What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some of you fellas could have joined in

Humphrey

Juniors
Im really diappointed with a lot of the Kiwis today. Felt Stacey was out there on his own half the time not to mention Webster
Rauhihi, Toopi, Webb, Vatuvei, Anderson you guys in particular hang your heads in shame.

Well done to the Pommies they lifted it a notch

bartman

Immortal
They've now got a nervous week ahead, instead of having made sure of their spot. Not sure what the difference was this time compared to two weeks ago?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
colonel_123 said:
Paul Rauhihi's stats:

17 tackles, 6 hit ups, 48 metres, 1 off load, 1 mis-tackle

Paleaaesina should be playing imo. Has been outstanding every time for the Kiwis and NZA.

Blaze

Juniors
Charge said:
You can only play as well as the opposition let you.

Great Britan played well.. but not well enough to win by 26 points on their own. They were helped by inept defending at times. Still, on the positive side, makes for a great game next week and I am still optimistic we will make it to the final

Iafeta

Referee
Some of the Kiwis defense straight up the guts was worse than any primary school game of rugby league I've ever seen. Coat hanger tackles, shirt grabbing tackles - the Kiwis showed a complete lack of interest in that game.

And then, in between times lost their heads completely and gave away the most gutless penalties of all time. Kidwell should get his head examined, deadset. That guy must have rocks for brains.

Hopefully they still make the final and thats the tonic to put a rocket back up their jacksees. Because quite frankly, if they turn up with that mindset against Australia they'll be towelled by 70.

I think they were just going through the motions waiting till the final. Yet with that result they mite not be there.

Stacey was terrible Awen was ordinary etc

Paleasiina for the final as well as Pritchard

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Just watched the first half (I was unable to watch it this morning.) I'm guessing that's the worst of it? Dunno why Vatuvei was criticized as he tried hard. Lauiti'iti and Asotasi in particular seemed to struggle on defence, Rauhihi is way past it imo, and Vagana isn't really adding much.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Also, Asotasi has veered between mediocre (ball in hand) and dreadful (at times on defence) so far. Extremely disappointing as I am a huge fan. Pritchard + Puletua + Paleaaesina could take Asotasi, Rauhihi and Kidwell's places imo.

BatiFan

Juniors
Kidwell imo offers very little. Would much prefer to see Tony Puletua or Frank Pritchard out there instead of him. Also, if they want to stiffen things up in the middle of the ruck, play Louis Anderson at lock and let him work in the middle corridor. He is an excellent defender and goes all game.

mattyj

Juniors
What has the ESL done to Lauititi's head?. He seems to be playing like an over arrogant cheap shot punk. Especially after the try he scored in the dying minutes, what an idiot. I think he needs focus on going back to the type of player who actually does the buisness on the park before he starts that rubbish.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
lol mattyj I just came on to make that exact post.

I've read a lot about how Ali is apparently taking on a "leadership role" in the team. This was being talked up as a major positive but I'm not so sure.

Ali is carrying on like an idiot and always trying to start niggle. Unfortunately he is only showing it in off the ball incidents, he is tackling and carrying the ball like an old lady. Very disappointing from one of my all time favourite players.

I'm only just watching the game now as mentioned. Thought Vatuvei played very well, don't get the initial criticism.

kiwi_man

Juniors
he possibly needed a breather, my team for the final (pray to the lord we are going to the final) this is it:***assuming stace and nigel are unavailable.
1.B. Webb
2.J. Webster
3.P. Whatuira/C. Toopi
4.S. Hape/C. Toopi
5.M. Vatuvei
6.M. Tony
7.R. Paul
8.R. Wiki
9.D. Faiumu
10.P. Rauhihi
11.F. Pritchard
12.D. Solomona (our best player today IMO)
13.D. Kidwell

14.L. Anderson
15.R. Asotasi
16.I. Paleasena
17.T. Puletua

Imo we need to get some real size going again, those so called work horses like awen had an absolute shocker today also every1 seems to criticise pritchards defence i bet it is better then wat ali or awen are producing at this time and what about puletua?!?! on his day he is one of the best 2nd rowers in the world.

1stNov2000

Juniors
What's happened to Ali Lauiti'iti, he was one of the best second rowers when he left the NRL. I've since seen him play in the world club challenge, ESL grand final, 2 Kiwi games this year, he is definitely not the same man who played for the Warriors.
I think Lauiti'iti, Hape and Guttenbeil should be rested if they play the final. Kidwell's discipline was disappointing again and there was a try begging when he delayed a pass with players outside him near the line.

1stNov2000

Juniors
Imagine if Britain beats Australia by 10 points or more, the Aussies will be out. That'll be enough to motivate the Kangaroos though.

Art Vanderlay

Juniors
Selection policy for that test was a shocker!

What was the coach thinking?? he didnt know GB would come fighting?? Selection of the team should of included Frank P, Tony P, Paul W. all we had to do was to protect our point difference!! Can the coach count?

I only hope the NZRL board have a word in his ear.......mate that was a schoker and you could of cost NZRL it biggest day in the past decade!!!

The Clan

Juniors
Lauit'ti was not one of the best 2nd rowers in the NRL when he left!
He was'nt even making the Warriors team

His game had gone and he was'nt a shadow of the player that won the award a year earlier.

He was in danger of qitting the game when the offers fron SL came in.

He has'nt been a raging success for the Leeds team either.

On the other side of the coin you get David Solomona!

Supposedly not good enough for the NRL he came to Wakefield and has improved out of this world.

He's probably been the form 2nd rower in the Tri Nations over the 4 games he's played.

Its not the ESL you need to be looking at its Ali himself!

Latest posts