What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something to lift our spirits...

Dragon David

First Grade
Here's a little something to lift us out of the weekend funk...

Unbelievably fantastic. What a player. Lightning fast and so exciting. We need guys like him, Mundine even Mary, Treacy, Ainscough, Brown the list goes on. What a team we had back then. So sad that the grand final in 1999 wasn't ours - such a big pity that was, but who can ever forget Nathan Blacklock? Never will in a million years.

Last edited:

The Word

Juniors
How did you get converted to becoming a Saints supporter?
My wife's parents (she's an Aussie) had retired down the south coast so we found a place in Thirroul, halfway between my job in the city and her parents. Then my first job over here was for St George Bank and my boss used to get tickets for the Chairmans's club at the WIN stadium games and he was a mad dragons supporter. He used to take me to games, and I got to meet the players and Board.

I was really passionate about watching soccer in England so I kind of needed to replace that with something and when I went to my first Dragons game I was blown away by the physicality of the game and the athleticism and skill levels of the players. The fact that St George is the patron saint of England was a bonus. I mean our flag has the St George cross on it.

It all kind of fell in to place. I mean you never really pick your team do you, it kind of picks you?

Illusion

Bench

justadragon

Bench
Yes, the thought of those days that they would never end was great until 2000 when we got thrashed by the Storm 70-10. We finished 9th out of 14 so not so good for that year, but at this stage for 2024, I would love us to be able to finish in 9th spot.
Ah yes you can blame Mr Mundine for firing up the Storm just before we played them again, I think he called them imposters for winning the final and they really knew who the true champions were, thanks choc much appreciated !!!

Dragon David

First Grade
When was the last time you saw a comeback like this from a Dragons side, we are the providers of comebacks now not the instigators.
It was a great comeback justa wasn't it? I dream of those magical moments of us being down and then getting up in the last few minutes. I can recall we beat the Roosters just before the final whistle - Ben Creagh barging over to score.

Alas though as you say we are the ones allowing the opposition to come back mostly now.

Latest posts