What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some players knew

El Diablo

Post Whore
xpovoz.jpg

meltiger

First Grade
^ :lol:

I wouldn't get too excited about this thread coming to fruition btw

I'd be shocked if they name/punish any players involved. Last thing the NRL wants is a player challenging the salary cap in court.

^ :lol:

I wouldn't get too excited about this thread coming to fruition btw

I'd be shocked if they name/punish any players involved. Last thing the NRL wants is a player challenging the salary cap in court.
its not just up to the nrl the media are all over it look at the leaks coming out of deloitte's now do you you really think if they found concrete evidence a player was involved that it wouldnt be tomorrow's headline?

meltiger

First Grade
Depends on what actually finds it's way into the report

I hope i'm wrong mate, I just get the feeling they will at worst, make excuses for the players in an attempt to avoiding punishing the cheats

Loudstrat

Coach
If they find that a player knew (which I am certain they already have) - they will most likely confront that player and discipline them in private somehow. They will only come to light if dragged into this court case. The media is being very cagey with this one, compared to the usual hurried slander and the "outrage" by DUI Bec, Rothfield, Grimshaw, some obscure Nationals senator from Queensland and Germaine Greer.

Depends on what actually finds it's way into the report

I hope i'm wrong mate, I just get the feeling they will at worst, make excuses for the players in an attempt to avoiding punishing the cheats
the report isnt even out yet and details are being leaked i think theres no way something big like that could be in the report and not make its way to the media i bet the telegraph gets a copy of the report before the nrl does

God-King Dean

Immortal
Players won't get punished IMO.

It's doubtful they'd be able to prove it - even if it's obvious - & all they'd have to do is plead ignorance.

joseph1

Juniors
If theres concrete proof of multiple players being aware of cheating the cap, it will come out. Simply because the foolish storm are taking the nrl to court. This is the worst decision of the whole thing. The nrl will fire back 'heres proof of systematic cheating, we have the right to not only dock points and premierships, but also to deregister players and boot out your club for central
coast.' they dont want to do all those things but they sure as hell dont want to lose the court case. Melbourne storm should shut up and keep their heads down and hope for the best.

stormbati

Bench
So, through you fellas eyes the Storm players are guilty already? If anything, those emails lean in favour of Cam Smith not knowing.

Keep dreaming boys, the players are innocent.

Fein

First Grade
So, through you fellas eyes the Storm players are guilty already? If anything, those emails lean in favour of Cam Smith not knowing.

:lol::lol::lol:

I know who's f**king dreaming, "storm boy".

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

if you seriously believe that, I think you're the one who's dreaming

manly40gimps0

Juniors
MELBOURNE Storm's celebrating Queenslanders could be brought back to earth, with the findings of the Deloitte investigation expected to suggest some of them knew about the salary cap rorting.
After defeating New South Wales in Wednesday night's State-of-Origin finale, Storm's big four - Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk and Greg Inglis - returned to Melbourne on Thursday all smiles.
But the impending release of the investigation findings by the club's owner News Limited, publisher of the Herald Sun, could precede a cull of their teammates and possibly tarnish their reputations.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...igin-celebration/story-e6frfgbo-1225889605522

Latest posts