What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Stats.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
But unlike the other wingers you mention Ken hasn't had the players inside him to set him up...
Actually, I disagree with this part as of this year. I'm sorry Rich but Kens tries this year has been the result of the good work from those inside him. Even if it was a small window of opportunity (made even smaller by his lack of speed to get to the corner) his insides have still put him away.

On another note - look at RTS face when he feeds Ken and nothing comes of it. RTS clearly gives a look of disdain towards Ken. Maybe its just me but its that look like 'youre useless'.

TheDMC

Bench
Hes not a line breaker so I dont know why people would think hes the best when you got Josh Addo Carr, Blake Fergusson, Nick Cotric, Corey Oates etc...THOSE are wingers. MY idea of real wingers anyway ;)

Not hard to be the man in a mediocre team. If anything, this is where mediocrity gets rewarded, especially under Kearney.

Jeepers you know how to fabricate shit to "strengthen" your argument. Exactly who are these people who have claimed Maumolo is the best?

Blake Ferguson is your idea of a real winger? He and Maumolo have a very similar style of play and attributes...though Ferguson is a bit better and faster.

And finally, not that I think Ken is a great line breaker in the true sense of the word, he is fourth in the competition on that stat this year....

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Jeepers you know how to fabricate shit to "strengthen" your argument. Exactly who are these people who have claimed Maumolo is the best?
Throw your eyes around and have a look. He's not the best or one of the best. Like I said - it depends in what you want in a winger. Obviously your likes align with Kearneys..Ken is the product of the process.
Blake Ferguson is your idea of a real winger? He and Maumolo have a very similar style of play and attributes...though Ferguson is a bit better and faster.
Fergusson is better I agree. He clearly breaks the line, down the side line and try time. Ken does this right, you know - WINGER shit? nope.
And finally, not that I think Ken is a great line breaker in the true sense of the word, he is fourth in the competition on that stat this year....
BUHAHAHA Ken the line breaker? Really? You think Ken is a line breaker? Oh no, you're just telling me about a stat but you don't actually believe that Ken is one of our line breakers. You had me worried there. Stats dont tell the full story and the truth is Ken is not a real line breaker.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Tries scored count as line breaks. Seeing as we're one of the worst at scoring from kicks and our inability to score from long range it's safe to assume that most of his line breaks are from tries at close range.

Stats are nice, but there's so much they don't show.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
35hcbr.jpg

Were coming 11th.

Iafeta

Referee
Focus on the part of my post where it mentions SPEED. Also how those guys broke the line ON THEIR OWN! (no help from anyone) - line breakers.

Speed and line breakers. Maumalo? he's neither, thats my point.

Third equal for line breaks so that’s incorrect.

Iafeta

Referee
Tries scored count as line breaks. Seeing as we're one of the worst at scoring from kicks and our inability to score from long range it's safe to assume that most of his line breaks are from tries at close range.

Stats are nice, but there's so much they don't show.

Not always. If it’s off a kick it’s not a line break. If another player has broken the line and then he scores, it is the other player who is credited with a line break.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Third equal for line breaks so that’s incorrect.
Are you saying he's a bonafide line breaker? Thats what the stats say but their definition of a line break isn't exactly what Im talking about.

Have we seen him break the line and score a try this year? nope. Does he break the line running down the side line like Fergusson and Addo Carr does? of course not. You'd be DUMB to think Ken is a line breaker of that sort.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Not always. If it’s off a kick it’s not a line break. If another player has broken the line and then he scores, it is the other player who is credited with a line break.
NONE of Kens tries are of his own doing. He did NOT break the line on his own and score all on his own. They were set up for him. EVERY Warriors fan knows that. He's NOT breaking the line clean when nothings on and scoring all on his own. No no, absolutely not. Lets not get fantastical here and stick to the TRUTH!

Iafeta

Referee
Talking pure fact. You said he doesn’t break the line. It’s an incorrect statement.

I couldn’t care less if he broke the line by running over 5 blokes, running the 100m in 8 seconds, or side stepping 12 dudes. A line break is a line break.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Maumalo has scored maybe 2 tries from kicks this year and we don't do support play so I doubt many came after a line break from someone else.

The majority of his line breaks would be close range overlaps.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Talking pure fact. You said he doesn’t break the line. It’s an incorrect statement.

I couldn’t care less if he broke the line by running over 5 blokes, running the 100m in 8 seconds, or side stepping 12 dudes. A line break is a line break.
Pure fact is he is not a line breaker. Are you saying Ken is a line breaker? LOL, lets watch to see how much line breaks he makes tomorrow. You reckon he'll make more than two tomorrow? he's a line breaker right? RIGHT? LOL.

Iafeta

Referee
NONE of Kens tries are of his own doing. He did NOT break the line on his own and score all on his own. They were set up for him. EVERY Warriors fan knows that. He's NOT breaking the line clean when nothings on and scoring all on his own. No no, absolutely not. Lets not get fantastical here and stick to the TRUTH!

Well of course. If you are on the end of the line you are set up by others. The same as for other wingers like Addo Carr and the others that people wank on about. Ferguson I think you mentioned, he was put on the outside by blokes inside him. Yes he converted it but he didn’t create it all on his own.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Well of course. If you are on the end of the line you are set up by others. The same as for other wingers like Addo Carr and the others that people wank on about. Ferguson I think you mentioned, he was put on the outside by blokes inside him. Yes he converted it but he didn’t create it all on his own.
WATCH the replay Blake had to beat someone on the outside using sheer pace. Ken doesnt beat his man. When are yous going to realise that. That was something we discussed during this year is Ken INABILITY to beat his man and NOW he's a line breaker?? OMG!!

Iafeta

Referee
Maumalo has scored maybe 2 tries from kicks this year and we don't do support play so I doubt many came after a line break from someone else.

The majority of his line breaks would be close range overlaps.

I don’t disagree. But he’s also got line breaks scoring in the corner when he’s got a difficult put down under pressure.

All I’ve said is

1. He’s third equal for line breaks.
2. Not all line breaks is simply putting the ball down.
3. A lot of wingers line breaks are because of work inside them.

Iafeta

Referee
WATCH the replay Blake had to beat someone on the outside using sheer pace. Ken doesnt beat his man. When are yous going to realise that. That was something we discussed during this year is Ken INABILITY to beat his man and NOW he's a line breaker?? OMG!!

Yes he did. Ferguson’s play was good. However he was still put into space and given the chance to do so.

You are an aggro one aren’t you.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
To simplify it - f**k what the stats say. Does Ken break through tackles on a regular? NO. Thats a no brainer for those who watch the Warriors on a regular.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Yes he did. Ferguson’s play was good. However he was still put into space and given the chance to do so.

You are an aggro one aren’t you.
Yeah but Blake has broken through on his own many times. More times than Ken. Do you agree?

Iafeta

Referee
I’m not sure why you are so devastated and testy about all of this @ZEROMISSTACKLES . Others have said previously that Ken Maumalo is not a winger. I’ve not said he’s the greatest winger of all time. There’s a very big gap between not being a winger and being the greatest. I’m saying he has become a very good winger at our club.