What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Out!

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
its not fair to do anything to the Parra vs Cowboys game I dont think as theyve paid and expected telstra and i guess thats what they get.
If the NRL could work out somthing with the Tigers\Dragons\Aussie stadium im sure all supporters would have no problems moving to telstra

jamesgould

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
yeah maybe, but theres no doubting the Tigers Saints games would draw one of the greatest non grand final crowds in NRL history if not the greatest

but being realistic its not possible. youd have to cancel 40 000 Tigers VS St George already sold tickets already and probably 20 000 already sold parra vs cowboys tickets

Yeah, unfortunately it's an impossibility.

I have never understood why these two games aren't switched around anyway, though. You would think it would be fairer to give the Tigers another day to recover from Sunday's game, and you would also think that as the minor preimiers that Parramatta should get the extra day to prepare for the grand final ahead of St George!

Eddie.

Bench
The NRL's ticket selling system is a disgrace

With holding a whole 2000 tickets for the winner of yesterdays game and selling them all 1 week in advance to dragons fans knowing they are through There basically saying we dont care who comes to the game.

over 20000 Wests Tigers fans have will be missing out on this game. I mean do i have to book tickets for next seasons finals now?? or in november?? i wouldnt be surprised - Ordinary stuff NRL.

ozboy

Juniors
Shows why the game should have been moved to Telstra Stadium.

Typical NRL attitude, putting themselves ahead of what is good for the game, especially when you consider the Swans are playing in an AFL Grand Final this weekend.

Maybe we should change the motto of the NRL, what's not good for the game.

legend

Coach
Why can't both games be played at Tesltra without the need for rescheduling? I'm assuming it's the barcode related stuff with the tickets but surely for the good fo the game a workable solution can be found?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
im sorry is it that hard to understand the processes which have to go ahead to move two big events?

No it's the sh*t you're talking about ticket numbers and then the fact that you think with 5 days until the game that it's feasible to once again move a game to which a full quota of tickets has already been sold.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
The NRL and their stupid programming and ticketing policys are bad for the game. Both venues were booked and tickets shouldn't have gone on sale until the teams were decided. Add this to the scalping they encorage by selling way too many grandfinal tickets months before the game is going to happen to have people selling tickets for 5-6 times face value is just a joke. The Grandfinal would sell out if tickets were put on sale 4 days before the game so why they persist with is a joke. While the NRL might be in control over the best sport in Australia they are just about the worst controlling body in Australia too.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Errrr have you not heard anything about tickets that are being sold for more than they're worth?

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
dodge said:
No it's the sh*t you're talking about ticket numbers and then the fact that you think with 5 days until the game that it's feasible to once again move a game to which a full quota of tickets has already been sold.

"but being realistic its not possible. youd have to cancel 40 000 Tigers VS St George already sold tickets already and probably 20 000 already sold parra vs cowboys tickets"

Read it again, did i say it should be moved? I said it should be but realistically its impossible. Now read things properly before making stupid comments.

Choppies

Coach
Nickeel said:
Easy to say, but on a personal level, I have my tickets for Sunday afternoon - bought them a week ago, once I knew for certain on which day we were playing.

I can't make it on Saturday night, as I have other commitments.

The venue - Aussie v Telstra - doesn't worry me, but the date does. I would be more than happy for the powers that be to switch the Saturday night game to Telstra, but to go switching the dates and times less than a week out from the biggest game of the year so far is not really an option. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this way, either.

Nick

No I mean keep the times but change the venues, Tigers V Saints on Saturday night at Telstra and Eels V Cowboys on the sunday arvo at Aussie.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors

Sun_Down

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
I know a couple of season ticket holders from the Tigers who were unable to get tickets after lining up at 9am this morning. If anyone deserves to be able to get tickets, it's season ticket holders.

What a disgrace.

No disgrace. Its bloody great that it is going to be a sellout

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Sun_Down said:
No disgrace. Its bloody great that it is going to be a sellout

That's all well and good.

But too bad to the tens of thousands of Tigers supporters who will miss out.

An 80,000 seat stadium and they don't even use it properly.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Its hard to change a finals venue in the space of 7 days, especially when theyre Sydney teams. People like me wouldve already bought tickets to those events and if they changed venues you wouldve lost your good seat. I dont know what wouldve happened if they really did, would they give you a choice of where you want to seat. A bit hard to do that before the match, I'd like to see it happen but it wouldve impossible.