What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some soft prick claims RL is leagalised thuggery

LESStar58

Referee
Outlaw more than two in a tackle?!?! The day that happens is the day rugby league loses it's soul. As for the SC; it's outlawed in juniors right up to under 18s so all this nonsense about mums worried about their sons doesn't wash with me. At senior level if you can execute them properly what's the problem?

joshreading

Staff member
He also makes a comment about wanting to watch athletes. The reality is I want to watch footballers not simply athletes.

The Shoulder Charge is one of the key distinctions RL has OVER Rugby Union. It would be RIDICULOUS to get rid of it. It is one of the most brutiful things in RL.

The two man tackle 'could' have potential not so much in reducing injuries but possibly creating increased off loads, second phase play.

joshreading

Staff member
I think it might be worth trialling the 2 man tackle except in the ten. Might create more room for attacking off loads rather than players simply trying to shut the player down rather than bring them to the ground