australia Chappell Hadlee cricket match).

--------

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
im a huge football fan, but it didnt even cross my mind to watch this match.

Well then you aren't a massive fan, are you?

You're a Eurosnob that thinks watching Barca makes you a 'huge' fan. It doesn't.

If you were a huge fan you'd be out watching A-League, the Socceroos C Team and even the state league.

look you worked it out by yourself.

soccer in this country is a minor sport.

RL in this country is not.

Australia consist of NSW, WA, SA, Victoria, Queensland, Tasmania, Nth Territories & ACT . League is a minor sport in five of those eight states and territories . :sarcasm:

the nrl is far and away a fantastic spectacle.
Say's who ? You:lol:

if we have equivalent level RL in every country in the world i daresay RL would probably be as big as soccer.
Im sure the AFL has more crowds than the NRL every week but you are allow to dream on this forum if you want .:D

griff

Bench
Australia consist of NSW, WA, SA, Victoria, Queensland, Tasmania, Nth Territories & ACT . League is a minor sport in five of those eight states and territories . :sarcasm:

totalling up the number of states and territories is the most intellectually stupid measure of a sports popularity.

Say's who ? You:lol:

Im sure the AFL has more crowds than the NRL every week but you are allow to dream on this forum if you want .:D

What are you doing in here Howler?

Tell me, the Super14 season had 2.3 million viewers and SOO #1 had 3.3 million viewers, taking that into account, why are you such a genius?

Cheezel

Juniors
Australia consist of NSW, WA, SA, Victoria, Queensland, Tasmania, Nth Territories & ACT . League is a minor sport in five of those eight states and territories .

Say's who ? You

Im sure the AFL has more crowds than the NRL every week but you are allow to dream on this forum if you want .

Porkie telling Irish Warrior.....You are still gracing us with your League bashing posts :lol: What ever you do please don't start the Samoan RU thing again!:lol:

Just in case you did not know Warrior Yawnion is a minor sport in 4 states and territories and hardly exists in the remaining!

If crowds was the be all and end all of sport cricket would cease to exist!

geez some people are clutching at straws here ... wait until the real qualifiers start and not Australia C v Ghana ... then you'll see more of this ...

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/56973...tv-record.aspx

Japan Game A TV Record

Staff Writer

Jul 23 2007 12:54

The Australia v Japan match on Saturday created a new Australian pay TV record audience with an average of 419,000 people watching the game on Fox Sports.

The Asian Cup quarter final clash had a higher average audience than any program in the history of Australian pay TV, as well as a peak audience of 515,000 during the penalty shoot out.

The match, which saw Australia knocked out in heart-breaking circumstances, also attracted a total audience of 1,029,000, according to ratings recorded by OzTAM Data.

“This is a watershed result for Fox Sports and subscription TV,” said CEO David Malone. “To achieve audiences of this magnitude is a clear indication of the significant growth in subscription TV and further evidence of the viewing numbers we can deliver.

“It also reinforces Fox Sports' investment in Australian sport and the fans are reciprocating by embracing the Socceroos, NRL, AFL, Wallabies and the other sports and teams we proudly broadcast.”

The previous pay TV record was 415,000 (an innings of a New Zealand v Australia Chappell Hadlee cricket match).

--------

wow, so soccer can get 400,000 watching a game once or twice a year.

i can see loads of tv companies lining up for that.

and the fact that union outrates the A League, well just ignore that.

soccer is a minor sport. its doing well by taking the place of union with the success of the socceroos. be interesting to see which sport out of those 2 fails.

Hanscholo

Bench
RL is better to watch on TV than soccer or AFL, it just comes across better imo. The other codes are more interesting to watch live in some respects. Interesting to see that RL is so strong on TV, yet we have a piss poor TV rights deal, lolable.

Slippers

Juniors
lol dally you are truly dellusional if you actually believe what you are saying.

The A-league has only been alive for 3 years.

I have an undying passion for league, but the sleeping giant that is soccer in Australia hasn't even started to wake. Believe me, it will.

vlad

juniors
wow, so soccer can get 400,000 watching a game once or twice a year.

i can see loads of tv companies lining up for that.

and the fact that union outrates the A League, well just ignore that.

soccer is a minor sport. its doing well by taking the place of union with the success of the socceroos. be interesting to see which sport out of those 2 fails.

"minor sport" with a record rating .... best you crawl back under your rock before you make an even bigger fool of yourself :lol:

"minor sport" with a record rating .... best you crawl back under your rock before you make an even bigger fool of yourself :lol:

minor as in average ratings less than RU which comes a long last from the winter football codes.

where the A League GF was outrated by the chairty shield match.
:lol:

lol dally you are truly dellusional if you actually believe what you are saying.

The A-league has only been alive for 3 years.

I have an undying passion for league, but the sleeping giant that is soccer in Australia hasn't even started to wake. Believe me, it will.

why would the a league ever amount to much when any talent that australia produce that are any good will be overseas.

its a has been and never were league.

still if some australians want to pretend its the PL, good luck to them

Latest posts