What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solo: A Star Wars Story

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Really??

I thought it looked pretty shite from the trailer...

The kid who’s playing Han doesn’t really look the part.

Doesn't look or sound the part. No charisma. The scary thing is they usually save the best bits for the trailer.

It's hard to imagine him opposite Emilia Clarke who hardly manages to portray a wide range of facial expressions or emotion as well.

On the plus side, Lando - nailed it. Vidually. Hope the performance backs it up. If he does it wouldn't shock me in the least to see a Lando spin off while Han fades away to the background.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Thought the trailer looked pretty meh, but I was excited after TLJ trailer so it doesn’t always mean much.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Which performances required him to play a charismatic character did he fail at?

He was pretty good in Hail Ceasar which was impressive given how sh*t the movie was.

adamkungl

Immortal
This movie could be flawless (ok obviously it won't) but the majority of discourse will still be about how they dare recast Han Solo.

jargan83

Coach
On the plus side, Lando - nailed it. Vidually. Hope the performance backs it up. If he does it wouldn't shock me in the least to see a Lando spin off while Han fades away to the background.

Donald Glover as Lando probably sold the movie better than old mate who is playing Han Solo.

myrrh ken

First Grade
A lando spinoff wouldve been much better. A han spinoff is too obvious and probably not that interesting. Weve already seen his character develop in the other movies.

Zoidberg

First Grade
If you don’t go in to this wiling to accept Harrison Ford isn’t Han in this movie you will not like it. Gotta give this guy a chance.

LESStar58

Referee
My biggest fear is that Han walks around with his balls in Emilia Clarke's purse for the entire film.

vvvrulz

Coach
What an average trailer; no energy or wit, no teases, no images or lines stuck out, and worst of all it never once felt like Han Solo on screen - more like his biggest 12 year old fan donning the kit and imagine playing a big space adventure.

LESStar58

Referee
What an average trailer; no energy or wit, no teases, no images or lines stuck out, and worst of all it never once felt like Han Solo on screen - more like his biggest 12 year old fan donning the kit and imagine playing a big space adventure.

But we've all done that which is part of the appeal!

Latest posts