What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Interesting Titbit New On The Eels & Souths

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Would you rather Robson as half over Tim Smith?

Horses for courses Tezza: As coach I would create a different team structure and game plan built around Tim Smith if he was with the Eels, but he is not, and we have Robson instead, so I would create a team structure and game plan built around Robbo to suit Robbo's strengths.

Either of these 7's running the team will/would win the 2010 premiership for the Eels.

As the final stages of the 2009 season unfolded I got to see just how good Robbo really is and that performance in the GF preliminary against the Dogs convinced me he had ALL the right qualities of a General leading and organising the Eels 2010 campaign of winning that premiership.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Horses for courses Tezza: As coach I would create a different team structure and game plan built around Tim Smith if he was with the Eels, but he is not, and we have Robson instead, so I would create a team structure and game plan built around Robbo to suit Robbo's strengths.

Either of these 7's running the team will/would win the 2010 premiership for the Eels.

As the final stages of the 2009 season unfolded I got to see just how good Robbo really is and that performance in the GF preliminary against the Dogs convinced me he had ALL the right qualities of a General leading and organising the Eels 2010 campaign of winning that premiership.

The 2010 squad is finalised, the players arent going any where except we need a halfback. Robo and Timmy are both free and are keen to come to the Eels on the cheapest deal possible. Who do you choose? Which of the next 2 Sterlos make Caspers team.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
The 2010 squad is finalised, the players arent going any where except we need a halfback. Robo and Timmy are both free and are keen to come to the Eels on the cheapest deal possible. Who do you choose? Which of the next 2 Sterlos make Caspers team.

With DA coach and PO ceo and the great support team now in place, I would pick Tim Smith because there is at least another 7 years in Tim while with Robbo there is only a few years left.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
With DA coach and PO ceo and the great support team now in place, I would pick Tim Smith because there is at least another 7 years in Tim while with Robbo there is only a few years left.

Ok, now we're getting somewhere.

So Tim Smith is halfback, Robbo is off killing it in the NFL. Who would be captain?

Eelementary

Post Whore
The substance that I claim is sh*t is your belief that Robson is the greatest halfback that the game of rugby league has ever had. To come and say that a player who has played a dozen NRL games in his career should be captain is ludicrous. Robson is going to have a battle on his hands to retain his spot in the number 7 jersey let alone be captain, represent NSW in the number 7 jersey be the face of rugby league and the new leader of the Liberal Party. Pull your head in son.

How is that different from handing the captaincy to a 21-year old prop?

Some people, irrespective of experience, are born leaders. Some are born followers. Perhaps Jeff Robson is a born leader.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
if you're an 80 minute player you need to be have your spot cemented before you're even considered for any leadership roles. robson will be at wenty by round 6

caylo will always be club captain.

Stagger eel

Staff member
if you're an 80 minute player you need to be have your spot cemented before you're even considered for any leadership roles. robson will be at wenty by round 6

caylo will always be club captain.

while you're at it, can you tell us how we went in the first five rounds..:)

Stagger eel

Staff member
so hayne playing out of position had nothing to do with it?:crazy:

I meant the first 5 rounds next year..obviously declaring that Robo will be playing for Wenty by round 6, I would of thought you'd have the first 5 rounds worth of results infront of you...

Captain BF

Juniors
I meant the first 5 rounds next year..obviously declaring that Robo will be playing for Wenty by round 6, I would of thought you'd have the first 5 rounds worth of results infront of you...
I'm guessing we can't be going too well if we have dumped our starting half back to Wenty. That's ok because we almost always start slowly... :lol:

Parra Bellum

Juniors
How is that different from handing the captaincy to a 21-year old prop?

Some people, irrespective of experience, are born leaders. Some are born followers. Perhaps Jeff Robson is a born leader.

If we're talking about natural born leaders... and youth... Tim Mannah was Australian Schoolboys Captain. I understand he is taking on a larger role this year off the field so he's not scared of responsibility. I reckon, with the right mentoring from Cayless, might be a very good option for Captain down the track.

TheParraboy

Staff member
"Whilst I might not agree with what you say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it"...awww maybe not to the death!!!. After all it is only a football forum.
Those tactic sound like the St George tactics of the 60s, unlimited tackle..
Bash em....
You make sense to me TPB. I see where you're coming from....:)

thanks brother

I forgot to mention, Id really like to see Dean Young sh*t himself first scrum of the match :D

The Engineers Room

First Grade
If we're talking about natural born leaders... and youth... Tim Mannah was Australian Schoolboys Captain. I understand he is taking on a larger role this year off the field so he's not scared of responsibility. I reckon, with the right mentoring from Cayless, might be a very good option for Captain down the track.

In at least 2-3 years I would agree. But he still looks a little out of his depth in the NRL, big improvement but still a way to go to be an effective leader of the team.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I agree.

My point was just that Joey Jo Jo mentioned that handing the captaincy to an inexperienced player would be a bad idea. Cayless was given the captaincy as a very young man and he's a great clubman.

Latest posts