What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some players knew

El Diablo

Post Whore
Just heard Hadley say that Greg Baxter found this out and they are also apparently massively over the cap. much more than reported

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if it were anyone other than Hadley, it might be believable

Iafeta

Referee
I will be interested to see some remnants of proof. What would happen to those players I wonder?

El Diablo

Post Whore
if it were anyone other than Hadley, it might be believable

Baxter is on 2GB now saying it.

They have emails that they say prove that various people at the Storm who denied knowledge of the rorting appear to have lied

oldmancraigy

Coach
WOW THIS IS BREAKING NEWS

Great scoop Hadley - but from the very start of the scandal the papers reported how Hanson produced copies of 2 contracts that had been signed by players. The allegations viewed by Fairfax are that 11 players have had dual contracts.

SOURCE: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...s-blow-out-to-11-contracts-20100501-tzn2.html

That's dated 1st May....

I recall reading an earlier SMH article on this (quote in some other thread that I can't be bothered finding now) which named Smith, Inglis and Slater as 3 of the players. If someone reads through the other threads or googles it they might find a link, until they do we can say that Smith, Inglis and Slater are just subjects of my conjecture - ie, I'm SUPPOSING that they are 3 of the 11 players in the above article.

I've said all along the players KNEW they were cheating - what sort of dope signs 2 contracts for different amounts - one to be sent to the NRL (the lower amount), one to be kept at club level (the higher amount)??

And if it was the practice with the big name players, one might also assume that it was the practice with a host of other players too.... particularly in light of allegations that surfaced later that the breach was much more than first predicted!

(is that better mods?)

El Diablo

Post Whore
you don't think he'd just make it up?

he hinted at it already yesterday http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/collapse-of-storm-was-feared-20100604-xkrn.html

He also suggested that the role of some players in the salary cap rorting was now less clear.

''What we have found so far suggests that the scale of the problem is larger than first thought by the NRL and it involves more people than first thought by the NRL,'' Mr Baxter said. ''Some time ago … we said there was no evidence of complicity by players and we did not know who was complicit among management. What I'm now saying is the scale of complicity among players and management is far less clear than what it was in April.''

El Diablo

Post Whore
Rothfield on 2GB saying one player actually had 3 contracts

it will be in the DT tomorrow

Mickyd39

Juniors
WTF does Falou going to AFL have to do with cheating the salary cap and the penalty dish out to the cheaters. FFS

After this court case i hope News Ltd pull the pin on this team and we can all sit back and watch them die a slow death.Happy days.

oldmancraigy

Coach
i dont think he would but im sick of hints and subterfuge if he knows something just come out and say it!

from the very start of the scandal the papers reported how Hanson produced copies of 2 contracts that had been signed by players. The allegations viewed by Fairfax are that 11 players have had dual contracts.

SOURCE: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugb...0501-tzn2.html

Um? If the Fairfax journos viewed the contracts and wrote about it already then surely that's proof there?

More to the point is how long it takes for all this to be made clear to us...

TheDalek079

Bench
two contracts does not necessarily mean the players signed both of them...they may have faked the signature on the other one, or have the signature copied onto it

Evenflow

Bench
Rothfield on 2GB saying one player actually had 3 contracts

it will be in the DT tomorrow

Once again you spend 99% of your time sh*t canning the telegraph and the Sydney media in general yet when they come up with something that suits your agenda/argument/obsession/delusion you take it as gospel. Conversely if someone made a thread about something that went against your agenda/argument/obsesion/delusion without providing a link you'd be onto them like a fly on sh*t asking for a link or would call total bullsh*t.

Jesus you're a sad f**king knob :lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
anyways one had 3

i'm not sure if Rothfield said he would be naming himg him in tomorrows DT. we'll find out

Latest posts