What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some NZ newspaper coverage...

Crippler

Juniors
wow 70000 in just december alone not including january?

HES would of made a couple of million profit already assuming the game was sold at $99 bucks everywhere. :)

Goleel

Juniors
Makes you realise how far behind PC gaming is compared to the consoles. The PC version is the best by miles too, so a lot of people have missed out.

[furrycat]

Coach
Yeah it is disappointing people only wanted to get the game for a console. But it was not heavily advertised for the PC, if at all. I always have preferred games for PC, not just because it allows me to play around with the coding, but because the graphics are a million times better and there is always the possibility of having a patch released that could fix the little niggles.

SP

Bench
i got the PS2 one, because at the time i pre orded it, i had a crappy old computer, and i knew it wouldnt work on it

but i may get a pc version this yr sometime since i have now got a new computer

Kickit

Juniors
Crippler said:
wow 70000 in just december alone not including january?

HES would of made a couple of million profit already assuming the game was sold at $99 bucks everywhere. :)

It doesn't quite work that way unfortunately. There are a number of people with fingers in the $99 pie including the retailers and the manufacturer's (in the case of consoles) but I'm sure they're doing pretty well :D

Mario

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Do you have an exact figure for the UK mario? Australian state-by-state breakdowns?

I have more detailed information but am unable to release it to the public.

The best I can do is say that NSW and QLD account for the majority of sales in Australia.

Rocks

Juniors
With 70% of sales being on the PS2 platform, I hope SIDHE pay alot more attention to the PS2 version of the game ahead of the other platforms in the future.

I'm no game developer, but I assume each console requires its own special attention to get the best out of the hardware. I am sure more could be done with the PS2 hardware. This should be the priority.

The XBox and PC versions should be after thoughts.

MrCharisma

Bench
Problem if attention was on PS2 would be the fact that the individual would have to re-purchase the updates, unlike PC's where you can use your existing game and just add them on, like The Sims Expansions.