What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some players off contract

Redback71

First Grade
luke priddis
ben ross
paul stringer
matt orford
kurt gidley
jason ryles
matt head
brent kite
dean young
glenn morrison
hazem el masri
ryan cross
darren lockyer
david peachey
steve menzies
john skandalis

UPDATE

Knights players off contract
Kennedy
Woolnough
Newton
Carmont
Seage
richardson
lowrie
O'Davies
Parsons

i like woolnough and carmont

Redback71

First Grade
personaly id go after

brent kite
glen morrison
luke priddis
dean young
el masri
gidley

although im sure there respective clubs will retain them before the dead line

The Colonel

Immortal
With Ryles, Kite and Young off contract it wouldn't be bad to chase one of the three as you could assume that someone may go. Young is a good tough kid however we don't have many hassles in the back and front row..... aside from injury at the moment - though if we were top say goodbye to a few players at the end of this season he would be one I'd chase.

Ryan Cross isn't too bad.

Joel Monaghan is off contract with the Raiders and he'd be a good pick up for the centres......

Redback71

First Grade
is utai still off contract

noticed the dogs dumped him to pemmies must of had a bad game

strider

Post Whore
Lyon said:
Chris Anderson?
We need a Winning Culture.

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris would set about getting rid of all who were here before he came....Hindy, Caylo, Grothe - too much baggage, all bad for the club, must go.

On the bright side, the halfback woes would be fixed - little Brett would be sure to come running with Chrisy.

So we'd have a team with a halfback and ummmmm......hmmm.....maybe Phil "Thick Head" Bailey might come too :?

Eelectrica

Referee
Matt orford if he was still available. An Orford and Dykes combo has the potential to win us a premiership.
Failing that, Morrison could be our half lock :p

As for coaches, I'm sure John Cartwright could be bought across. As it would be his rookie season as first grade coach, it probably wouldn't even cost Fitzy that much.

Eels Dude

Coach
luke priddis - re-signed with Penrith today so no chance at him
ben ross - Could be a good prospect, still young, lot of potential
paul stringer - We don't need any more experienced props
matt orford - I'd still like to see Witt as our long term halfback, would be too expensive anyway
kurt gidley - Could be a handy utility player, doubt he'd leave Newcastle though
jason ryles - Too expensive
matt head - Haven't seen a enough of him to comment
brent kite - Could be a good buy
dean young - Haven't seen enough of him to comment
glenn morrison - Great player, pricey though, and I don't think we should be investing in an experienced back rower, best finding some young talent or persevering with our own
hazem el masri - Nah, he's overated
ryan cross - We need another centre, I don't think he's as good as most say he is but could gel at Parra
darren lockyer - No chance
david peachey - Past his prime
steve menzies - It was crazy to offer him 400K 3 or 4 years ago, old and wise but we don't need another expensive forward
john skandalis - Not as a starter

dazeely

First Grade
Morrison and/or all out for Lockyer.

Morrison would be great for helping Hindy out with the massive workload they both do and for the intimidation/enthusiasm factor....

i think morrison would be the top of my list, he was awsome in the city\counry game...and a weekly performer...gee him and hindy what a second row.....but what would happen to hopkins??? i think he is a similar style player, good defense and can attack as well as play a few positions....

As for widders at lock, i don't think it is good, he should be off the bench into the 2nd row or centres for mine....

fish eel

Immortal
think morrison would be the top of my list, he was awsome in the city\counry game...and a weekly performer...gee him and hindy what a second row

Then put Wagon to lock, and collectively you get at least over 100 tackles a match!